The DELL Equallogic G613R is a 100GB SATA internal SSD with hot-swap capability, which means it can be replaced or added to a system while it's still running without shutting down the system. Hot-swapping can save time and improve system availability because it eliminates the need for downtime during maintenance or upgrades. The hot-swap capability of this SSD also means that it can be quickly and easily removed and replaced if it fails, which can reduce downtime and minimize the risk of data loss. It is important to note that not all systems support hot-swapping, so it is important to check the system documentation to ensure that hot-swapping is supported before attempting to use this feature.
Installation and Maintenance
To install and maintain the DELL Equallogic G613R 100GB SATA internal SSD, follow these steps:
- Ensure that you have the necessary tools and equipment for the installation, such as a screwdriver and an anti-static wrist strap to prevent damage to the drive.
- Turn off the computer or server where the SSD will be installed and disconnect all cables and peripherals.
- Open the case or chassis of the computer or server, depending on the type of device where the SSD will be installed.
- Locate the SATA port where the SSD will be connected. It may be necessary to remove other drives or components to access the port.
- Gently insert the SSD into the SATA port and secure it with screws if necessary.
- Connect the SATA power and data cables to the SSD and to the power supply and motherboard, respectively.
- Close the case or chassis and reconnect all cables and peripherals.
- Turn on the computer or server and verify that the SSD is detected by the system.
For maintenance, it is recommended to keep the SSD firmware updated to ensure optimal performance and compatibility with the system. The firmware can be downloaded from the manufacturer's website and installed using the appropriate software tool. It is also important to regularly back up the data stored on the SSD to prevent loss in case of failure or damage.
The Dell EqualLogic G613R is an internal SSD designed to provide high-speed and reliable storage for Dell EqualLogic storage arrays. Here are some of the reliability features of the Dell EqualLogic G613R 100GB SATA Internal SSD:
- RAID protection: The Dell EqualLogic G613R supports RAID protection, which provides data redundancy in case of disk failure. RAID 0, RAID 1, and RAID 10 are supported.
- Wear leveling: The G613R SSD uses wear-leveling technology to distribute data evenly across the drive to prevent any one area from being overused. This helps to extend the life of the SSD.
- End-to-end data protection: The Dell EqualLogic G613R supports end-to-end data protection, which ensures that data is not corrupted during transmission. This helps to maintain data integrity and prevent data loss.
- Power loss protection: The Dell EqualLogic G613R has power loss protection, which helps to prevent data loss in case of a power outage. It uses a supercapacitor to provide power to the drive long enough to complete any write operations in progress.
- SMART monitoring: The Dell EqualLogic G613R supports SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology) monitoring, which can alert administrators to potential issues with the drive before they cause data loss.
- Manufacturer: DELL
- Part Number or SKU#: G613R
- Type: Solid State Drive - Internal
- Form Factor: 2.5inch X 1/8h
- Storage Capacity: 100GB
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 X Serial Ata-300 - 7 Pin Serial Ata
- Compatible Bays: 1 X Internal - 2.5
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About Refurbished Products
Are you looking for a hard drive, especially to boost performance and expand storage capacity? Some of the reasons for wanting to buy a SATA solid-state drive include: the need for bigger storage space, performance issues such as taking longer to simply open documents or export large files such as videos, or you are building a new PC.
We recommend that you understand why you need a new drive before getting a SATA SSD. Some of the considerations include storage capacities, technical requirements, and budgetary considerations. It is always good to have different types of hard drives based on the benefits and drawbacks associated with each type.
Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA or Serial ATA) interface is almost a default on a majority of drives based on its lower cost and large storage capacity. They offer greater value in terms of storage capacity and are suited for applications that do not require high read or write speeds. SATA interface replaced the parallel ATA (PATA) interface offering an increased data transfer rate of up to 6 Gbps and a throughput of 600 MB/s owing to the serial paired lines. SATA has backward compatibility with PATA owing to the ATA/ATAPI command set. The implementation of SATA happens in the connectors on the drives and motherboards as well as the SATA cables.
On the other hand, solid-state drives use non-volatile flash memory and do not have mechanical parts. SATA SSD implies that it is a solid-state drive with SATA connectors and happens to be more expensive compared to SATA HDDs. Generally, SSDs are faster, more durable, and have form factors that make them ideal for use in laptops. The speeds and sizes of specific SSDs are dependent on the manufacturer and form factor.
Other features of the SATA SSDs include:
- Read/Write Speeds: SATA SSDs have faster reads and write in the storage of data. The write speeds are comparatively greater than the read speeds which makes the drives best suited for transferring data into storage. Overall, SATA is best suited for large data capacities that will not be accessed on a regular basis.
- Storage Capacity: SATA SSDs have better and large storage capacity. The 2.5" form factor ideal for use in laptops offering adequate storage capacity and durability is readily available. We have solid-state drive SATA options ranging in size from 32GB, 50GB, 64GB, and up to 1TB, 1.2TB, and 3.8TB.
- Price: We have SATA SSDs that generally offer good value for money per GB of storage.
- Easier Connections: Since SATA interfaces have thinner cables, it becomes easy and manageable to ensure improved airflow within the server cabinet. You get more flexibility in assembling a system since SATA cables are longer.
- Hot Plugging: The SATA interface supports the removal of drives from a PC or server without having to perform a complete shutdown.
- Low Energy Consumption: SATA SSDs are energy efficient which helps save battery resources and makes them ideal for laptop computers.
SATA SSDs can be used together with NVMe SSDs since you can have more than one drive on your computers and servers. The SATA SSDs will connect using the SATA connector whereas the NVMe SSDs will make use of the PCIe slot to offer faster performance. Concurrent use can also happen with the M.2 SSDs that are a replacement of the mSATA that only supported the SATA interface standard. M.2 SSDs are able to support different interface standards including PCIe 3.0, SATA 3.0, and USB 3.0 interfaces, and offer faster performance and greater storage capacities.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.