The Dell N2048P is a Layer 3 switch that is part of the Dell Networking N2000 series. It is designed for small to medium-sized enterprises, providing high-performance network connectivity with enhanced security and management features. The switch is ideal for use in data centers, server rooms, and other network infrastructure environments where reliable and efficient network operations are required. In this article, we will discuss the Dell N2048P Layer 3 Switch in detail, covering its features, benefits, and use cases.
The Dell N2048P Layer 3 switch comes with a range of features that make it an ideal choice for enterprise-level networking. Some of its key features include:
- 48 Ports (PoE+) - The Dell N2048P switch comes with 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports that support Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+). This feature provides power to PoE-enabled devices, such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras, without the need for separate power supplies.
- Layer 3 Routing - The Dell N2048P switch supports Layer 3 routing, allowing it to route traffic between VLANs and subnets. This feature improves network performance and enhances security by isolating network traffic.
- Manageable - The Dell N2048P switch is fully manageable, allowing network administrators to configure and manage the switch remotely. The switch supports industry-standard management protocols, such as SNMP, Telnet, SSH, and HTTP/HTTPS, making it easy to integrate into existing network infrastructures.
- High Performance - The Dell N2048P switch delivers high performance, with a switching capacity of up to 176 Gbps and a forwarding rate of up to 130.95 Mpps. The switch also supports jumbo frames, enabling it to handle large data transfers more efficiently.
- Enhanced Security - The Dell N2048P switch comes with a range of security features, including access control lists (ACLs), port security, and DHCP snooping, to help secure the network against unauthorized access and attacks.
The Dell N2048P Layer 3 switch provides a range of benefits to enterprise-level networks. Some of the key benefits of the switch include:
- Improved Network Performance - The Dell N2048P switch delivers high performance, with a switching capacity of up to 176 Gbps and a forwarding rate of up to 130.95 Mpps. This high performance ensures that data is transmitted quickly and efficiently, improving network performance.
- Enhanced Security - The Dell N2048P switch comes with a range of security features, including ACLs, port security, and DHCP snooping, to help secure the network against unauthorized access and attacks. This enhances network security, protecting sensitive data from unauthorized access.
- Simplified Management - The Dell N2048P switch is fully manageable, allowing network administrators to configure and manage the switch remotely. The switch supports industry-standard management protocols, making it easy to integrate into existing network infrastructures. This simplifies management, reducing the time and effort required to manage the network.
- Scalability - The Dell N2048P switch is scalable, allowing network administrators to add additional switches as the network grows. This ensures that the network can easily expand to accommodate additional users and devices.
General Information about this Dell N2048P
- Manufacture: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# N2048P
- Product Type: Manageable Switch
Technical Information for 48 Ports Switch
- Power Over Ethernet (Poe): POE+
- Total Number of Ports: 48
- 48 X 10/100/1000 + 2 X 10 Gigabit SFP+
Performance of Manageable Switch
- Ndp Entries: 400
- Priority Queues Per Port: 8
- Ipv4 Routes (Static): 256
- Ipv6 Routes (Static): 128
- Ipv4 Routes (Dynamic): 256
- Vlan Routing Interfaces: 256
- Switching Fabric Bandwidt : 220 GBPS
- Forwarding Performance: 164 MPPS
- Stacking Bandwidth: 84 GBPS
- Capacity: Virtual Interfaces (Vlans): 4096
- Arp Entries: 1024
- Acl : 100
- Max Acl Rules System-Wide : 2048
- Maximum Rules Per Acl : 1023
- Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (Ipv4) Ingress Rules : 1024
- Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (Ipv4) Egress Rules : 512
- Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (Ipv6) Ingress Rules : 512
- Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (Ipv6) Egress Rules : 256
- Maximum Vlan Interfaces With Acls Applied : 24
- Maximum Aggregation Groups : 128
- Maximum Dynamic Ports Per Switch Stack : 144
- Maximum Member Ports Per Lag : 8
- Mac Address Table Size : 8192 Entries
- Routing Protocol : Rip-1, Rip-2, Static Ipv4 Routing, Static Ipv6 Routing
- Remote Management Protocol : Telnet, Tftp
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.