Dell is a well-known brand in the technology industry that produces a wide range of high-quality products, including servers, laptops, desktops, and networking devices. In this article, we will discuss in detail one of Dell's networking devices, the Dell N3208PX-ON L3 Managed PoE+ SFP+ 8 Ports Rack Mountable Ethernet Switch.
The Dell N3208PX-ON is a Layer 3 managed switch that provides 8 ports for Ethernet connectivity. The switch is designed to deliver high performance and reliability, making it ideal for use in small to medium-sized businesses. It is rack-mountable, which means that it can be easily installed in a server rack. The switch supports Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+), which means that it can provide power to connected devices such as IP cameras, access points, and VoIP phones.
Layer 3 Managed Switch
A Layer 3 managed switch is a networking device that operates at the third layer of the OSI model, which is the network layer. This layer is responsible for routing data packets between different networks. A Layer 3 switch can perform the same functions as a Layer 2 switch (switching and forwarding packets), but it also has the capability to route packets based on IP addresses.
The Dell N3208PX-ON is a Layer 3 managed switch, which means that it can route packets based on IP addresses. This feature is useful in environments where multiple subnets are present, as it allows for the efficient transfer of data between different networks.
The Dell N3208PX-ON switch supports PoE+, which is a technology that allows network devices to receive power over Ethernet cables. This eliminates the need for separate power cables, which simplifies the installation process and reduces cable clutter. PoE+ can provide up to 30 watts of power per port, which is sufficient to power devices such as IP cameras, access points, and VoIP phones.
The Dell N3208PX-ON switch is designed to be mounted in a server rack. This is a convenient feature, as it allows for easy installation and saves space. A rack-mounted switch can also be easily accessed for maintenance or configuration purposes.
An Ethernet switch is a networking device that connects devices together on a local area network (LAN). The switch receives data packets from one device and forwards them to the appropriate destination device. This is done by examining the destination MAC address of the packet and forwarding it to the correct port.
The Dell N3208PX-ON switch has 8 Ethernet ports, which can be used to connect devices such as computers, servers, printers, and other network devices. The switch supports speeds of up to 10 Gigabit per second (Gbps), which is sufficient for most small to medium-sized businesses.
Overall, the Dell N3208PX-ON L3 Managed PoE+ SFP+ 8 Ports Rack Mountable Ethernet Switch is a high-quality networking device that is designed to deliver high performance and reliability. It is a Layer 3 managed switch that can route packets based on IP addresses, and it supports PoE+, which allows for the efficient powering of connected devices. The switch is rack-mountable, which makes it easy to install and saves space. It has 8 Ethernet ports that support speeds of up to 10 Gbps, making it suitable for most small to medium-sized businesses. If you are looking for a reliable and high-performance Ethernet switch, the Dell N3208PX-ON is definitely worth considering.
General Information about the Dell N3208PX-ON
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# N3208PX-ON
- Device Type: Switch 8 Ports L3 Managed
- Enclosure Type: Front To Back Airflow Rack Mountable 1U
- Subtype: 5 Gigabit Ethernet
Technical Information for this Dell Ethernet Switch
- Ram: 4 GB
- Flash Memory: 8 GB
- Total Number of Network Ports: 8 Port Switch
- Ports: 4 X 10/100/1000/2.5g/5g (POE+) + 4 X 10/100/1000 (POE+) + 2 X 10 Gigabit SFP+
- Power Over Ethernet (POE): POE+
- Performance : Switching Capacity: 88 GBPS ¦ Forwarding Rate: 122 MBPS
- Capacity: 1024 static IPv4 and 1024 static IPv6 routes Routes Ipv4 (dynamic): 8160 4096 Ipv6 Routes (dynamic) 8 Member Ports Maximum Per Lag 144 Dynamic Ports Maximum Per Switch Stack Groups Lag: 128 Routes for Ospf: 8158 512 rip routes Next Hops Per Route for Ecmp: 16 1024 Ecmp Groups 128 Vlan Routing Interfaces 4094 Vlans are supported. 1023 multicast entries (ipv4) 1021 multicast entries (ipv6) 6144 Arp Entries 2560 Ndp Entries Acl: 100 ¦ 1023 Rules Maximum Per Acl Maximum Acl Rules in the System: 3914 ACL Rules Per Interface Maximum (ipv4) Egress Regulations: 511 IPv4 Ingress Rules with the Most Acl Rules Per Interface: 1023 Egress Rules: 506 Maximum Acl Rules Per Interface (IPv6) ACL Rules Per Interface Maximum (ipv6) Entry Requirements: 1021 Maximum Number of Vlan Interfaces With Applied Acls: 24Mac Address Table Size : 32k Entries
- Routing Protocol : Ospf, Rip, Rip-2, Igmpv2, Igmp, Ospfv2, Igmpv3, Ospfv3, Ipv4-to-ipv6 Multicast
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Snmp 2, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Rmon 3, Rmon 9, Telnet, Snmp 3, Http, Tftp, Ssh-2
- Encryption Algorithm : Md5, Aes, Ssl, Tls
- Authentication Method : Radius, Tacacs+, Secure Shell V.2 (SSH2)
- Features: Flow Control, Mdi/mdi-x Switch, Auto-negotiation, Arp Support, VLAN Support, Port Mirroring, Diffserv Support, Weighted Round Robin (WRR) Queuing, Broadcast Storm Control, Ipv6 Support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) Support, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP) Support, Access Control List (ACL) Support, Quality Of Service (QOS), St
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.2, Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ab, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.3ac, Ieee 802.1s, Ieee 802.1v, Ieee 802.1ag, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.3az, Ieee 802.3ax
Dimensions & Weight of Dell 8 Ports Switch
- Height: 1.8 Inch
- Width: 10 Inch
- Depth: 6.3 Inch
Expansion / Connectivity for Dell Rack mountable Switch
- 4 X 10/100/1000/2.5g/5g Rj-45 Poe+ 90 W 4 X 10/100/1000 Base-t Rj-45 Poe+ 90 W 1 X 10/100/1000 Base-t Rj-45 Management 2 X 10gbit Lan SFP+
- Power Device: Internal Power Supply Hot-plug
- Installed Qty: 1
- Max Supported Qty: 2
- Power Redundancy: Optional
- Power Redundancy Scheme: 1+1 (with Optional Power Supply)
- Power Provided: 320 Watt
- Power Consumption Operational: 827 Watt
- 80 Plus Certification: 80 Plus Platinum
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.