Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR)
Multicast VLAN Registration (MVR) is a feature in network switches that allows for the efficient distribution of multicast traffic within a Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN). Multicast traffic is a type of network traffic where a single source sends data to multiple receivers. In a VLAN environment, it is important to ensure that multicast traffic is properly confined to the appropriate VLAN to avoid network congestion and security breaches.
MVR works by creating a separate virtual interface for each VLAN, allowing for the efficient distribution of multicast traffic within the VLAN. When a switch receives multicast traffic, it uses the VLAN information to identify the virtual interface associated with the VLAN, and sends the traffic only to the receivers in that VLAN.
One of the benefits of MVR is that it can reduce network congestion caused by unnecessary forwarding of multicast traffic. In traditional multicast networking, when a switch receives multicast traffic, it broadcasts the traffic to all ports in the VLAN, even if there are no receivers for the traffic. With MVR, the switch only sends the multicast traffic to the ports that have receivers for that traffic, reducing the amount of unnecessary network traffic.
Network Access Control
Network Access Control (NAC) is a security technology used to regulate access to a computer network. The goal of NAC is to prevent unauthorized access to a network by ensuring that all devices connecting to the network comply with a set of security policies. This is done by requiring the device to meet certain security criteria before it is allowed to connect to the network.
The criteria for network access control can include:
- Device security: Ensuring that the device is free of malware, viruses, and other security threats.
- Device configuration: Verifying that the device is configured according to security policies.
- User authentication: Verifying the identity of the user attempting to access the network.
- Endpoint security: Ensuring that endpoint devices have the necessary security software installed and are updated regularly.
NAC solutions can use various technologies such as 802.1X authentication, firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection and prevention systems to enforce these security policies. Once a device is granted access to the network, the NAC solution continues to monitor the device to ensure that it remains in compliance with security policies.
The PCT5548 Dell Powerconnect 5548 Switch has routing capabilities, which allow it to forward network traffic between different subnets or VLANs. Routing is an important function in a network because it enables communication between devices on different subnets, and helps to increase network efficiency and reliability.
The PCT5548 switch supports both static and dynamic routing protocols. Static routing involves manually configuring the routes in the switch, while dynamic routing protocols, such as Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), dynamically exchange information between routers to determine the best routes for network traffic.
With its routing capabilities, the PCT5548 switch can act as a router and provide inter-VLAN routing, enabling communication between devices on different VLANs within the same network. This can help to improve network security by separating network traffic into different VLANs, while still allowing communication between devices on different VLANs as needed.
General Information about this Dell PCT5548
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# PCT5548
- Type: Switch
Technical Information of 48-Ports Switch
- Device Type : Switch - 48 Ports - Managed - Stackable
- Enclosure Type : Desktop, Rack-mountable - 1u
- Ports : 48 X 10/100/1000 + 2 X 10 Gigabit Sfp+
- Performance : Switching Capacity : 128 Gbps Forwarding Performance : 65.47 Mpps
- Capacity : Mac Addresses : 16000 Virtual Interfaces (vlans) : 4000 Qos Hardware Queues : 8 Igmp Snooping Entries : 256 Acl : 3000 Acl Entries : 3000
- Mac Address Table Size : 16k Entries
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Rmon, Telnet, Snmp 2c, Http, Https, Tftp, Ssh, Ssh-2, Cli
- Encryption Algorithm : Ssl 3.0
- Authentication Method : Radius, Tacacs+
- Features : Layer 3 Switching, Layer 2 Switching, Dhcp Support, Auto-negotiation, Bootp Support, Vlan Support, Auto-uplink (auto Mdi/mdi-x), Igmp Snooping, Syslog Support, Port Mirroring, Weighted Round Robin (wrr) Queuing, Broadcast Storm Control, Ipv6 Support, Ip Address Filtering, Sntp Support, Weighted Random Early Detection (wred), Sflow, Spanning Tree Protocol (stp) Support, Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (rstp) Support, Virtual Cable Test (vct) Technology, Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp) Support, Access Control List (acl) Support, Quality Of Service (qos), Jumbo Frames Support, Ipv4 Support, Lacp Support, Management Information Base (mib)
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.2, Ieee 802.3, Ieee 802.3u, Ieee 802.3i, Ieee 802.3z, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.1p, Ieee 802.3x, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.1w, Ieee 802.1x, Ieee 802.3ac, Ieee 802.1ad, Ieee 802.1v
- Ram : 1 Gb - Sdram
- Flash Memory : 16 Mb
Expansion / Connectivity for Ethernet Switch
- Interfaces : 48 X 10base-t/100base-tx/1000base-t - Rj-45 2 X 10gb Ethernet - Sfp+ Usb : 1 X
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.