48 Port SFP+ Configuration
48 Port SFP+ Configuration refers to a switch that has 48 Small Form-Factor Pluggable (SFP+) ports, which are used for high-speed networking connections. SFP+ is a compact and versatile interface for connecting network devices, such as switches, servers, and storage systems.
SFP+ ports are designed to support data rates of up to 10 gigabits per second (Gbps), providing high-speed connectivity for demanding network environments. This makes them ideal for use in data centers, where high-speed data transfer is critical.
The 48 port SFP+ configuration of a switch allows administrators to connect multiple network devices to the switch, providing increased network connectivity and scalability. Additionally, SFP+ ports provide increased flexibility, as they can be easily replaced or upgraded as network needs change.
Enhanced Network Control
Enhanced Network Control refers to the ability to manage and control various aspects of a computer network. In the context of Layer 3 management, enhanced network control provides administrators with advanced features and functionalities to manage their networks more effectively.
With enhanced network control, administrators can:
- Segment the network into smaller, manageable sub-networks, known as VLANs.
- Control the flow of network traffic by implementing policies and rules, such as Quality of Service (QoS) policies.
- Monitor network performance and identify potential security threats, through advanced logging and reporting capabilities.
- Simplify network management by reducing the number of physical network devices needed.
- Improve network resiliency and reliability by implementing redundancy mechanisms such as Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) and Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP).
Scalable Network Management
Scalable Network Management refers to the ability of a network to adapt and grow to meet changing network demands and requirements. This allows administrators to manage and control their network effectively, even as the network grows and evolves over time.
Scalable network management includes features and functionalities such as:
- Dynamic resource allocation - This allows the network to automatically allocate resources, such as bandwidth and storage, based on changing network demands.
- Centralized management - This allows administrators to manage multiple network devices from a single location, reducing the time and effort required to manage the network.
- Automated configuration and deployment - This allows network devices to be automatically configured and deployed, reducing the need for manual intervention.
- Virtualization - This allows administrators to create virtual network devices, such as virtual switches and routers, which can be managed and controlled in a similar way to physical devices.
- Load balancing - This allows network traffic to be evenly distributed across multiple devices, improving network performance and reducing the risk of device failure.
General Information about this Dell PCT5548P
- Manufacturer: Dell
- Part Number or SKU# PCT5548P
- Device Type: Switch
Technical Information of Dell 48 Ports Switch
- Enclosure Type: Desktop, Rack-Mountable 1U
- Ports: 48 X 10/100/1000 + 2 X 10 Gigabit SFP+
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): PoE
- Performance : Switching Capacity : 176 GBPS Forwarding Performance : 100.2 MPPS
- Mac Address Table Size: 16k Entries
- Remote Management Protocol: Snmp 1, Rmon, Telnet, Snmp 2c, Http, Https, Tftp, Ssh, Ssh-2, Cli
- Encryption Algorithm: SSL 3.0
- Authentication Method: Radius, Tacacs+
- Ram: 1 GB SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 16 MB
- Capacity: Mac Addresses: 16000 Virtual Interfaces (VLANS) : 4000 Qos Hardware Queues : 8 Igmp Snooping Entries: 256 Acl: 3000 Acl Entries : 3000
- Features: Power Over Ethernet (PoE), Layer 3 switching, Layer 2 switching, Dhcp support Support for Bootp, VLAN, Auto-uplink (auto Mdi/mdi-x), and Igmp Snooping Weighted Round Robin (wrr) Queuing, Port Mirroring, and Syslog Support televised storm protection Support for IPv6, IP address filtering, Sntp Assistance, wred, Sflow, and weighted random early detection Support for the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), Support for the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), Technology for Virtual Cable Testing (VCT), Support for Access Control List (ACL), Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (mstp), and Quality of Service (qos), Support for Jumbo Frames, IPv4, Lacp, and Management Information Base (mib)
- Compliant Standards: IEEE Standards 802.2, 802.3, 802.3u, 802.3i, 802.3z, 802.1d, 802.1q, 802.1p, 802.3x, 802.3ad (lacp), 802.1w, 802.1x, 802.3ac, Ieee 802.1ad, and Ieee 802.1v
Expansion / Connectivity for this Dell Rack-Mountable Switch
- Interfaces: 48 X 10base-t/100base-tx/1000base-t Rj-45 PoE 2 X 10GB Ethernet SFP+ USB: 1 X
- Power Device: Power Supply - Internal
- Voltage Required: Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.