Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The EMC 005052281 15.36TB SAS 6GBPS Enterprise SSD is designed for use in enterprise-level systems and is built to be highly reliable and durable. However, as with any storage device, regular maintenance and troubleshooting may be required to ensure optimal performance and to prevent data loss.
Regular maintenance tasks that should be performed on the EMC 005052281 15.36TB SAS 6GBPS Enterprise SSD include:
- Firmware updates: Firmware updates may be released by EMC to address bugs, improve performance, or add new features. It's recommended to check for firmware updates periodically and to apply them as soon as they become available.
- Check for errors: The drive's SMART (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attributes should be checked regularly to ensure that no errors have occurred. Some common SMART error codes that indicate a problem with the drive include high temperature, high power-on hours, and high reallocated sector count.
- Check disk space: The drive's disk space should be monitored to ensure that it is not running out of space. If the drive is running low on space, it may become slow or unstable.
- Check for bad blocks: The drive's bad block table should be checked to ensure that no bad blocks have been detected on the drive.
Troubleshooting the EMC 005052281 15.36TB SAS 6GBPS Enterprise SSD can be done by:
- Checking the system logs: The system logs should be checked to see if any errors or warnings have been reported related to the drive.
- Running diagnostic tools: EMC provides diagnostic tools that can be used to test the drive for errors and to generate SMART attribute reports.
- Isolating the problem: If the drive is suspected to be the cause of a problem, it should be removed from the system and replaced with a known good drive. If the problem persists, the issue is likely to be with the system.
- Contacting support: If the problem cannot be resolved, you should contact EMC's technical support team for further assistance.
Connectivity and Compatibility
The EMC 005052281 15.36TB SAS 6GBPS Enterprise SSD is a high-performance solid-state drive (SSD) designed for use in enterprise storage systems. It has a large capacity of 15.36TB and uses the SAS interface, which provides a data transfer rate of 6 Gbps. The drive is designed for connectivity and compatibility with different types of enterprise storage systems.
The SAS interface is a widely-used interface in enterprise storage systems, and is compatible with a wide range of servers and storage controllers. Additionally, SAS interface can be used to connect multiple drives in a daisy-chain configuration, which allows for increased scalability and flexibility in storage systems.
The drive is also designed to be compatible with a variety of enterprise storage systems, including those from EMC, Dell, and other major vendors. This makes it easy to integrate the drive into existing storage systems, or to build new storage systems using the drive.
In terms of compatibility with different types of workloads, the drive is designed for high-performance, high-IOPS workloads such as transactional databases, online transaction processing (OLTP), and big data analytics. This makes it ideal for use in environments such as data centers, cloud storage systems, and other enterprise environments that require high-speed, high-capacity storage.
Types of Solid State Drives
EMC 005052281 15.36TB SAS 6GBPS Enterprise SSD is a type of solid state drive (SSD) that uses a SAS interface and has a storage capacity of 15.36 terabytes. SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) is a high-speed data transfer interface that is typically used in enterprise-level storage systems. This type of SSD is designed for use in mission-critical applications that require high performance, reliability, and endurance. Other types of SSDs include SATA SSDs, NVMe SSDs, and PCI-e SSDs, which have varying features and are used in different types of devices and applications.
General Information about this EMC 005052281
- Manufacturer: EMC
- Model Number or SKU# 005052281
- Product Type: Solid State Drive
- Storage Capacity: 15.36TB
Technical Information for 15.36TB Solid State Drive
- Form Factor: 2.5
- Interface: SAS 6GBPS
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About Refurbished Products
With the SAS 6Gbps SSD, you can use the same slots as with a hard disk drive that had the SAS interface. Check through our product offering for SAS SSDs in the 3Gbps, 6Gbps, and 12Gbps bandwidth options as well as either the 2.5-inch or the 3.5-inch form factors.
The SAS 6Gbps SSD is chiefly used for enterprise server applications. They are also suited for storage arrays that have application workloads that require high input/output (I/O), low latency, and high availability. If your business is based upon data analytics, online transaction processing, server virtualization, and high-performance computing, the SAS 6Gbps SSD is an excellent choice.
Notable features of the SAS 6Gbps SSD based on the serial attachment SCSI standard include:
- Performance: The data transfer speeds/rates in and out of storage will readily exceed 6Gbps (600MB/s throughput) and support full-duplex transmissions and advanced command queuing. This makes SAS 6Gbps SSD ideal for servers and workstations that require high data read/write speeds.
- Storage capacity: Even though the SAS technology is not big on storage capacity, there are still plenty of options to achieve collective storage capacity through a combination of both multiple SATA and SAS drives. We have the following capacities: 200GB, 300GB, 400GB, 480GB, 800GB, 920GB, 960GB, 1.6TB, 1.92TB, 2TB, 3.84TB, 4TB, and 7.68TB.
- Flexibility: The flexibility in using the SAS 6Gbps comes with backward compatibility with SCSI standards and physical and software compatibility on SATA drives.
- Scalability: The SAS 6Gbps offers a wide address range to support connections to external storage systems and other devices using long cables and small connectors.
- Reliability: It is highly possible to implement point-to-point connections, redundancy paths, and dual active port support with the SAS 6Gbps drives. The durability of the drives which is denoted as the meantime before failure (MTBF) is 1.2 to 1.6 million hours. The support of multiple data paths allows for greater availability and high-performance levels. In addition, the multiple data paths support data path redundancy.
- RAID technology: SAS technology makes use of SCSI technology, which incorporates a redundant array of independent disks (RAID) to prevent data loss. The RAID technology is critical for servers and workstations that process many transfers of temporary data. SAS technology employs multiple circuitry that allows data to be rerouted to a secondary circuit if the primary circuit fails.
The SAS 6Gbps will offer faster data transfer rates, easily achieving 600MB/s throughput. Compared to SATA SSDs, the SAS 6Gbps supports dual-port operation and plenty of built-in features that include RAID technology for data integrity, advanced error correction, and high signal quality on the cable with all work to improve reliability.
SAS 6GBps drives have a higher signal voltage that supports good overall end-to-end data integrity at double the speed of SATA drives. You will get high availability and better data path redundancy. This high-capacity SAS SSD is ideal for read-intensive workloads.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.