MPN : 461081-001
Type : Server Board
Board Type : PROLIANT
About Refurbished Products
The server motherboard coordinates and houses the vital components of the server from the CPU (Central Processing Unit) to the chipset, the PCIe slots, and all the RDIMM sockets. It can also be called a multiprocessor or systems board. A server motherboard hosts communications between the Server CPU and other systems connected to the server via a network which could be a server database, applications server, or web server. The server motherboard unlike a desktop motherboard typically has more than one microprocessor due to the workload as a lot of processes are always running in the background. Hence, it has more cores and threads for efficient data processing.
Server Board Components
- CPU support: these days, the memory controller is built directly into the CPU, therefore allowing it to support different memory speeds. That is why CPU count and the CPU type become important. For instance, Intel's Motherboard is only compatible with Intel processors. Hence, an LGA 771 CPU must be installed on an LGA 771 motherboard.
- Processor slots: Some motherboards can have two or more processors. Subject to server and processor type, the installation of the processor could be in a ZIF socket, a single-processor cartridge, or a patented multiprocessor cartridge. These days, server processors are socketed. Server boards based on ATX, BTX, and other form factors can also support up to 4 processors as the motherboard to be used in a server is influenced by the number of processors.
- Chipset: Although your motherboard may have a similar form factor with another server board, the components for compatibility depend on the chipset of the motherboard itself. It is made up of the north and south bridges. The northbridge is the chip controlling the channel of communication between the CPU, Memory, PCIe, and the southbridge. While the southbridge connects the input and output devices like the USBs, SATA, Bus, and others. It also regulates power management. Some server boards also have other chips for more functions like network control, PCI-X control, etc. The server motherboard's chipset supports memory ECC (error-correcting code) and Registered SDRAM and DDR RAM. It also supports PCI-X expansion slots
- iv.DIMM (RAM) sockets
Also, we have components for:
- Blade server: this is a server used as a channel between programs, and systems amongst others. We have the most compatible versions of the server board for this machine, so check our catalog.
- BladeCenter: we also offer server boards for BladeCenter servers. Such as 68Y8163 IBM - System Board.
- LGA 1150: we also offer server boards with the Socket H3, a product for Intel's central processing units (CPUs).
- LGA 1366: the socket B whose number of pins is indicated by 1366, this is a motherboard produced by Intel. If you need a server board that's compatible with this socket check out X8DTU-F Supermicro Dual LGA1366 Server Board.
- LGA 2011: better known as socket R and produced by intel as a replacement for Socket B. it has its memory controller and PCIe integrated into the CPU. For server boards compatible with this socket, check out our stock.
Check our server motherboards categories and other server products now, or contact our customer support if you need assistance.