Random Access Memory (RAM) is a type of computer memory that stores data and program instructions that a computer processor needs to access quickly. DDR3 SDRAM is a type of RAM that was introduced in 2007 as a successor to DDR2 SDRAM. DDR3 SDRAM provides higher bandwidth, lower power consumption, and higher memory capacity compared to its predecessor. It is commonly used in servers, workstations, and high-end desktop computers.
This article will discuss the 500205-171 8GB 1x8gb 1333mhz Pc3-10600 Cl9 Dual Rank Ecc Registered DDR3 SDRAM 240-Pin Dimm Memory for Server made by HP. We will break down the specifications of this memory module and explain what each specification means.
Specifications of the 500205-171 Memory Module
The 500205-171 memory module is an 8GB DDR3 SDRAM with a memory speed of 1333MHz. It is a Dual Rank memory module with Error-Correcting Code (ECC) and Registered features. The memory module uses a 240-pin Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) form factor and is designed for use in servers.
Let's take a closer look at each of these specifications to understand what they mean.
The 500205-171 memory module has a capacity of 8GB. This means that it can store up to 8 gigabytes of data and program instructions that can be accessed quickly by the computer processor. This memory capacity is suitable for servers and workstations that require high-performance computing.
The memory speed of the 500205-171 memory module is 1333MHz. Memory speed refers to the rate at which the memory module can transfer data to and from the computer processor. The higher the memory speed, the faster the data can be accessed by the processor. A memory speed of 1333MHz is considered to be fast and suitable for servers and workstations that require high-performance computing.
The 500205-171 memory module is a Dual Rank memory module. Dual Rank means that the memory module has two sets of memory chips on each side of the module's printed circuit board (PCB). The benefit of having a Dual Rank memory module is that it allows the computer processor to access more memory data at the same time, resulting in improved performance.
The 500205-171 memory module has ECC or Error-Correcting Code features. ECC is a type of memory technology that can detect and correct single-bit errors in data stored in memory. This feature is particularly important in servers and workstations where data integrity is critical. ECC memory can detect and correct errors in real-time, ensuring that the data being processed by the computer is accurate and reliable.
The 500205-171 memory module has Registered features. Registered memory is a type of memory technology that adds a buffer to the memory module, allowing it to support more memory chips. The benefit of Registered memory is that it can support larger memory capacities and higher memory speeds compared to Unbuffered memory modules. Registered memory modules are commonly used in servers and workstations that require high-performance computing.
240-Pin DIMM Form Factor
The 500205-171 memory module uses a 240-pin Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) form factor. The form factor refers to the physical design of the memory module, including the number of pins, the size of the module, and the location of the notches on the PCB. The 240-pin DIMM form factor is commonly used in servers and workstations that require high-performance computing.
General Information about the HP 500205-171
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part Number or SKU # 500205-171
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- RAM Type: PC3-10600
- Product Name: 8GB DDR3 SDRAM Memory Module
- Storage Capacity: 8GB
- Memory Technology: DDR3 SDRAM
- Number Of Modules: 1 X 8GB
- Bus Speed: 1333mhz DDR3-1333/PC3-10600
- Data Integrity Check: Ecc
- Signal Processing: Registered
- Cas Latency Timings: Cl9
- Platform Support: Proliant Server
- Form Factor: 240-Pin Dimm
- Dimensions (W X D X H) : 8.89 X 19.81 X 1.91 Cm (3.5 X 7.8 X 0.75 In)
- Weight: 0.45 Kg (1 Lb)
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Bl280c G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Bl460c G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Bl490c G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl160 G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl180 G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl360 G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl370 G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl380 G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Ml150 G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Ml350 G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Ml370 G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl1000 / Dl170h G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Sl160z G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Sl170z G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Sl2x170z G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Bl2x220c G6 Server Blade
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl160se G6
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl165 G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl385 G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Sl165z G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl360 G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Bl465c G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Bl685c G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl580 G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl585 G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Dl980 G7
- Proprietary HP Proliant Server - Bl460c G7
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 500205-171 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.