High-speed networking refers to the ability to transmit large amounts of data at very high speeds over a network. This technology has become increasingly important in modern IT infrastructure as organizations process and transfer more data than ever before. Here is a detailed explanation of high-speed networking:
High-speed networking is achieved through the use of high-speed network infrastructure components such as routers, switches, and servers that are designed to transmit data at very high speeds. These components typically use fiber optic cables instead of traditional copper cables because fiber optic cables can transmit data over longer distances and at higher speeds than copper cables.
One of the most important benefits of high-speed networking is improved performance. High-speed networking allows organizations to transfer large amounts of data quickly, which can significantly reduce data transfer times and improve overall system performance. For example, transferring a large file over a high-speed network can take only a few seconds, whereas the same file transfer over a slower network could take several minutes or even hours.
Another key benefit of high-speed networking is increased reliability. High-speed networks are typically designed with redundant components, such as multiple network links, to ensure that data can still be transmitted even if one component fails. This redundancy can help to prevent downtime and ensure that critical systems remain available.
High-speed networking is also essential for many modern technologies such as cloud computing, big data analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT). These technologies require the ability to process and transmit large amounts of data quickly and efficiently, which can only be achieved through high-speed networking.
To achieve high-speed networking, organizations must invest in high-speed network infrastructure components that are designed to handle high-speed data transfer. This can include high-speed switches, routers, and servers that are optimized for high-speed networking. In addition, organizations may need to invest in fiber optic cables and other high-speed networking components to ensure that their network can handle high-speed data transfer.
Streamlining Maintenance and Upkeep
Streamlining maintenance and upkeep of IT infrastructure is crucial for ensuring the reliability and longevity of the network. HPE provides a range of tools and services that can help organizations streamline maintenance and upkeep of their HPE systems and infrastructure. Here are some key considerations for streamlining maintenance and upkeep:
- Develop a maintenance schedule: A regular maintenance schedule can help organizations ensure that their IT infrastructure is kept up-to-date and operating at peak performance. HPE provides tools such as HPE OneView and HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC) that can be used to schedule and automate maintenance tasks.
- Automate maintenance tasks: Automating maintenance tasks can help organizations save time and reduce the risk of errors. HPE provides tools such as HPE OneView and HPE IMC that can be used to automate routine maintenance tasks such as firmware upgrades, backups, and health checks.
- Monitor system health: Monitoring the health of the IT infrastructure can help organizations identify and address issues before they become major problems. HPE provides tools such as HPE OneView and HPE IMC that can be used to monitor the health of the network and generate alerts when issues arise.
- Implement remote management: Remote management can help organizations reduce the time and cost associated with maintaining and upgrading their IT infrastructure. HPE provides tools such as HPE OneView and HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) that can be used to remotely manage HPE systems and infrastructure.
- Keep documentation up-to-date: Keeping documentation up-to-date can help organizations ensure that they have a clear understanding of their IT infrastructure and the steps required to maintain it. HPE provides tools such as HPE OneView that can be used to automatically generate detailed reports on the configuration and health of the network.
- Train staff: Effective maintenance and upkeep of IT infrastructure requires staff with the right skills and knowledge. HPE provides training and certification programs that can help staff develop the skills needed to maintain and upgrade HPE systems and infrastructure effectively.
Simplifying Transceiver Management
Transceiver management refers to the process of monitoring and controlling transceivers in a network. Transceivers are critical components in network infrastructure as they are responsible for transmitting and receiving data over a network. Simplifying transceiver management involves using tools and technologies that make it easier to monitor and control transceivers in a network. Here is a detailed explanation of how simplifying transceiver management can benefit network administrators:
One of the primary benefits of simplifying transceiver management is improved efficiency. With simplified transceiver management, network administrators can quickly identify and resolve issues related to transceivers, which can help to minimize downtime and ensure that critical systems remain available. For example, if a transceiver fails, network administrators can quickly identify the issue and replace the faulty component, ensuring that data can continue to be transmitted over the network.
Another key benefit of simplifying transceiver management is improved visibility. With simplified transceiver management, network administrators can easily monitor transceivers in real-time and receive alerts if any issues arise. This visibility can help to prevent issues from occurring in the first place by allowing network administrators to proactively identify and resolve issues before they impact network performance.
Simplifying transceiver management can also improve scalability. As networks grow in size, the number of transceivers in a network can quickly become overwhelming. Simplifying transceiver management can help to mitigate this issue by providing network administrators with tools and technologies that can be used to monitor and manage transceivers in large networks.
To simplify transceiver management, network administrators can use a variety of tools and technologies. For example, network monitoring software can be used to monitor transceivers in real-time, while automated network management tools can be used to automatically detect and resolve issues related to transceivers. Additionally, some network infrastructure vendors provide transceiver management tools that are specifically designed to simplify the management of their transceivers.
- Device Type : Transceiver Module
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module
- Interface (Bus) Type : Sfp
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Data Link Protocol : 8gb Fibre Channel (Long Wave)
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X Network - 8gb Fibre Channel (Long Wave)
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Sfp
Building a fibre-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fibre systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radios. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt the transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fibre optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in the transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fibre optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fibre optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 504441-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.