Product Overview of HP 516816-B21 450GB Hard Drive
The HP 516816-B21 is a high-performance hard drive designed for use in enterprise-level computer systems. This hard drive has a storage capacity of 450GB and operates at 15,000 rotations per minute (RPM). It connects to the computer system through a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface with a data transfer rate of up to 6Gbps. In this article, we will provide a detailed explanation of the features and specifications of the HP 516816-B21 hard drive.
The HP 516816-B21 hard drive has a storage capacity of 450GB, which is suitable for storing large amounts of data. This makes it a good choice for use in enterprise-level computer systems that require high storage capacity. It can be used for a variety of applications, such as databases, virtualization, and cloud computing.
The hard drive operates at a rotational speed of 15,000 RPM. This means that the platters inside the hard drive spin 15,000 times per minute, which allows data to be read and written quickly. The higher the RPM of a hard drive, the faster it can read and write data. This makes the HP 516816-B21 a good choice for applications that require fast data access, such as databases or transaction processing.
The HP 516816-B21 hard drive connects to the computer system through a Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) interface. SAS is a high-speed interface that is commonly used in enterprise-level computer systems. It offers a data transfer rate of up to 6 Gbps, which is much faster than the older SCSI interface. The SAS interface also supports dual-porting, which provides redundancy and failover protection.
The HP 516816-B21 hard drive has dual-porting capabilities, which provides redundancy and failover protection. Dual-porting allows the hard drive to connect to two different SAS ports on the computer system, which means that if one port fails, the hard drive can still be accessed through the other port. This ensures that data can still be accessed in the event of a failure, which reduces the risk of data loss.
Data Transfer Rate
The HP 516816-B21 hard drive has a data transfer rate of up to 6 Gbps. This means that it can transfer data at a rate of 6 billion bits per second. The data transfer rate is an important factor to consider when choosing a hard drive as it affects the overall performance of the computer system. A faster data transfer rate means that data can be accessed more quickly, which improves the performance of the computer system.
The HP 516816-B21 hard drive is designed for use in enterprise-level computer systems, which means that it is built for reliability. It has built-in features such as error correction and self-monitoring to ensure that data is stored safely and securely. Additionally, the hard drive has a Mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) rating of 1.6 million hours, which means that it is expected to operate reliably for a long period of time.
The HP 516816-B21 hard drive is hot-swappable, which means that it can be replaced without having to shut down the computer system. This makes it easy to replace a faulty hard drive without causing any interruptions to the system. Hot-swapping is a useful feature in enterprise-level computer systems, as it ensures that downtime is minimized.
Summary, the HP 516816-B21 is a high-performance hard drive designed for use in enterprise-level computer systems. It offers a large storage capacity of 450GB and operates at a fast rotational speed of 15,000 RPM.
Product Information about the HP 516816-B21
- Manufacturer Name: HP
- Part Number or SKU# 516816-B21
- Type: Hard Drive - Hot-Swap
- HDD Type: SAS 6GBPS
- Spare Part Number: 517352-001
- Model Number: EF0450FARMV
- Model Number: EF0450FATFE
- Assembly Number: 516810-002
- Assembly Number: 533871-002
- HP GPN: 516832-003
- HP GPN: 516832-004
- SmartBuy Number: 516816-S21
- Capacity: 450 GB
- Form Factor: 3.5 Inch LFF
- Interface: SAS 6GBPS
- Buffer: 16 MB
- Bytes per Sector: 512E
- Plug Type: Hot Plug
- Drive Technology (Fill): Air
- Carrier Type: Standard Carrier
- Workload: Enterprise
- Features: Dual Port
- Bundled with: HP Standard Carrier
- Rotational Speed: 15000 RPM
- Transfer Rate Synchronous (Maximum): 6 GB/Sec
- Single Track Seek Time (Typical Reads, Including Settling): 0.2 MS
- Average Seek Time (Typical Reads, Including Settling): 3.5 MS
- Full-Stroke Seek Time (Typical Reads, Including Settling): 6.8 MS
Dimension and Weight
- Width: 4 Inch
- Depth: 5.8 Inch
- Height: 1 Inch
- Weight: 1.52 LBS
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces: 2 x SAS 6GB/S
- Compatible Bay: 3.5 Inch x 1/3H
- Min Operating Temperature: 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 95 °F
- HP ProLiant DL Series: DL120 G7 (3.5 inch), DL120 G7 Base (3.5 inch), DL120 G7 Entry (3.5 inch), DL120 G7 Performance (3.5 inch), DL160 G5 (3.5 inch), DL160 G5 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL160 G5p (3.5 inch), DL160 G5p Special Server (3.5 inch), DL160 G6 (3.5 inch), DL160 G6 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL160se G6 (3.5 inch), DL165 G5 (3.5 inch), DL165 G5 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL165 G5p (3.5 inch), DL165 G5p Base (3.5 inch), DL165 G5p Performance (3.5 inch), DL165 G6 (3.5 inch), DL165 G7 (3.5 inch), DL165 G7 Base (3.5 inch), DL165 G7 Entry (3.5 inch), DL165 G7 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL180 G5 (3.5 inch), DL180 G5 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL180 G6 (3.5 inch), DL180 G6 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL185 G5 (3.5 inch), DL185 G5 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL2x170h G6 (3.5 inch), DL320 G6 (3.5 inch), DL320 G6 Entry (3.5 inch), DL320 G6 High Efficiency (3.5 inch), DL320 G6 Performance (3.5 inch), DL370 G6 (3.5 inch), DL370 G6 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL380 G6 (3.5 inch), DL380 G7 (3.5 inch), DL385 G5p (3.5 inch), DL385 G6 (3.5 inch), DL385 G6 Performance (3.5 inch), DL385 G7 (3.5 inch), DL4x170h G6 (3.5 inch) Servers
- HP ProLiant ML Series: ML110 G7 (3.5 inch), ML150 G6 (3.5 inch), ML310 G5p (3.5 inch), ML330 G6 (3.5 inch), ML330 G6 Base (3.5 inch), ML350 G5 (3.5 inch), ML350 G5 Entry (3.5 inch), ML350 G6 (3.5 inch), ML350 G6 Entry (3.5 inch), ML350 G6 Performance (3.5 inch), ML350 G6 Special Server (3.5 inch), ML370 G6 (3.5 inch) Servers
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 516816-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Hard Drive - SAS-6GBPS
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.