The HP P420 SAS RAID Controller (part number 631670-B21) is designed to provide exceptional reliability for HP ProLiant servers. It supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60, which provide different levels of data protection and redundancy. RAID levels such as RAID 5, 6, 10 and 50 provide better reliability compared to other RAID levels as they use striping and parity data to protect data in case of hard drive failure.
It also supports advanced data security options such as RAID ADG (Advanced Data Guarding) and RAID 60 which provide even more robust data protection and improve the overall reliability of the controller.
The controller also supports online RAID level migration, which allows you to change the RAID level of a virtual disk without disrupting access to the data. This provides flexibility to change the RAID level based on the changing storage needs of your organization, and can help to optimize the reliability of the controller.
The controller also supports online capacity expansion, which allows you to add more hard drive to the system without disrupting access to the data, this enables you to easily increase your storage capacity without any downtime, and improve the reliability of the controller.
The controller also supports online spare drive activation which allows you to replace a failed drive with a spare drive without disrupting access to the data, this ensures that your data is protected and the system is always available.
The controller also supports multiple paths to the storage array, which provides redundancy and improves availability in case of a host adapter failure. This ensures that your storage system is always available even if a component fails.
Performance of Smart Array
The HP P420 SAS RAID Controller (part number 631670-B21) is a Smart Array controller which is designed to provide high performance for HP ProLiant servers.
The Smart Array technology used in this controller provides advanced features such as caching and battery-backed write cache (BBWC) which improves the overall performance of the controller. The controller has 2GB of cache memory that can be upgraded to 4GB or 8GB, this cache memory is used to improve the read and write performance of the controller. The BBWC provides power loss protection for the cache data, which ensures that data is not lost in case of power failure.
The controller supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and 60, which provide different levels of data protection and redundancy. RAID levels such as RAID 5, 6, 10 and 50 provide better performance compared to other RAID levels as they use striping and parity data to improve read and write operations.
It also supports advanced data security options such as RAID ADG (Advanced Data Guarding) and RAID 60 which provide even more robust data protection and improve the overall performance of the controller.
The controller also supports online RAID level migration, which allows you to change the RAID level of a virtual disk without disrupting access to the data. This provides flexibility to change the RAID level based on the changing storage needs of your organization, and can help to optimize the performance of the controller.
The HP P420 SAS RAID Controller (part number 631670-B21) is designed for use specifically with HP ProLiant servers. It is important to check the compatibility of this controller with your server before purchasing, as it may not be compatible with other systems.
It's always a good practice to check the server manual or the HP website for any specific compatibility information or limitation of the controller before making any purchase. Additionally, if you are upgrading from an existing controller, make sure that the new controller is compatible with the existing server and that any necessary drivers and software are available for the new controller.
The controller supports PCI-E 3.0 X8 interface and supports SAS 6GBPS and SATA 3GBPS. This allows for the use of a variety of hard drives and host connections. The controller supports both SAS and SATA hard drives, which provides a wide range of compatibility with different types of hard drives.
It's important to note that the controller also has certain physical limitations such as the number of internal ports and the form factor. It's important to check the physical compatibility of the controller with your server before making any purchase.
The HP P420 SAS RAID Controller is designed specifically for use with HP ProLiant servers, it provides a wide range of compatibility with different types of hard drives, host connections and form factors, it's always a good practice to check the compatibility before making any purchase.
General Information about the HP 631670-B21
- Manufacturer Name: HP
- Part Number or SKU# 631670-B21
- Spare Part Number: 633538-001
- Product Type : Controller
- Device Type: Smart Array Storage (RAID) Controller
- Memory Size: 1 GB
- Form Factor: Plug In Card
- Designation: Servers
- Host Interface: PCI Express 3.0 x8
- Data Backup Type: Flash Backed Cache
- Card Height: Low-Profile
- Number of Logical Drive Supported: 64
- Interface: SATA 6Gbps / SAS 6Gbps
- Data Transfer Rate: 6 Gb/sec
- Buffer Size: 1 GB
- Supported Devices: Hard drive, disk array (RAID)
- RAID Level: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, RAID 50
Expansions And Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA 6Gb/s / SAS 6Gb/s - 36 pin 4i Mini MultiLane SAS (SFF-8087) ( internal ) 1 x SATA 6Gb/s / SAS 6Gb/s - 26 pin 4x Shielded Mini MultiLane SAS (SFF-8088) ( external )
- Compatible Slots: 1 x PCI Express 3.0 x8
- Total Number of SAS Ports: 2
- Number of SAS Ports (Internal): 2
- Width: 2.20 inch
- Height: 9.50 inch
- Depth: 7.50 inch
- Compliant Standards: WEEE
Software / System Requirements
- OS Required: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x86 Edition, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x64 Edition, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 x64 Edition, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 x64 Edition, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 x64 Edition
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL160 Gen8, DL160 Gen8 Entry, DL160 Gen8 Performance, DL320e Gen8, DL320e Gen8 Base, DL320e Gen8 Entry, DL320e Gen8 Performance, DL380e Gen8, DL380p Gen8, DL380p Gen8 Base, DL380p Gen8 Entry, DL380p Gen8 High Performance, DL380p Gen8 Special, DL385p Gen8, DL385p Gen8 Dedicated Workload, DL385p Gen8 Entry, DL385p Gen8 Maximized Consolidation, DL385p Gen8 Storage, DL560 Gen8, DL560 Gen8 Base, DL560 Gen8 Entry, DL560 Gen8 Performance
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML310e Gen8, ML310e Gen8 Base, ML310e Gen8 Entry, ML310e Gen8 Performance, ML310e Gen8 v2, ML310e Gen8 v2 Base, ML310e Gen8 v2 Enty, ML310e Gen8 v2 Performance, ML350e Gen8, ML350e Gen8 Base, ML350e Gen8 Entry, ML350e Gen8 Performance, ML350e Gen8 v2, ML350p Gen8
- HPE ProLiant SL Series: SL210t Gen8 1U Node, SL250s Gen8 2U Left Half Width Tray, SL250s Gen8 2U PCIe Gen3 Left Tray, SL250s Gen8 2U Right Half Width Tray, SL250s Gen8 Base 2U Left Half Width Tray, SL250s Gen8 Base 2U Right Half Width Tray, SL270s Gen8 1U Left Half Width Tray, SL270s Gen8 1U Right Half Width Tray, SL270s Gen8 Base 4U Left Half Width Tray, SL270s Gen8 Base 4U Right Half Width Tray, SL270s Gen8 SE 4U Left Tray, SL270s Gen8 SE 4U Right Tray
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 631670-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.