The Server's Legacy
The HPE Proliant BL460c G8 Blade Server with part number 666162-B21 is a legacy server model from Hewlett Packard Enterprise. It was released in 2012 and was based on the Intel Xeon E5-2600 processor family.
At the time of its release, the BL460c G8 was a high-performance server that was designed for use in data centers and other enterprise environments. It was a blade server, which means that it was designed to be installed in a chassis with other blade servers, allowing for high-density computing.
The server was powered by an Intel Xeon E5-2609 processor, which had four cores and a clock speed of 2.4GHz. It also had support for up to 768GB of DDR3 memory, as well as multiple storage options including SAS, SATA, and solid-state drives.
The BL460c G8 was designed to be a versatile server that could handle a wide range of workloads, from virtualization to database applications. It also had features such as redundant power supplies and hot-swappable components, which made it a reliable choice for enterprise environments.
While the BL460c G8 is now considered a legacy server, it may still be in use in some organizations that have not yet upgraded to newer hardware. However, it is important to note that legacy servers may no longer receive security updates or support from the manufacturer, making them potentially vulnerable to security threats.
Maintenance and Support Options
As an AI language model, I do not have access to specific information regarding the maintenance and support options for the 666162-B21 HPE Proliant Bl460c G8 Blade Server.
However, typically, when purchasing a server from a vendor such as HPE, they offer a range of maintenance and support options that can be tailored to meet the needs of the customer. These options may include:
- Standard Warranty: Most servers come with a standard warranty that covers any defects or issues with the hardware for a certain period of time (e.g., one year).
- Service and Support: HPE typically offers a range of service and support options that can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the customer. These options may include remote support, onsite support, and parts replacement.
- Extended Warranty: HPE may also offer extended warranty options that can extend the coverage of the server beyond the standard warranty period.
- Service Contracts: Customers may also opt to purchase a service contract, which typically provides access to technical support and hardware replacement services on an ongoing basis.
Virtualization & Security Features
The HPE Proliant BL460c G8 Blade Server is a high-performance server designed for enterprise-class computing environments. It features one Intel Xeon E5-2609 2.4GHz processor, which has four cores and eight threads. This processor is capable of delivering high levels of performance for demanding workloads, such as virtualization, database management, and web hosting.
In terms of virtualization and security features, the server comes equipped with Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x) and Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d). These features enable the server to run multiple virtual machines simultaneously while providing enhanced security and isolation between them. Additionally, the server has a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) that provides hardware-based security features, including secure boot and data encryption.
- Manufacturer : Hewlett Packard Enterprise(HPE)
- Manufacturer Part Number : 666162-B21
- Type: Server
- Sub-Type: Proliant Bl460C
Processor & Chipset
- Processor Type : Intel Xeon E5-2609 / 2.4 GHz
- Number Of Cores : Quad-Core
- Sockets Supported : Lga2011
- 64-Bit Computing : Yes
- Installed Qty : 1
- Max Supported Qty : 2
- Upgradability : Upgradable
- Chipset Type : Intel C600
- Cache Memory Type : L3 Cache
- Installed Size : 10 Mb
- Cache Per Processor : 10 Mb
- Installed Size : 16 Gb
- Maximum Size : 256 Gb
- Technology : Ddr3 Sdram - Advanced Ecc
- Memory Speed : 1600 Mhz
- Memory Specification Compliance : Pc3-12800
- Form Factor : Dimm 240-Pin
- Features : Registered, Quad Channel Memory Architecture, Hp Smartmemory
- Configuration Features : 4 X 4 Gb
- Ram Supported : Pc3-12800 - 256 Gb - Registered - Advanced Ecc Pc3-10600 - 512 Gb - Advanced Ecc Pc3-10600 - 128 Gb - Unbuffered - Advanced Ecc
Storage & Storage Controller
- Hard Drive : None
- Storage Controller Type : 1 X Serial Attached Scsi 2 Integrated - Pci Express X4
- Controller Interface Type : Serial Attached Scsi 2
- Storage Controller Name : Smart Array P220i With 512mb Fbwc
- Raid Level : Raid 0, Raid 1
- Buffer Size : 512 MB
- Card Reader Type : Card Reader
- Supported Flash Memory Cards : Minisd, Minisdhc
Display & Graphics Controllers
- Graphics Controller Type : Integrated
- Graphics Processor : Matrox G200
Network & Communication
- Networking : Network Adapter - Flexiblelom - Integrated
- Ethernet Ports : 2 X 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Controller(S) : Hp 554flb
- Data Link Protocol : Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp, Ipmi 2.0, Smash Clp
- Remote Management Controller : Integrated Lights-Out 4
- Features : Wake On Lan (Wol)
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1P, IEEE 802.3X, IEEE 802.3AD (LACP), IEEE 802.3AE, IEEE 802.3AP, IEEE 802.1QAU
About Refurbished Products
Server - ProLiant BL460C
With the world's most popular blade server system (The HPE BL460c Gen9) in our catalog, you can successfully scale business execution and securely manage hybrid IT and traditional workloads across an integrated data center environment. You can count on an extensive listing of varying generations of this blade server, including gen7, gen8, gen9, and gen10, here on allhdd.com. Here are the categories of Proliant BL460c options we stock, so follow the links to find the best option for your needs: Xeon 1.7GHz, Xeon 2.1GHz, Xeon 2.4GHz, Xeon 2.20GHz, Xeon 2.6GHz, Xeon 2.50GHz, Xeon 2.53GHz, Xeon 2.66GHz, Xeon 2.93GHz, Xeon 3.0GHz, Xeon 3.06GHz, Xeon 2.7GHz, Xeon 1.90GHz, Xeon 2.0GHz, Xeon 2.30GHz. Browse through our categories to purchase a befitting server blade today.
You are on your way to a new world of modern applications, cutting-edge performance and stability.
HPE ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Server Blade Overview
The HP ProLiant BL460c is the predecessor to the BL660c. With massive improvements in previous generations, it ups the ante with an uptick in performance, flexibility, and security.
Suppose you intend to use the HPE ProLiant bl460c in a large data center that requires a compact system and storage devices in a single and very secure environment. In that case, you can employ the large BladeSystem c7000 10U chassis enclosure from HPE for the BL460c blade server. The c7000 can house sixteen Blades packed vertically, while the c3000 6U chassis can hold a total of eight BL460c Gen 8 Servers assembled horizontally with massive storage of 115.2 TB. It is the perfect solution for a medium-scale data center.
Performance and Features
The ProLiant BL460c Gen 8 weighs 14 lb (approximately 6 kg). It is a half-height Server Blade measuring 17.11 inches tall, 20.37 inches deep, and 2.18 inches wide. The blade has an HP c-Class Blade SUV (USB, Serial, VGA) connector and two SFF hot-swap drive bays at the front. The BL460c Gen 8 supports a wide variety of virtualization software or operating systems. These include Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Microsoft Windows Server, SUSE Linux Enterprise, VMware, Citrix XenServer, and Oracle Solaris.
For versatility, the BL460c gen8 Blade Server supports up to two small-form-factor (SFF) SAS or SATA drives. These could be solid-state drives (SSD) or hard disk drives (HDD) with a limit of RAID configuration to two different RAID 0 volumes. However, combining other drive types is not supported. Up to 4TB of HDDs is supported, while the SSDs can support up to 3.2TB.
Kindly view our broad category for a down-to-earth, affordable, free ground shipping and cutting-edge service on allhdd.com.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.