Improved Storage Capacity and Performance
The HP 668295-B21 is a hot-plug hard drive cage kit for small form factor (SFF) servers. The kit provides improved storage capacity and performance by allowing you to add additional hard drives to your server.
The hot-plug feature allows you to replace or add hard drives without having to power down the server, providing improved uptime and reducing downtime. This feature is especially useful in data centers where minimizing downtime is critical.
The SFF form factor allows for increased storage density, allowing you to add more hard drives in a smaller space. This can result in improved performance as more hard drives can be used in parallel to increase the available bandwidth.
The improved storage capacity of the 668295-B21 kit is achieved by adding additional hard drives to your server, giving you more space to store your data. This can help you manage the growing demand for storage in your data center, or simply provide you with more space for your personal files and documents.
Quick and Easy Installation Process
- Prepare the hardware: Before you start installing the 668295-B21 HP SFF Hot Plug Hard Drive Cage Kit, gather the necessary tools and hardware. You will need a Phillips screwdriver, a flat-head screwdriver, and the hardware kit included with the drive cage.
- Open the computer case: Before you start the installation process, remove the side panel of your computer case to access the internal components.
- Remove the existing drive bay: Remove the screws that secure the existing drive bay in place and carefully remove it from the computer case.
- Install the drive cage: Line up the screw holes on the drive cage with the screw holes in the computer case and securely attach it using the screws provided in the hardware kit.
- Connect the drive cage to the motherboard: Connect the drive cage to the motherboard using the provided cable. This cable will transfer data between the hard drives and the motherboard.
- Install hard drives: Slide the hard drives into the drive cage and secure them with the locking mechanism. Connect the power and data cables to the hard drives.
- Replace the computer case panel: Replace the side panel of your computer case and secure it with screws.
- Boot up the computer: Once the installation process is complete, boot up your computer and check if the hard drives are recognized by the operating system.
Features and Benefits
The HP SFF Hot Plug Hard Drive Cage Kit (668295-B21) is a storage drive cage designed for use in HP Small Form Factor (SFF) computers. Here are some of the features and benefits of this product:
- Compatible with HP Small Form Factor (SFF) computers
- Supports hot-swappable hard drives
- Provides secure and organized storage for up to four 3.5-inch hard drives
- Easy installation
- Made of durable materials to ensure long-lasting performance
- Maximizes storage capacity: With support for up to four 3.5-inch hard drives, the HP SFF Hot Plug Hard Drive Cage Kit provides ample storage space for your data and files.
- Enhances data accessibility and protection: The hot-swappable design of the hard drives allows you to easily replace a failed drive without disrupting system operations, which helps to minimize downtime and protect your data.
- Improves system organization: The secure and organized storage provided by the drive cage helps to reduce clutter and improve airflow in your computer, which can enhance system performance and longevity.
- Easy installation: The HP SFF Hot Plug Hard Drive Cage Kit is easy to install and does not require special tools or technical expertise. This makes it a great option for anyone looking to expand their storage capacity.
- Durable and reliable: Made from high-quality materials, the HP SFF Hot Plug Hard Drive Cage Kit is designed to provide long-lasting performance and reliability.
- MPN : 668295-B21
- Brand Name: Hp
- Product Name: Dl380e Gen8 8 Small Form Factor (Sff) Hard Drive Cage Kit
- Product Type: Drive Bay Adapter
- Number Of Total Expansion Bays: 8
- Number Of 5.25 Bays: No
- Number Of 3.5 Bays: No
- Number Of 2.5 Bays: 8
- Number Of 2.5/3.5 Bays: No
- Number Of 1.8 Bays: No
- Height: 8.0
- Width: 4.0
- Depth: 10.5
- Hp Proliant Dl380e Gen8, Dl380e Gen8 Base, Dl380e Gen8 Entry, Dl380e Gen8 High Performance, Dl380e Gen8 Storage
About New Bulk Pack Products
Hard Drive Cage
A server rack is a specialized rig to hold the networking equipment and server rig efficiently. But many of you might get confused between the server racks and enclosures while buying one for home use or server rooms. Here is a quick insight into the basic purpose of both for better understanding.
If you're looking for a rack to hold the server cables and peripheral rig, the server racks can be utilized for this purpose. These server racks will perform best in the large industrial space where employees don't see the naked wiring.
On the contrary, we have the server enclosure, which serves as a replacement for server racks with a better concealing and neater look. Moreover, a noteworthy feature that makes them a much-preferred option among tech-savvies is the increased safety and security. Not only this but plenty of other reasons would urge you to buy a hard drive cage.
Apart from the technical benefits, the server enclosure HDD cage aces in increasing the aesthetics, setting up the HDDs, and the overall performance.
Increased Performance and Activity:
The proper airflow needs the server rig, especially the hard drive, to perform better. But what if the hard drives are stacked on each other and placed irregularly! This way, the temperature will rise continuously, and eventually, the HDDs will not be able to function correctly.
Even keeping the hard drives on the tabletop can cause overheating. Thus, the server enclosures, mainly the storage drive cage will help you maximize the airflow. In this regard, we have 2 Bay, 2U, Fibre Channel, Proliant, Rack Mount, SAS, and SAS-SATA based cages to complete your rig!
Security measures need to be fulfilled on a priority basis! Thus, a hard drive cage enables the tech-savvies to save the HDDs from unwanted access! Having the naked HDDs in front of you while keeping them without a cage is similar to locks on the door with open windows.
Thus, most of the cages are built with locks and security to keep them safe from unwanted persons and avoid a security breach.
The HDDs might get corrupted due to plenty of reasons! But imagine going into a room with hard drives stacked on each other and all messed up with cables around. Don't worry, as you're equipped with the server enclosure - storage drive cage, making it easier for the professionals to run the security and maintenance check. Thus, the service and maintenance bill which are being charged per hour will be much lesser. Therefore, we have got you covered with a range of HDD cage products, including Storage Bay Adapter, SCSI, Thinkpad, 25Bay, and 8 Bay.
Why Buy From ALLHDD?
ALLHDD is a leading name in the networking equipment and peripherals, which need every tech-savvy! Thus, dealing with the hard drive cages, ALLHDD brought you the range of products in this server enclosure category to help you choose better.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 668295-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Enclosure - Storage Cage
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.