Using Management and Automation Tools
Using management and automation tools can help to ensure that the 684956-001 HP CPU System Board PCI Riser Card for Proliant Dl360e Server and any connected expansion cards are working optimally. These tools can provide detailed information about the server and its components, allow for remote management and configuration, and provide monitoring and alerting capabilities. Some examples of management and automation tools that may be used with the 684956-001 riser card include:
- HPE iLO: HPE's Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) is a management controller that can be used to remotely manage and monitor the server. It provides access to system information, allows for remote power control, and provides virtual media and virtual KVM capabilities.
- HPE OneView: HPE OneView is a software-defined infrastructure management platform that can be used to manage and automate the entire lifecycle of the Proliant DL360e server and connected devices.
- HPE Systems Management Homepage: HPE Systems Management Homepage is a web-based interface that provides an overview of the server's health, allows for remote management, and provides access to logs and system event information.
- HPE Scripting Toolkit: HPE Scripting Toolkit is a set of command line tools that can be used to automate and manage the server. It can be used to perform tasks such as firmware updates, system configuration, and power control.
- HPE Smart Update Manager: HPE Smart Update Manager is a tool that can be used to automate firmware and software updates for the server and connected devices.
It is important to check the manufacturer's website for information on how to use these tools, and to follow the instructions for installation.
Connecting High-Bandwidth Devices
Connecting high-bandwidth devices to the 684956-001 HP CPU System Board PCI Riser Card for Proliant DL360e Server can provide many benefits to the server's performance and functionality. High-bandwidth devices can include network adapters, host bus adapters (HBAs), and other expansion cards that require a high data transfer rate.
- Network Adapters: Network adapters, such as 10 GbE or 40 GbE, can be connected to the riser card to provide high-speed connectivity to the network. This can be particularly useful for servers that are used for data-intensive applications.
- HBAs: Host bus adapters can be used to connect the server to external storage systems, such as a storage area network (SAN) or network-attached storage (NAS). This can provide faster access to data and can help to improve the performance of data-intensive applications.
- NVMe SSDs: NVMe Solid State Drives can be connected to the riser card via NVMe HBAs or NVMe to PCIe adapter to boost the storage performance.
- GPUs: Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) can be connected to the riser card via PCIe slots to accelerate various workloads, such as machine learning, deep learning, and scientific computing.
It is important to ensure that the high-bandwidth devices are compatible with the riser card and that the riser card has enough available slots to accommodate them. It's also important to ensure that the server's power supply is adequate to handle the additional power requirements of the high-bandwidth devices.
Monitoring System Performance
Monitoring system performance is an important aspect of maintaining and troubleshooting the 684956-001 HP CPU System Board PCI Riser Card for Proliant DL360e Server. There are a variety of tools and techniques that can be used to monitor the performance of the server and its components.
- HPE System Management Homepage: HPE System Management Homepage is a web-based interface that provides an overview of the server's health and allows for the monitoring of system events, logs and performance.
- HPE Insight Diagnostics: HPE Insight Diagnostics is a tool that can be used to perform hardware diagnostic tests on the server and its components. It can be used to check for hardware errors and to identify potential issues before they become critical.
- HPE Integrated Management Log: The HPE Integrated Management Log (IML) is a log that records all system events, including critical errors, and can be used to troubleshoot problems with the server.
- Performance monitoring software: There are various third-party performance monitoring software available that can be used to monitor various aspects of the server, such as CPU usage, memory usage, and disk activity.
- OS performance monitoring tools: Operating System provides built-in tools to monitor the performance of the system, such as Task Manager, System Monitor, and Resource Monitor.
- SNMP: Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) can be used to monitor the server's performance and status remotely.
It is important to regularly check the logs, performance metrics and system events to identify potential issues and to take action when necessary. It is also important to make sure that the server's firmware and software are up to date, as this can help to improve performance and stability.
- Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard
- MPN: 684956-001
- Type: Motherboard
- Motherboard Type: Server Board
- Product Name: ProLiant
- Dimensions: 24 X 20 X 6 Inches
- HP System Board For Proliant Dl360e Server.
About Refurbished Products
The server motherboard coordinates and houses the vital components of the server from the CPU (Central Processing Unit) to the chipset, the PCIe slots, and all the RDIMM sockets. It can also be called a multiprocessor or systems board. A server motherboard hosts communications between the Server CPU and other systems connected to the server via a network which could be a server database, applications server, or web server. The server motherboard unlike a desktop motherboard typically has more than one microprocessor due to the workload as a lot of processes are always running in the background. Hence, it has more cores and threads for efficient data processing.
Server Board Components
- CPU support: these days, the memory controller is built directly into the CPU, therefore allowing it to support different memory speeds. That is why CPU count and the CPU type become important. For instance, Intel's Motherboard is only compatible with Intel processors. Hence, an LGA 771 CPU must be installed on an LGA 771 motherboard.
- Processor slots: Some motherboards can have two or more processors. Subject to server and processor type, the installation of the processor could be in a ZIF socket, a single-processor cartridge, or a patented multiprocessor cartridge. These days, server processors are socketed. Server boards based on ATX, BTX, and other form factors can also support up to 4 processors as the motherboard to be used in a server is influenced by the number of processors.
- Chipset: Although your motherboard may have a similar form factor with another server board, the components for compatibility depend on the chipset of the motherboard itself. It is made up of the north and south bridges. The northbridge is the chip controlling the channel of communication between the CPU, Memory, PCIe, and the southbridge. While the southbridge connects the input and output devices like the USBs, SATA, Bus, and others. It also regulates power management. Some server boards also have other chips for more functions like network control, PCI-X control, etc. The server motherboard's chipset supports memory ECC (error-correcting code) and Registered SDRAM and DDR RAM. It also supports PCI-X expansion slots
- iv.DIMM (RAM) sockets
Also, we have components for:
- Blade server: this is a server used as a channel between programs, and systems amongst others. We have the most compatible versions of the server board for this machine, so check our catalog.
- BladeCenter: we also offer server boards for BladeCenter servers. Such as 68Y8163 IBM - System Board.
- LGA 1150: we also offer server boards with the Socket H3, a product for Intel's central processing units (CPUs).
- LGA 1366: the socket B whose number of pins is indicated by 1366, this is a motherboard produced by Intel. If you need a server board that's compatible with this socket check out X8DTU-F Supermicro Dual LGA1366 Server Board.
- LGA 2011: better known as socket R and produced by intel as a replacement for Socket B. it has its memory controller and PCIe integrated into the CPU. For server boards compatible with this socket, check out our stock.
Check our server motherboards categories and other server products now, or contact our customer support if you need assistance.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.