Introduction to 3TB HDD
A 3TB HDD, or hard disk drive, is a type of data storage device that can hold up to 3 terabytes (3,000 gigabytes) of data. It uses spinning disks coated with a magnetic material to store and retrieve digital information. The 695502-003 HPE 3TB 7.2K RPM SATA 3GBPS Midline Hot-Swap 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Disk Drive is a specific model of 3TB HDD manufactured by Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE).
The "7.2K RPM" in the name of the HDD refers to its rotational speed, which is measured in revolutions per minute (RPM). This HDD spins at 7,200 RPM, which is a relatively fast speed for a SATA (Serial ATA) interface drive. The "SATA 3GBPS" in the name refers to the interface that the HDD uses to connect to a computer or other device. SATA 3Gbps is a standard interface speed for older generations of hard drives and is capable of transferring data at a maximum speed of 3 gigabits per second.
The "Midline" in the name of the HDD refers to the intended use of the drive. Midline drives are designed for applications that require reliable and cost-effective storage for less frequently accessed data, such as backup, archiving, and cloud storage. They are typically more affordable than enterprise-grade HDDs but offer higher reliability and performance than consumer-grade drives.
The "Hot-Swap" feature of the HDD means that it can be replaced or removed from the server while the system is still running. This is a useful feature for businesses or organizations that require continuous operation of their IT systems.
Reliability and Durability
The HPE 3TB 7.2K RPM SATA 3GBPS Midline Hot-Swap 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Disk Drive is designed to provide high reliability and durability for enterprise-level applications. Here are some key factors that contribute to its reliability and durability:
- High-quality components: The HPE 3TB hard drive is built with high-quality components that are rigorously tested and validated to ensure their reliability and durability. This includes the use of high-performance platters, advanced firmware, and sophisticated read/write heads.
- Robust design: The drive features a robust design that can withstand tough operating conditions, such as high temperatures, humidity, and vibration. It also includes features like shock sensors and dynamic fly-height technology that help protect the drive from physical damage.
- Advanced error-correction technology: The HPE 3TB hard drive uses advanced error-correction technology to help prevent data loss due to errors or bad sectors. This includes techniques like ECC (error-correcting code) and CRC (cyclic redundancy check) that help ensure the integrity of your data.
- Hot-swappable design: The drive is designed to be hot-swappable, meaning that it can be removed and replaced while the system is still running. This makes it easy to replace a faulty drive without having to shut down the system or disrupt operations.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Regularly update the firmware of the hard drive to ensure optimal performance and compatibility with the system.
- Keep the hard drive clean and free of dust and debris, which can cause overheating and other issues.
- Monitor the health of the hard drive using software utilities to detect any potential failures or errors.
- Ensure proper ventilation and cooling to prevent overheating, which can damage the hard drive.
- If the hard drive is not detected by the system, ensure that the SATA cable and power cable are properly connected.
- If the hard drive is making unusual noises, it may indicate a mechanical issue. In this case, backup important data and contact technical support for assistance.
- If the hard drive is experiencing slow performance, check for any software issues or malware that may be affecting performance.
- If the hard drive is showing errors or failing, backup important data immediately and replace the hard drive as soon as possible.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- MPN: 695502-003
- Type : Hard Disk Drive (HDD)
- HDD Type : SATA 3GBPS
- SKU: 695502-003
- Capacity: 3 TB
- Option Part Number: 628059-B21
- Spare Part Number: 628180-001
- Model Number: MB3000ECWCT
- Drive Transfer Rate: 300 MBPS (External)
- Spindle Speed: 7200 RPM
- Bytes per Sector: 512
- Seek Time: 8.5 ms (average) / 16.9 Ms (Max)
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA 3 GB/S
- Compatible Bays: 3.5Inch LFF
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 4 Inch
- Depth : 5.8 Inch
- Height : 1 Inch
- Weight : 1.52 LBS
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL1000 DL120 (Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) DL140 (Gen3) DL145 (Gen3) DL160 (Gen5 Gen5p Gen6 Gen7) DL160se (Gen6 Gen7) DL165 (Gen5 Gen5p Gen6 Gen7) DL170e (Gen6) DL170h (Gen6) DL2x170h (Gen6) DL4x170h (Gen6) DL180 (Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) DL185 (Gen5) DL320 (Gen3 Gen4 Gen5 Gen5p Gen6 Gen7) DL320s DL370 (Gen6 Gen7) DL380 (Gen4 Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) DL385 (Gen5 Gen5p Gen6 Gen7) DL580 (Gen4 Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) DL585 (Gen2 Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) DL785 (Gen5 Gen6)
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 (Gen7) ML150 (Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) ML310 (Gen5p) ML330 (Gen6) ML350 (Gen5 Gen6 Gen7) ML370 (Gen5 Gen6 Gen7)
- HPE Storage Systems: D2600 MDS600 MSA60 P4300 P4500 P4000 (Gen2) 60 Modular Array StoreAll 9730
- HPE StoreEasy: 1430 1440 1530 1540 1630 1640 1830 1840 5530 X1400 X1500 X1600 X1800 X3400 X3800
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 695502-003 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.