Overview of 718326-B21 HP Midline Hard Drive
The 718326-B21 is a Midline hard drive manufactured by HP (Hewlett-Packard) that is designed for use in servers and storage systems. It is a 3.5-inch form factor drive with a capacity of 4 terabytes (TB) and operates at a speed of 7,200 rotations per minute (RPM). The interface used is the SATA 3G (SATA II) interface, which provides a maximum data transfer rate of 3 Gigabits per second (Gbps).
The Midline designation indicates that the 718326-B21 is a mid-level hard drive, providing a balance between performance and cost-effectiveness. It is intended for applications that require a large amount of storage but do not necessarily require the high performance of enterprise-class drives.
The 718326-B21 hard drive comes with a tray, which makes it easy to install in compatible HP servers and storage systems. It is also designed to be hot-swappable, which means that it can be replaced while the system is still running, without the need for a system shutdown.
Here are the technical specifications for the 718326-B21 HP Midline Hard Drive:
- Capacity: The hard drive has a storage capacity of 4 terabytes (TB), which allows for the storage of large amounts of data.
- Form Factor: The hard drive has a 3.5-inch form factor, which is a common size for hard drives used in servers and storage systems.
- Interface: The hard drive uses the SATA 3G (SATA II) interface, which provides a maximum data transfer rate of 3 Gigabits per second (Gbps).
- Spindle Speed: The hard drive has a spindle speed of 7,200 rotations per minute (RPM), which is a relatively fast speed for a mid-level hard drive.
- Buffer Size: The hard drive has a buffer size of 32 megabytes (MB), which helps to improve data transfer rates and overall performance.
- Drive Transfer Rate: The maximum sustained data transfer rate of the hard drive is 150 megabytes per second (MB/s).
- Seek Time: The average seek time for the hard drive is 8.5 milliseconds (ms) for reads and 9.5 ms for writes, which means that the hard drive can quickly access and retrieve data.
- Compatibility: The hard drive is designed for use in HP servers and storage systems that support SATA hard drives.
- Reliability: The hard drive has a mean time between failures (MTBF) rating of 1.2 million hours, which indicates a high level of reliability.
Comparison with Other HP Hard Drives
When comparing the 718326-B21 HP Midline Hard Drive with other HP hard drives, it's important to consider the specific needs of your application. Here are some key differences between the 718326-B21 and other popular HP hard drives:
- HP Enterprise Hard Drives: Enterprise hard drives are designed for high-performance applications that require maximum speed and reliability. They typically have higher spindle speeds (e.g. 10K or 15K RPM) and are available in SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface. In comparison, the 718326-B21 Midline Hard Drive has a lower spindle speed of 7.2K RPM and uses the SATA interface. However, Midline drives provide more storage capacity per dollar spent.
- HP ProLiant Hard Drives: ProLiant hard drives are designed specifically for use in HP ProLiant servers. They are available in a variety of capacities and spindle speeds, but generally offer a lower cost-per-gigabyte than Enterprise hard drives. The 718326-B21 Midline Hard Drive offers more capacity than most ProLiant hard drives and is generally less expensive than comparable Enterprise drives.
- HP Solid State Drives (SSDs): Solid state drives are a newer type of storage technology that use flash memory instead of spinning disks. They offer faster read and write speeds than traditional hard drives, but typically have lower storage capacities and higher costs. HP offers a range of SSDs with varying capacities and performance characteristics, including drives optimized for read-intensive or write-intensive workloads. The 718326-B21 Midline Hard Drive is not an SSD, but it provides a much higher storage capacity at a lower cost per gigabyte.
In summary, the 718326-B21 Midline Hard Drive is a cost-effective option for applications that require a large amount of storage and moderate performance. For applications that require higher performance, an Enterprise hard drive or SSD may be a better choice. For HP ProLiant server deployments, the 718326-B21 Midline Hard Drive can provide more storage capacity at a lower cost compared to ProLiant-specific drives.
- Brand Name : HP
- Manufacturer Part Number : 718326-B21
- Manufacturer Website Address : Http://www.hp.com
- Sub-Type : 4TB-7.2K RPM
- Type : Hard Drive
TECHNICAL INFORMATION :
- Storage Capacity : 4 TB
- Maximum External Data Transfer Rate : 384 MBPS (3 GBPS)
- Rotational Speed : 7200 RPM
- Drive Interface : SATA/300
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS :
- Drive Type : Internal
- Drive Width : 3.5
Serial advanced technology attachment denoted as SATA or Serial ATA, or S-ATA is a computer bus interface mostly connecting host bus adapters to mass storage devices including hard drives. It is the most commonly used technology to connect hard drives to a PC's motherboard.
There have been multiple versions of the SATA interface developed to meet the need for increased storage capacity and bandwidth. The SATA technology was first introduced in 2000 to replace ATA and PATA to provide faster data transfer rates and hot-swapping. Advanced host controller interface (AHCI) is the standard interface for SATA which supports hot swapping and native command queuing (NCQ). Hot swapping refers to the ability to replace components of a computer system without having to shut down the entire system. NCQ allows improved performance through the ability to augment the orders of implementation of reading/writing commands. That means commands will be rescheduled and permits the host to send more commands to the hard drive as it searches data for another command. The 6Gbps data transfer throughout makes it superior to previous technologies such as ATA and PATA. SATA is able to run in IDE emulation mode, but it will not support advanced features.
We have helped all our clients across the board to understand how the technology works with HDDs, SSDs, and modules by knowing the specifications of the different SATA versions. A good grasp of these versions of SATA helps in the identification of the right storage capacity options for your application.
SATA II HDD generation or SATA 2.0 of the SATA technology is part of a series of revisions that happened in 2003, 2004, and 2008 that culminated in SATA III or SATA 3.0. With every revision, there was an increase in speed and additional features that support speed and allow for reliable storage drives. However, the physical appearance of the SATA connector was not altered. SATA III is the most commonly used SATA interface and has been through five revisions from 3.1 to 3.5.
SATA II hard disk was previously referred to as SATA 3Gbps which reflected its speeds. This second generation of the SATA technology has a SATA interface with 3Gbps transfer speed and a bandwidth throughput of 300MB/s. The following are SATA II drives you can choose from depending on specific need: 1.5TB-5.4K RPM, 1.5TB-5.9K RPM, 1.5TB-7200 RPM, 160GB-5.4K RPM, 160GB-7.2K RPM, 1TB-5.9K RPM, 1TB-7.2K RPM, 200GB-7.2K RPM, 250GB-5.4K RPM, 250GB-5.9K RPM, 250GB-7.2K RPM, 2TB-5.4K RPM, 2TB-5.9K RPM, 2TB-7200 RPM, 300GB-10K RPM, 300GB-7.2K RPM, 320GB-5.4K RPM, 320GB-7.2K RPM, 3TB-7.2K RPM, 400GB-7.2K RPM and 360GB-7200 RPM.
Notable features of SATA II include:
- Hot plugging – refers to the ability to change a drive as the computer runs.
- Staggered Spin Up – refers to the ability to start disk drives in sequence to ensure even power load at the starting of the system.
- Native command queuing – SATA 2.0 drives have an in-built algorithm that chooses the most efficient order to execute commands to improve performance and efficiency. The feature helps to reduce mechanical overhead and improve performance.
- Port multipliers – these help to connect as many as 15 drives to a SATA controller. This feature facilitates the easier building of disk enclosures using SATA drives.
- Port selectors – the feature allows the connection of two hosts to one drive. It helps create redundancy to the drive connection which is very critical in enterprise environments. That means if one of the hosts experiences failure, the second host will take over thereby ensuring continued access to storage.
All SATA generations are compatible both forward and backward. It, therefore, means that SATA II hard disk is backward compatible to function with SATA I ports. Likewise, SATA III is compatible backward to function with SATA I and SATA II ports. In backward compatibility, the maximum speed of the drive will slow down in line with the speed limitations of the port it is connected to. The same is true for lower SATA generations being compatible with higher SATA generations but are limited to their inbuilt speeds.
For users seeking greater speeds than the SATA III limits at 1.5Gbps, 3Gbps, and 6Gbps, there are M.2 and NVMe drives that offer greater performance. These drives have no limitations and will perform more efficiently and are chosen by users focused on speed and performance above everything else.
We have different motherboards with SATA connections and more particularly with SATA II connections and will come with a few SATA cables for the connections that you will use to build a new rig or do upgrades on a rig. Choose from the wide range of SATA cables dependent on what you need and especially when upgrading an older hard drive or other components on your computer. To ensure that you achieve enhanced speeds and performance, you need to buy SATA cables and adapters for compatibility. It may help to depend on profile and budget to get the latest SATA III standard.
You can fully trust our team to walk you through the options available with SATA II technology and help you choose the best storage for your applications.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.