Product Overview of Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
The AJ762B HP Storageworks 81E 8GB Single Port PCI-E Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter (HBA) is a high-speed connectivity solution for storage area networks (SANs). In this article, we will provide an in-depth overview of this HBA, including its features, benefits, and specifications.
Host Bus Adapter (HBA)
A Host Bus Adapter (HBA) is a device that connects a computer system to a Storage Area Network (SAN) to enable data transfer between the computer system and the SAN. It acts as a bridge between the computer and the storage network, providing a high-speed interface for data transfer. The AJ762B HP Storageworks 81E 8GB Single Port PCI-E Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter is one such HBA.
The AJ762B HP Storageworks 81E HBA has several features that make it an ideal solution for SAN connectivity. Some of the key features of this HBA are:
- High-speed connectivity: The HBA provides 8Gb/s Fibre Channel connectivity, which ensures high-speed data transfer between the computer system and the SAN.
- Single port design: The HBA has a single port design, which means that it can connect only one device to the SAN at a time. This design is ideal for small to medium-sized businesses that do not require multiple device connections.
- PCI Express (PCIe) interface: The HBA connects to the computer system using a PCIe interface, which provides high-speed data transfer between the computer system and the HBA.
- Simple installation: The HBA is easy to install and can be set up in minutes.
- Compatibility: The HBA is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware.
The AJ762B HP Storageworks 81E HBA offers several benefits to users. Some of the key benefits of this HBA are:
- High-speed data transfer: The HBA provides 8Gb/s Fibre Channel connectivity, which ensures high-speed data transfer between the computer system and the SAN. This high-speed connectivity is essential for businesses that require quick access to large amounts of data.
- Single port design: The HBA has a single port design, which makes it an affordable solution for small to medium-sized businesses that do not require multiple device connections.
- Easy installation: The HBA is easy to install and can be set up in minutes. This makes it an ideal solution for businesses that do not have a dedicated IT team.
- Compatibility: The HBA is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, which makes it a versatile solution for businesses that use different types of computer systems.
- Improved performance: The HBA provides improved performance compared to traditional storage solutions, which can result in faster data transfer and improved productivity.
The AJ762B HP Storageworks 81E HBA has several specifications that make it a powerful solution for SAN connectivity. Some of the key specifications of this HBA are:
- Connectivity: 8Gb/s Fibre Channel
- Ports: 1 x LC
- Interface: PCI Express (PCIe)
- Data Transfer Rate: Up to 8 Gb/s
- OS Support: Windows, Linux, VMware
- Dimensions: 6.6 x 2.5 x 0.7 inches
- Weight: 0
General Information about the HP AJ762B
- Manufacturer Name: HP
- Part Number or SKU#: AJ762B
- Type: Controller
- Controller Type: Host Bus Adapter
- Device Type: Host Bus Adapter
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card - Low Profile
- Interface (Bus) Type: PCI Express 2.0 x4 / PCI Express x8
- Ports: 8GB Fibre Channel
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Cabling Type: Fiber optic
- Data Link Protocol: 8GB Fibre Channel (SW)
- Data Transfer Rate: 8.5 GBPS
Dimensions & Weight
- Depth: 6.6 in
- Height: 2.7 in
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 131 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 5 - 95% (non-condensing)
- HPE Modular Smart Array 1040 Dual Controller SFF Bundle, 2040 SAS Dual Controller LFF Storage, P2000 G3 10GbE iSCSI Dual Controller SFF Array System, P2000 G3 iSCSI Dual Controller SFF Bundle
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL160 G6, DL160 Gen8, DL160 Gen8 Entry, DL160 Gen8 Performance, DL165 G7, DL165 G7 Base, DL165 G7 Entry, DL165 G7 Performance, DL180 G6, DL360 G7, DL360 G7 Base, DL360 G7 Central Management Server, DL360 G7 Efficiency, DL360 G7 Entry, DL360 G7 Performance, DL360e Gen8, DL360e Gen8 Entry, DL360e Gen8 Performance, DL370 G6, DL370 G6 Base, DL370 G6 High Performance, DL370 G6 Performance, DL380 G7, DL380 G7 Base, DL380 G7 Efficiency, DL380 G7 Entry, DL380 G7 Performance, DL380p Gen8, DL380p Gen8 Base, DL380p Gen8 Entry, DL380p Gen8 High Performance, DL380p Gen8 Special, DL385 G7, DL385 G7 Base, DL385 G7 Entry, DL385 G7 HE, DL385 G7 Performance, DL385p Gen8, DL385p Gen8 Dedicated Workload, DL385p Gen8 Entry, DL385p Gen8 Maximized Consolidation, DL385p Gen8 Storage
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML350 G6, ML350 G6 Base, ML350 G6 Entry, ML350 G6 Performance, ML370 G6, ML370 G6 Base, ML370 G6 Entry, SL210t Gen8 1U
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AJ762B at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.