Product Overview of Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E 8GB Dual-Port PCI-E X8 Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter is a high-performance adapter used for connecting servers to storage area networks (SANs) over Fibre Channel (FC) technology. This article aims to explain in detail what the AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E is, what features it offers, and why it is an essential component in modern data center infrastructures.
What is a Host Bus Adapter (HBA)? A Host Bus Adapter (HBA) is a hardware device that enables communication between a server or workstation and a SAN. It acts as an interface between the server's operating system and the SAN, allowing data to be transferred between the two. An HBA connects to the server via a PCI Express (PCI-E) slot and to the SAN via a Fibre Channel (FC) port. The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E is a type of HBA designed for high-performance data centers.
The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E offers a range of features that make it a valuable addition to any modern data center. These features include:
- Dual-Port Connectivity: The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E has dual-port connectivity, meaning that it can connect to two different SAN fabrics simultaneously. This provides redundancy in case of a failure in one of the SAN fabrics and improves overall system reliability.
- High-Speed Connectivity: The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E offers 8 Gb/s FC connectivity, which is significantly faster than previous generations of FC technology. This high-speed connectivity ensures that data can be transferred quickly and efficiently between the server and the SAN.
- PCI-E X8 Interface: The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E connects to the server via a PCI-E X8 interface. This interface provides a high-bandwidth connection between the HBA and the server, ensuring that data can be transferred quickly and efficiently.
- Standard Bracket: The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E comes with a standard bracket, which makes it easy to install in most server chassis. This bracket is compatible with most standard server configurations, which reduces installation time and ensures compatibility.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E is compatible with a range of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware. This cross-platform compatibility ensures that the HBA can be used in a range of different server environments, making it a versatile addition to any data center.
The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E offers a range of benefits that make it an essential component in modern data center infrastructures. These benefits include:
- High Performance: The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E offers high-speed connectivity and dual-port connectivity, which ensures that data can be transferred quickly and efficiently. This high performance improves overall system efficiency and reduces latency, which is critical in high-performance computing environments.
- Reliability: The dual-port connectivity of the AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E provides redundancy in case of a failure in one of the SAN fabrics. This improves overall system reliability and ensures that critical data is always available.
General Information about the HP AJ763A
- Manufacturer Name: HP
- Part Number or SKU# AJ763A
- Type: Controller
- Controller Type: Host Bus Adapter
- Spare Part Number: 697890-001
- Spare Part Number: 489193-001
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card
- Interface (Bus) Type: PCI Express x8
- PCI Specification Revision: PCIe 2.0
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: 8GB Fibre Channel (Short Wave)
- Data Transfer Rate: 8.5 GBPS
- Fibre Channel: FC-SP
- Ports: 8Gb Fibre Channel x 2
- Included Accessories: Low-profile bracket, 8 Gb SFP
- x86 / AMD64 / EM64T, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1
- Humidity Range Operating: 5 - 95%
- Max Operating Temperature: 131 °F
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
Dimensions & Weight
- Depth: 6.6 inch
- Height: 2.7 inch
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 G7, DL120 G7 Base, DL120 G7 Entry, DL120 G7 Performance, DL160 G5p Special Server, DL160 G6 Special Server, DL160se G6, DL165 G6, DL165 G7, DL165 G7 Base, DL165 G7 Performance, DL165 G7 Special Server, DL170h G6, DL180 G6 Special Server, DL2x170h G6, DL320 G6, DL320 G6 Entry, DL320 G6 High Efficiency, DL320 G6 Performance, DL360 G6 Base, DL360 G6 Efficiency, DL360 G6 Entry, DL360 G6 Performance, DL360 G7, DL360 G7 Base, DL360 G7 Central Management Server, DL360 G7 Efficiency, DL360 G7 Entry, DL360 G7 Performance, DL360 G7 Special Server, DL360p Gen8, DL360p Gen8 Base, DL360p Gen8 CMS, DL360p Gen8 Entry, DL360p Gen8 High Performance, DL370 G6 Base, DL370 G6 High Performance, DL370 G6 Performance, DL380 G6, DL380 G6 Entry, DL380 G6 High Efficiency, DL380 G7, DL380 G7 Base, DL380 G7 Efficiency, DL380 G7 Entry, DL380 G7 Performance, DL380 G7 Special Server, DL385 G6, DL385 G6 Base, DL385 G6 Entry, DL385 G6 High Performance, DL385 G7, DL385 G7 Base, DL385 G7 Entry, DL385 G7 HE, DL385 G7 Performance, DL4x170h G6, DL580 G5 Highly Serviceable Tower, DL580 G7, DL580 G7 Base, DL580 G7 High Performance, DL585 G6, DL585 G6 Base, DL585 G6 Performance, DL585 G7, DL585 G7 Base, DL585 G7 Performance, DL785 G6, DL785 G6 Base, DL785 G6 Performance, DL980 G7
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML330 G6, ML330 G6 Base, ML330 G6 Entry, ML350 G6 Entry, ML350 G6 Performance, ML350 G6 Special Server, ML370 G6 Base, ML370 G6 Entry
- HPE ProLiant SL Series: SL160s G6, SL160z G6, SL170z G6, SL2x170z G6, SL390s G7
- HPE StorageWorks 8/8 (8) Full Fabric Ports Enabled SAN Switch, 8/8 Base (0) e-port SAN Switch, MSL2024 Ultrium 3000, MSL2024 Ultrium 3280, MSL4048 Ultrium 3000, MSL4048 Ultrium 3280, MSL8096 Ultrium 3280, SN6000C 16-ports Active Fabric Switch, SN6000C 32-ports Active Fabric Switch
- HPE StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 3000
- HPE StorageWorks Modular Smart Array P2000 G3 FC Dual Controller LFF Array
- HPE StorageWorks Network Storage Gateway X3400 G2, X3800 G2
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AJ763A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.