Product Overview of Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E is a Dual-Port PCI-E X8 Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter with a standard bracket. It is designed to connect storage devices, such as hard drives and tape drives, to servers, workstations, and other computing devices. The 82E host bus adapter is manufactured by HP, a global technology company that specializes in creating hardware and software solutions for businesses and individuals.
Fibre Channel Technology
Fibre Channel is a high-speed networking technology that is used to connect storage devices to computing systems. Fibre Channel uses optical fiber cables to transmit data between the host bus adapter and the storage devices. This technology is widely used in data centers and enterprise-level storage systems because of its high bandwidth, low latency, and reliability.
PCI Express is a computer bus technology that is used to connect peripheral devices to the motherboard of a computer. The PCI Express interface provides high-speed data transfer rates and low latency, making it ideal for connecting high-performance devices such as graphics cards, storage devices, and network adapters.
The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E Host Bus Adapter features a dual-port design, which means it has two Fibre Channel ports that can be used to connect to storage devices. The dual-port design provides redundancy and load balancing, which can improve the performance and reliability of the storage system.
The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E Host Bus Adapter comes with a standard bracket that is designed to fit into a standard PCI-E X8 slot. The standard bracket is used to secure the host bus adapter to the computer's chassis and to provide support for the Fibre Channel cables.
The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E Host Bus Adapter is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and VMware. This makes it a versatile solution for businesses that use multiple operating systems in their data centers.
The installation process for the AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E Host Bus Adapter is straightforward. The host bus adapter is inserted into an available PCI-E X8 slot on the motherboard of the computer. The standard bracket is then secured to the chassis using the included screws. Fibre Channel cables are then connected to the host bus adapter and the storage devices.
The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E Host Bus Adapter provides high-speed data transfer rates of up to 8Gbps per port. This allows for fast and efficient data transfer between the host bus adapter and the storage devices. The dual-port design also provides redundancy and load balancing, which can improve the performance and reliability of the storage system.
In Summary, The AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E Host Bus Adapter is a reliable and high-performance solution for connecting storage devices to computing systems. Its dual-port design, Fibre Channel technology, and PCI Express interface make it an ideal choice for data centers and enterprise-level storage systems. The host bus adapter is compatible with a wide range of operating systems and is easy to install. With its high-speed data transfer rates and redundancy features, the AJ763A HP Storageworks 82E Host Bus Adapter is a must-have for businesses that require high-performance storage solutions.
General Information about the HP AJ763A
- Manufacturer Name: HP
- Part Number or SKU# AJ763A
- Type: Controller
- Controller Type: Host Bus Adapter
- Spare Part Number: 697890-001
- Spare Part Number: 489193-001
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card
- Interface (Bus) Type: PCI Express x8
- PCI Specification Revision: PCIe 2.0
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: 8GB Fibre Channel (Short Wave)
- Data Transfer Rate: 8.5 GBPS
- Fibre Channel: FC-SP
- Ports: 8Gb Fibre Channel x 2
- Included Accessories: Low-profile bracket, 8 Gb SFP
- x86 / AMD64 / EM64T, SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 SP1
- Humidity Range Operating: 5 - 95%
- Max Operating Temperature: 131 °F
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
Dimensions & Weight
- Depth: 6.6 inch
- Height: 2.7 inch
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 G7, DL120 G7 Base, DL120 G7 Entry, DL120 G7 Performance, DL160 G5p Special Server, DL160 G6 Special Server, DL160se G6, DL165 G6, DL165 G7, DL165 G7 Base, DL165 G7 Performance, DL165 G7 Special Server, DL170h G6, DL180 G6 Special Server, DL2x170h G6, DL320 G6, DL320 G6 Entry, DL320 G6 High Efficiency, DL320 G6 Performance, DL360 G6 Base, DL360 G6 Efficiency, DL360 G6 Entry, DL360 G6 Performance, DL360 G7, DL360 G7 Base, DL360 G7 Central Management Server, DL360 G7 Efficiency, DL360 G7 Entry, DL360 G7 Performance, DL360 G7 Special Server, DL360p Gen8, DL360p Gen8 Base, DL360p Gen8 CMS, DL360p Gen8 Entry, DL360p Gen8 High Performance, DL370 G6 Base, DL370 G6 High Performance, DL370 G6 Performance, DL380 G6, DL380 G6 Entry, DL380 G6 High Efficiency, DL380 G7, DL380 G7 Base, DL380 G7 Efficiency, DL380 G7 Entry, DL380 G7 Performance, DL380 G7 Special Server, DL385 G6, DL385 G6 Base, DL385 G6 Entry, DL385 G6 High Performance, DL385 G7, DL385 G7 Base, DL385 G7 Entry, DL385 G7 HE, DL385 G7 Performance, DL4x170h G6, DL580 G5 Highly Serviceable Tower, DL580 G7, DL580 G7 Base, DL580 G7 High Performance, DL585 G6, DL585 G6 Base, DL585 G6 Performance, DL585 G7, DL585 G7 Base, DL585 G7 Performance, DL785 G6, DL785 G6 Base, DL785 G6 Performance, DL980 G7
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML330 G6, ML330 G6 Base, ML330 G6 Entry, ML350 G6 Entry, ML350 G6 Performance, ML350 G6 Special Server, ML370 G6 Base, ML370 G6 Entry
- HPE ProLiant SL Series: SL160s G6, SL160z G6, SL170z G6, SL2x170z G6, SL390s G7
- HPE StorageWorks 8/8 (8) Full Fabric Ports Enabled SAN Switch, 8/8 Base (0) e-port SAN Switch, MSL2024 Ultrium 3000, MSL2024 Ultrium 3280, MSL4048 Ultrium 3000, MSL4048 Ultrium 3280, MSL8096 Ultrium 3280, SN6000C 16-ports Active Fabric Switch, SN6000C 32-ports Active Fabric Switch
- HPE StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 3000
- HPE StorageWorks Modular Smart Array P2000 G3 FC Dual Controller LFF Array
- HPE StorageWorks Network Storage Gateway X3400 G2, X3800 G2
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AJ763A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.