Product Overview of Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter
AJ764-63002 is a model number for the HP Storage works 82Q 8GB Dual Ports PCI-E Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter. It is a type of computer hardware that connects servers or workstations to storage devices. The purpose of this adapter is to provide high-speed data transfer between the host computer and the storage device. In this article, we will explain in detail what this adapter is, how it works, and its various features.
Host Bus Adapter (HBA)
A Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter (HBA) is a type of hardware that allows a server or workstation to connect to a storage device using the Fibre Channel protocol. Fibre Channel is a high-speed networking technology that was designed specifically for storage area networks (SANs). It provides fast and reliable data transfer between servers and storage devices, making it ideal for large-scale data centers and other high-performance computing environments.
Fibre Channel HBA
A Fibre Channel HBA is installed inside a server or workstation and connects to the Fibre Channel network using a fiber optic cable. When data is sent from the host computer to the storage device, it is first passed through the HBA. The HBA then converts the data into the Fibre Channel protocol and sends it over the fiber optic cable to the storage device. When data is received from the storage device, the HBA converts it back into the native format of the host computer and passes it to the operating system for processing.
What is the HP Storage works 82Q 8GB Dual Ports PCI-E Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter? The HP Storage works 82Q 8GB Dual Ports PCI-E Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter is a type of Fibre Channel HBA that is manufactured by HP. It is designed to provide high-speed data transfer between servers or workstations and storage devices. It is a PCIe card that can be installed inside a server or workstation, providing two Fibre Channel ports for connecting to storage devices.
The HP Storage works 82Q 8GB Dual Ports PCI-E Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter has several features that make it an ideal choice for high-performance computing environments. Some of its key features include:
- High-speed data transfer: The adapter provides up to 8Gb/s of bandwidth per port, making it ideal for large-scale data centers and other high-performance computing environments.
- Dual ports: The adapter provides two Fibre Channel ports, allowing for redundant connections to storage devices for increased reliability and availability.
- PCIe interface: The adapter uses a PCIe interface, which provides high-speed data transfer between the adapter and the host computer.
- Advanced error handling: The adapter includes advanced error handling features, such as data integrity checks and error correction, to ensure reliable data transfer.
- Low power consumption: The adapter is designed to consume minimal power, making it an energy-efficient solution for data centers.
- Easy to install and configure: The adapter comes with an easy-to-use setup wizard and management software, making it easy to install and configure.
Applications of the HP Storage works 82Q 8GB Dual Ports PCI-E Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter The HP Storage works 82Q 8GB Dual Ports PCI-E Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter is an ideal choice for a wide range of high-performance computing applications. Some of its key applications include:
- Large-scale data centers: The adapter is ideal for large-scale data centers that require high-speed data transfer between servers and storage devices.
- Virtualization: The adapter is ideal for virtualized environments, where multiple virtual machines need to access shared storage devices.
General Information about this HP AJ764-63002
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part Number or SKU# AJ764-63002
- Product Type: Fibre Channel
Technical Information of PCI-Express Adapter
- Capacity: Host Bus Adapter
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card - low profile
- Interface (Bus) Type: PCI Express x8
- PCI Specification Revision: PCIE 2.0
Networking of Host Bus Adapter
- Ports: 8Gb Fibre Channel x 2
- Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Data Link Protocol: 8GB Fibre Channel (SW)
- Data Transfer Rate: 8.5GBPS
- Features: Auto-negotiation
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 131 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 10 - 90%
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 G7, DL120 G7 Base, DL120 G7 Entry, DL120 G7 Performance, DL160 G6, DL160 Gen8, DL160 Gen8 Entry, DL160 Gen8 Performance, DL160se G6, DL165 G6, DL165 G7, DL165 G7 Base, DL165 G7 Performance, DL170h G6, DL180 G6, DL2x170h G6, DL320 G6 Performance, DL360 G7, DL360 G7 Base, DL360 G7
- Central Management Server DL360 G7 Efficiency, DL360 G7 Entry, DL360 G7 Performance, DL360e Gen8, DL360e Gen8 Entry, DL360e Gen8 Performance, DL360p Gen8, DL360p Gen8 Base, DL360p Gen8 CMS, DL360p Gen8 Entry, DL360p Gen8 High Performance, DL370 G6 High Performance, DL380 G7, DL380 G7 Base, DL380 G7 Efficiency, DL380 G7 Entry, DL380 G7 Performance, DL380p Gen8, DL380p Gen8 Base, DL380p Gen8 Entry, DL380p Gen8 High Performance, DL380p Gen8 Special, DL385 G6, DL385 G6 Base, DL385 G6 Entry, DL385 G6
- High Performance DL385 G7, DL385 G7 Base, DL385 G7 Entry, DL385 G7 HE, DL385 G7 Performance, DL385p Gen8, DL385p Gen8 Dedicated Workload, DL385p Gen8 Entry, DL385p Gen8 Maximized Consolidation, DL385p Gen8 Storage, DL4x170h G6, DL580 G5 Highly Serviceable Tower, DL580 G7, DL580 G7 Base, DL580 G7 High Performance, DL585 G6, DL585 G6 Base, DL585 G6 Performance, DL585 G7, DL585 G7 Base, DL585 G7 Performance, DL785 G6, DL785 G6 Base, DL785 G6 Performance, DL980 G7
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML330 G6, ML330 G6 Base, ML330 G6 Entry, ML350 G6
- HPE ProLiant SL Series: SL160s G6, SL160z G6, SL170z G6, SL210t Gen8 1U Node, SL2x170z G6
- HPE StorageWorks MSL2024 Ultrium 3000, MSL2024 Ultrium 3280, MSL4048 Ultrium 3000, MSL4048 Ultrium 3280, MSL8096 Ultrium 3280, SN6000C 16-ports Active Fabric Switch, SN6000C 32-ports Active Fabric Switch
- HPE StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 3000
- HPE StorageWorks Network Storage Gateway X3400, X3400 G2, X3800, X3800 G2, X9300
- HPE StorageWorks Network Storage System X1600, X1600 12TB SATA Model, X1600 292GB SAS Model, X1600 7.5TB SAS Model, X1800, X1800 2.4TB SAS Model, X1800 292GB SAS Model, X1800 3.6TB SAS Model, X1800 6TB SATA Model
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.