Enterprise Storage Networks
Enterprise storage networks refer to the high-speed data storage and retrieval systems used by large organizations and enterprises. These networks are designed to support the storage and management of large amounts of data, and to provide fast and reliable access to this data from multiple locations and devices.
An enterprise storage network typically includes several components, such as:
- Storage arrays: Large-scale storage systems that provide high-capacity and high-performance storage for large amounts of data.
- Storage area network (SAN) switches: High-speed network switches that connect storage arrays and servers within the storage network.
- Host bus adapters (HBAs): Specialized adapters that connect servers to the storage network.
- Backup and recovery systems: Solutions that provide data backup, recovery, and disaster recovery capabilities.
- Software-defined storage: Storage management software that provides a centralized and automated management of storage resources.
The goal of an enterprise storage network is to provide fast, reliable, and secure access to data, while also reducing the cost and complexity of managing this data. Enterprise storage networks are used in a variety of industries, including finance, healthcare, government, and education.
In conclusion, an enterprise storage network is a high-speed and reliable data storage and retrieval system used by large organizations to store and manage large amounts of data. These networks are designed to provide fast, secure, and cost-effective access to data, and to support mission-critical applications and services.
Active CTO Availability
"Active CTO Only" availability refers to the availability of the HPE AM867-63001 SAN Switch for ordering and shipping. "CTO" stands for "Configure-To-Order", which means that the switch can be customized and configured to meet specific customer requirements.
In this case, the "Active CTO Only" availability means that the switch can only be ordered as a custom-configured solution, and cannot be purchased off-the-shelf. Customers must work with a HPE representative to specify their requirements and configure the switch accordingly.
The "Active CTO Only" availability is often used for high-end or specialized products that require specific configurations and customizations. This allows customers to get the exact switch that meets their needs, rather than settling for a pre-configured model that may not fit their requirements.
In conclusion, the "Active CTO Only" availability of the HPE AM867-63001 SAN Switch indicates that the switch is only available as a custom-configured solution, and customers must work with HPE to specify and order their desired configuration.
Growing Storage Networks
Growing storage networks refer to the process of increasing the size and capacity of a storage area network (SAN) over time, as the need for storage grows. This growth can be driven by many factors, such as the increasing amount of data being generated, the need to support new applications and services, and the need to increase the reliability and performance of the storage network.
Growing a storage network involves several steps, including:
- Assessing current storage needs: Evaluating the current capacity and performance of the storage network, and determining the additional storage capacity and performance required to meet future needs.
- Planning for growth: Planning for the future growth of the storage network, including the type and amount of additional storage capacity, the placement of new storage arrays, and the impact on the network infrastructure.
- Adding storage capacity: Adding new storage arrays or upgrading existing arrays to increase the storage capacity of the network.
- Upgrading network infrastructure: Upgrading the network infrastructure to support the increased storage capacity and performance, including upgrading switches, cabling, and host bus adapters (HBAs).
- Managing the storage network: Managing the storage network to ensure optimal performance and reliability, including monitoring storage utilization, monitoring network performance, and performing regular software updates.
Growing a storage network is an important part of maintaining the health and performance of a storage area network. By regularly assessing storage needs and planning for growth, organizations can ensure that their storage network can support their evolving storage requirements, and continue to meet the needs of the business.
Finally, growing storage networks refers to the process of increasing the size and capacity of a storage area network over time, as the need for storage grows. This growth involves assessing current storage needs, planning for growth, adding storage capacity, upgrading network infrastructure, and managing the storage network.
- Manufacturer: HP
- Part Number or SKU# AM867-63001
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Switch 8 Ports
- Device Type : Switch - Stackable
- Enclosure Type : Rack-Mountable - 1u
- Data Transfer Rate : 8 Gbps
- Data Link Protocol : 8gb Fibre Channel
- Fibre Channel : Fc-Al, Fc-Al-2, Fc-Fg, Fc-Fla, Fc-Gs-2, Fc-Ph, Fc-Ph-2, Fc-Ph-3, Fc-Plda, Fc-Sw, Fc-Vi, Fc-Fh
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp, Telnet, Http
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Communication Mode : Full-Duplex
- Features : Manageable, Full Duplex Mode
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 8 ( 8 ) X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- Interfaces : 1 X Management - Ethernet 10base-T/100base-Tx - Rj-45 1 X Management - Rs-232 - 9 Pin D-Sub (Db-9)
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AM867-63001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.