Features and specifications
The AP823A HP 10Gbps Short Wave Multi-Mode Fiber SFP+ Transceiver Module is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP+) transceiver that is used to provide a 10 Gigabit Ethernet connection over short-wave multi-mode fiber (MMF) cable.
- 10 Gbps data rate
- Short-wave (850 nm) multi-mode fiber (MMF) support
- SFP+ form factor
- LC connector
- Up to 70m transmission distance on OM3 MMF and 100m on OM4 MMF
- Maximum Data Rate: 10 Gbps
- Wavelength: 850 nm
- Fiber Type: Multi-mode
- Fiber Distance: Up to 70m on OM3 MMF and 100m on OM4 MMF
- Connector: LC
- Form Factor: SFP+
- Temperature Range: 0 to 70°C
- Power Consumption: <1.5W
- Compliance: MSA SFP+ Specification
The AP823A is designed to be compatible with HP Procurve switches, but it can also be used with other devices that support SFP+ transceivers as long as they are multi-mode fiber compatible.
Management and Configuration Options for Short Wave Transceiver
- Web-based management interface: The AP823A provides a web-based management interface that allows for easy configuration and monitoring of the transceiver module.
- Command Line Interface (CLI): The AP823A supports a Command Line Interface (CLI) for advanced configuration and management options.
- SNMP support: The AP823A supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) for remote management and monitoring of the transceiver module.
- Auto-negotiation: The AP823A supports auto-negotiation of data transfer speeds and duplex modes, making it easy to configure for different network environments.
- Link aggregation: The AP823A supports link aggregation, allowing multiple ports to be grouped together for increased bandwidth and improved network resiliency.
- Quality of Service (QoS) configuration: The AP823A provides options for configuring Quality of Service (QoS) settings, allowing for prioritization of certain types of network traffic.
- Security features: The AP823A supports various security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Secure Shell (SSH) for secure remote access.
- Firmware upgrades: The AP823A supports firmware upgrades to ensure that the transceiver module is running the latest software version with the latest features and bug fixes.
- Port mirroring: The AP823A supports port mirroring, allowing for the monitoring and analysis of network traffic on a specific port.
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting: The AP823A provides diagnostic and troubleshooting tools, such as link status monitoring, to help identify and resolve network issues.
Quality of Service (QoS) Capabilities of the AP823A
- Priority Queuing: The AP823A supports priority queuing, allowing for the prioritization of certain types of network traffic based on their importance.
- Class of Service (CoS): The AP823A supports Class of Service (CoS) tagging, allowing for the classification of different types of network traffic into different categories.
- Traffic shaping: The AP823A supports traffic shaping, allowing for the control of bandwidth usage for specific types of network traffic.
- Quality of Service (QoS) policies: The AP823A supports the creation and implementation of Quality of Service (QoS) policies, allowing for the customization of QoS settings to meet specific network requirements.
- Bandwidth allocation: The AP823A supports the allocation of bandwidth to different types of network traffic, allowing for a more efficient use of network resources.
- Congestion management: The AP823A supports congestion management, allowing for the control of network traffic during periods of high traffic to prevent network congestion.
- Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) marking: The AP823A supports Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) marking, allowing for the identification and prioritization of different types of network traffic.
- Voice VLAN: The AP823A supports Voice VLAN, allowing for the prioritization of voice traffic for improved voice quality in VoIP environments.
- Multicast traffic management: The AP823A supports multicast traffic management, allowing for the control of multicast traffic to prevent network congestion.
- Adaptive Quality of Service (AQoS): The AP823A supports Adaptive Quality of Service (AQoS), allowing for dynamic adjustments to QoS settings based on real-time network conditions.
Detail Description AP823A HP
- Manufacturer: HP
- MPN: AP823A
- Type : Networking
- Transceiver -Type : Sfp+ Transceiver Module
- SKU: AP823A
- Enclosure Type : Plug-in Module
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : 10gbase-sr
- Data Link Protocol : 10 Gigabit Ethernet
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X Network - Ethernet 10gbase-sr
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Sfp+
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 8inch
- Width: 4.75inch
- Depth: 1.5inch
- Weight: 1 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product AP823A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.