Applications and Use Cases
The J8437-61001 HP Procurve 10-GBE X2-Sc Lr Optic Rmkt Transceiver is a refurbished transceiver module that is designed to be used in HP Procurve switches that support X2 transceivers. The "LR" in its name stands for "long range," indicating that it can transmit data over a distance of up to 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) using single-mode fiber optic cables.
Here are some possible applications and use cases for the J8437-61001 transceiver:
- Data center interconnect: In large data center environments, switches may be located far apart from each other. The J8437-61001 transceiver can be used to connect switches over long distances using fiber optic cabling, providing high-speed connectivity and low latency.
- Campus networking: In university or corporate campus networks, buildings may be located far apart from each other. The J8437-61001 transceiver can be used to connect switches in different buildings, providing fast and reliable communication between them.
- ISP networks: Internet service providers (ISPs) often use fiber optic cables to connect their equipment over long distances. The J8437-61001 transceiver can be used to extend the reach of these networks, allowing ISPs to provide high-speed internet access to customers who are located far away from their central facilities.
- Telecommunications: The J8437-61001 transceiver can also be used in telecommunications applications where high-speed data transmission over long distances is required. For example, it can be used to connect cell towers or to provide high-speed backhaul connections between remote locations.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
J8437-61001 is the part number for an HP ProCurve 10-GbE X2-SC LR Optic remanufactured transceiver module. This module is used to convert electrical signals into optical signals and vice versa, allowing for high-speed communication between network devices.
To ensure the proper functioning of the J8437-61001 transceiver, regular maintenance is recommended. Some maintenance tips are as follows:
- Keep the transceiver clean: Use a clean, dry, lint-free cloth to clean the transceiver. Avoid using any liquids or solvents that may damage the transceiver.
- Check the cables: Ensure that the cables are properly connected and are not damaged. Check for any cuts or frays in the cables, as this can cause signal loss or degradation.
- Keep the transceiver within its operating temperature range: The J8437-61001 transceiver is designed to operate within a specific temperature range. Ensure that the ambient temperature of the device is within this range.
In case of any issues with the J8437-61001 transceiver, some troubleshooting tips are as follows:
- Check the connection: Ensure that the transceiver is properly connected to the device. Check for any loose connections or bent pins.
- Check the cable: Verify that the cable is functioning properly. Try swapping the cable with a known working cable to check if the problem persists.
- Check the device settings: Ensure that the device settings are configured correctly. Ensure that the device is configured to use the J8437-61001 transceiver.
- Check the firmware: Ensure that the firmware of the device and the transceiver are up-to-date. Check for any firmware updates on the manufacturer's website.
- Replace the transceiver: If all else fails, replace the J8437-61001 transceiver with a new one.
Performance and Scalability
J8437-61001 is a remanufactured HP Procurve 10-GBE X2-SC LR Optic Transceiver, which is designed to provide high-speed data transmission over fiber optic cables. It offers a single 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) port, and supports a maximum cable distance of up to 10 kilometers, making it suitable for use in large-scale enterprise and data center environments.
In terms of performance, the J8437-61001 transceiver is designed to operate at a wavelength of 1310nm, and can support data transfer rates of up to 10 Gbps. It also supports both single-mode and multi-mode fiber optic cables, allowing for flexible connectivity options.
As for scalability, the J8437-61001 transceiver can be used in a variety of networking applications, including high-bandwidth data center interconnects, campus backbone links, and service provider transport networks. It is compatible with a range of HP Procurve networking equipment, including switches and routers, allowing for easy integration into existing network infrastructure.
- Device Type : Transceiver Module
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module
- Interface (Bus) Type : X2
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 10gbase-Lr
- Data Link Protocol : 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Max Transfer Distance : 6.2 Miles
- Optical Wave Length : 1310 Nm
- Features : Full Duplex Capability
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.3ae
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X Network - Ethernet 10gbase-Lr - Sc Single Mode X 2
- Compatible Slots : 1 X X2
About New Bulk Pack Products
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J8437-61001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.