Scalable and Reliable
The HPE J9729A Aruba 2920AL 48G PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Rack Mountable Switch is a highly scalable and reliable networking solution for businesses of all sizes. With its 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, it can easily handle large amounts of data traffic, making it ideal for use in high-bandwidth applications such as video streaming, online gaming, and other data-intensive tasks.
The switch also supports PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus), which allows it to provide power to connected devices such as IP cameras, wireless access points, and other PoE-enabled devices. This eliminates the need for additional power sources, making it more convenient and cost-effective to use.
The switch also features a rack mountable design, which makes it easy to install and manage in a data center or other rack-mounted environment. Additionally, the switch supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Quality of Service (QoS) to ensure that your network is protected and that your critical applications receive the necessary bandwidth.
Powerful Gigabit Connectivity
The HPE J9729A Aruba 2920AL 48G PoE+ Gigabit Ethernet Rack Mountable Switch is a powerful and reliable networking solution that provides high-speed connectivity for your business. With 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports, this switch supports fast data transfer speeds and can easily handle large amounts of traffic.
In addition to its fast Ethernet connectivity, the switch also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE+) technology, which allows you to power devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and cameras directly from the switch. This eliminates the need for additional power cables and helps to reduce clutter and simplify your network.
The switch also features a rack-mountable design, making it easy to integrate into your existing infrastructure. It also has a web-based management interface that allows you to easily configure and monitor the switch, making it easy to manage and troubleshoot your network.
Advanced management and security Features
- Advanced Quality of Service (QoS) - The HPE J9729A Aruba 2920AL switch offers advanced QoS features that allow for granular control of network traffic, ensuring that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need to function properly.
- Advanced Security - The switch offers advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Virtual LANs (VLANs) to segment the network and limit access to sensitive data. It also supports IEEE 802.1X authentication for secure network access.
- Link Aggregation - The switch supports link aggregation, allowing multiple physical connections to be grouped together to increase bandwidth and provide redundancy.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE+) - The switch supports PoE+ on all 48 ports, allowing for the powering of PoE-enabled devices such as IP phones and wireless access points.
- Advanced Management - The switch offers advanced management features such as SNMP, RMON, and a web-based interface for easy configuration and monitoring of the network. It also supports the Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager for centralized network access control.
- Redundancy - The switch has redundant power supplies and fans for high availability, ensuring that the network remains up and running even in the event of a failure.
- Flexibility - The switch is rack-mountable and supports both 10/100/1000Mbps and 10GbE SFP+ uplinks, allowing for flexible network design and scalability.
- Energy Efficient - The switch supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which reduces power consumption during periods of low network activity.
General Information about the HPE J9729A
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# J9729A
- Type: Networking
- Switch-Type: 48 Ports
- Enclosure Type: Desktop
- Ports: 48 X 10/100/1000 + 4 X Shard Gigabit SFP
- Power Over Ethernet (POE): POE+
- Routing Protocol: RIP, Static IP Routing
- Interfaces: 48 X 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T - RJ-45 - POE+ 4 X SFP (Mini-GBIC)
- Management: 1 X RS-232 - RJ-45
- Management: 1 X 5 PIN MICRO-USB TYPE B
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON 1, TELNET, SNMP 3, SNMP 2C, TFTP, CLI
- Authentication Method: Radius
- Processor: 1 X ARM : 625 MHZ
- RAM: 512 MB - SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 1 GB
- DOS Attack Prevention, IPV6 Support, Half Duplex Mode, Full Duplex Mode, Class of Service (COS)
- IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3U, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3AB, IEEE 802.1P, IEEE 802.3AF, IEEE 802.3X, IEEE 802.3AD (LACP), IEEE 802.1W, IEEE 802.1S, IEEE 802.1V, IEEE 802.3AT, IEEE 802.3AZ, IEEE 802.1AX
- Expansion Slot(s): 2 (Total) / 2 (Free) X Expansion Slot
- 1 (Total) / 1 (Free) X Stacking Module Slot
- Throughput: 130.9 Mbps
- Switching Capacity: 176 Gbps
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 131 °F
- Humidity Range Operating: 15 - 95% (non-condensing)
- Min Storage Temperature (POE): -40 °F
- Max Storage Temperature: 158 °F
- Humidity Range Storage: 15 - 95% (non-condensing)v2 zl2, 5406R-8XGT/8SFP+ v2 zl2
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 17.4 inch
- Depth : 13.2 inch
- Height : 1.7 inch
- Weight : 12.57 lbs
About New Bulk Pack Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J9729A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.