Features and Benefits
The JD096C HP 1.2M (3.94 FT) X240 10G SFP+ to SFP+ Direct Attach Cable is a high-performance cable that provides a cost-effective solution for connecting 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GbE) devices. Some of the key features and benefits of this cable include:
- Direct Attach Technology: The JD096C cable uses direct attach technology, which allows for a reliable and stable connection between SFP+ devices. This eliminates the need for expensive transceivers and optics.
- High-Speed Data Transfer: The cable supports data transfer speeds of up to 10 Gbps, making it ideal for high-bandwidth applications such as data centers, cloud computing, and video streaming.
- Compact and Durable Design: The cable has a compact and durable design, which makes it easy to install and handle. It also has a bend radius of 7.5mm and an operating temperature range of 0 to 70°C.
- Cost-effective: The direct attach cable is a cost-effective solution for connecting 10 GbE devices as it eliminates the need for expensive transceivers and optics.
- Compatible with HP X240 Switch Series: The JD096C cable is compatible with the HP X240 Switch Series, which provides a flexible and scalable solution for data center and enterprise networks.
Easy Installation and Configuration
- Begin by connecting one end of the JD096C HP 1.2M (3.94 FT) X240 10G SFP+ to SFP+ Direct Attach Cable to the SFP+ port on your device.
- Make sure that the connector is securely seated and locked in place.
- Connect the other end of the cable to the SFP+ port on the other device you wish to connect.
- Once again, ensure that the connector is securely seated and locked in place.
- Power on both devices and check for link status. The link should be active and show a connection between the two devices.
- Configure the network settings on both devices to match the same subnet and IP address range.
- Test the connection by pinging one device from the other or by transferring data between the two devices.
- If there are any issues, check the cable connections, make sure that the devices are configured correctly, and check for any firmware updates or troubleshooting guides.
The JD096C HP 1.2M (3.94 FT) X240 10G SFP+ To SFP+ Direct Attach Cable is a cost-effective solution for connecting 10G SFP+ devices, such as servers, switches, and routers. This cable is designed to support high-speed data transfer and is compliant with the SFP+ standards.
One of the key benefits of this cable is its direct-attach design, which eliminates the need for transceivers and modules, reducing the overall cost of the solution. Additionally, the cable is made of high-quality materials, ensuring durability and reliability.
Another cost-effective aspect of this cable is its compact size, making it easy to install and manage in tight spaces. The cable's 1.2M (3.94 FT) length is also ideal for connecting devices that are in close proximity to each other, reducing the need for longer and more expensive cables.
Product Information JD096C
- Manufacturer: HP
- MPN: JD096C
- Type: Cable
- Sub-Type: 1.2 Meter
- SKU: JD096C
Cables - Direct Attach Cable
Direct Attach Cable, also known as the DAC cable, connects the equipment and peripherals in a data network. All the active networking equipment, including the data storage devices, switches, routers, servers, and more, will be connected and synched using the DAC cables. As far as the usage is concerned, these direct attached copper cables are getting fame in the data storage centers and the industry sector and server rooms: the reason being the cost-effective, efficient, and easier way to form the connection.
Direct Attach Copper Cables Are Terminated with Modules:
DAC cables are terminated from the manufacturer with the modules, which can easily connect the active peripheral equipment and secure an electrical connection. These modules are factory terminated and cannot be removed from the DAC cables afterward. Hence these wires possess a fixed length.
There are plenty of types and models available for the direct attach cables, including the direct, breakout, active and passive. As mentioned in the name, the direct cable can form a direct stable connection among the two peripherals, while breakout can connect one port with the four others. On the other hand, an active DAC cable will transmit signals to a little longer distance than the passive ones.
We, at ALLHDD, have got you all the range DAC cables for you to shop from! Choose from the following sub-categories: 0.5 Meter, 1 Meter, 16.4 Feet, 2 Meter, 4xC-13 Attached, 5 Meters, SFP+, 0.65 Meter, 10 Feet, 10 Meters, and 3 Meter.
DAC cables can follow longer paths:
Many of you might be wondering if the direct attach cable can transmit the data up to 10 meters or more! Yes, these cables can transfer the data to a more extended range depending on the data rate. The data rate is inversely proportional to the transmit range- the more the data rate, the less will be the range!
Direct Attach Data Cables are cost-effective!
DAC cables are more cost-effective as compared to the other ones. Using the two optical transceivers and fiber cable will not generate similar results as these DAC cables would!
Not only are these cost-effective and can cover long range but are reliable as well! As already mentioned, the DAC cables are factory terminated with a module that plugs into the networking equipment and generates a physical connection. Apart from the secure connection, the 26 to 28 AWG Copper material makes them rugged. Therefore, surviving through the damage and cracks, DAC cables are a way to connect peripherals swiftly. You can choose from the following options 7 Meter, ProCurve, 0.65M, 1.2 Meter, 20 Meter and 30 Meter and also claim a 2.5% discount!
Why buy from ALLHDD?
ALLHDD has been serving its users for many years now! Fulfilling the needs of tech-savvies, we have got immense variety in each category. The same is true for the Direct Attach Copper Cables (DAC), which need to connect the networking peripherals.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product JD096C at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.