Benefits of Using of 10GB Ethernet Module
The HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 10GB Ethernet Module (part number 455880-B21) provides several benefits when used with C-class Bladesystems. These benefits include:
- Increased network bandwidth: The Flex-10 module provides 10 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity, which allows for faster data transfer speeds and improved overall network performance.
- Virtualization support: The Flex-10 module supports virtualization technologies such as VLANs and VMs, allowing for more efficient use of network resources.
- Scalability: The Flex-10 module can be used to connect multiple blades within a C-class Bladesystem, providing a scalable solution that can grow with your business.
- Reduced cabling and simplification of network infrastructure: The Flex-10 module allows for the use of a single cable to connect multiple blades within a C-class Bladesystem, reducing the amount of cabling required and simplifying network infrastructure.
- Easy management: The Flex-10 module can be managed and configured through HPE's Virtual Connect Manager, providing a single point of management for all connected blades.
Troubleshooting and Support Resources
The HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 10GB Ethernet Module for C-class Bladesystem (part number 455880-B21) is a network component that can be used to connect servers in a BladeSystem c-Class enclosure to a network.
Additionally, you can also contact HPE Support for assistance with troubleshooting and resolving any issues you may be experiencing with your Virtual Connect Flex-10 module. HPE Support can be reached by phone or email. The phone number and email address for your local HPE Support team can be found on the HPE Support Center website.
Installation and Setup Instructions
- Start by ensuring that the HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 10GB Ethernet Module (455880-B21) is compatible with your C-class Bladesystem.
- Power off all the blades in the enclosure and disconnect all cables from the enclosure.
- Remove the existing Virtual Connect module from the enclosure. Refer to the HPE Virtual Connect for C-class Bladesystems User Guide for instructions on how to do this.
- Install the 455880-B21 HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 10GB Ethernet Module in the same slot as the previous module. Make sure that the module is properly seated and locked in place.
- Connect the power and data cables to the new module as per the instructions in the HPE Virtual Connect for C-class Bladesystems User Guide.
- Power on all the blades in the enclosure and ensure that they are properly connected to the network.
- Log in to the Virtual Connect Manager and configure the new module according to your network requirements. Refer to the HPE Virtual Connect for C-class Bladesystems User Guide for instructions on how to do this.
- Test the network connectivity of all blades in the enclosure to ensure that they are properly connected to the network.
- Once the setup is complete, you can now use the 455880-B21 HPE Virtual Connect Flex-10 10GB Ethernet Module for your C-class Bladesystem.
- Brand: HPE
- MPN : 455880-B21
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Ethernet
- SKU : 455880-B21
Key Features :
- Device Type : Expansion Module
- Form Factor : Plug-in Module
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Data Link Protocol : 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Snmp 2, Http, Https
- Status Indicators : Port Status, Link Activity, Active
- Features : Full Duplex Capability, Ldap Support, Vlan Support, Port Mirroring, Manageable
- Compliant Standards : Ieee 802.2, Ieee 802.1d, Ieee 802.1q, Ieee 802.3ad (lacp), Ieee 802.3ae, Ieee 802.3ak, Ieee 802.1ab (lldp), Ieee 802.3aq
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (free) : 8 Sfp+
- Interfaces : Network 1 X Management
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Expansion Slot
About Refurbished Products
All the networking systems are ballooning up, requiring you to send or receive packets of data in an increasing amount. Thus, the local area networks (LAN) and wide-area networks (WAN) call for well-designed protocols and communication formats to ensure better data transfer speeds. But what device or platform will fulfill this specific criterion without any hassle. That's the Ethernet, of course! But there are plenty of reasons why you need to own these high-speed Ethernet Networks in your arsenal. With that being said, we, at ALLHDD, brought you the fast Ethernet switches, which will be bliss for your computer networking setup. Here's how!
Ethernet Protocols Are Out-Of- This World!
These protocols are not just customary but are necessary for effective communication between all the connected devices. Whether the communication message is delivered, pending, or in unknown status, these communication protocols ensure more comfortable and faster communication.
All the connected devices send a packet of data that contains the essential information and is necessary to pass on. Thus, equipping your unit with a faulty and flawed Ethernet protocol might ruin the overall setup. Also, the packet collisions can destroy the Ethernet networks or computer networking this way.
Ethernet Types And Functionalities:
Ethernet usually has a standard range of up to 10km of the periphery. But under special conditions, this range can be extended. The fiber optic media converter can convert an Ethernet device into a fiber optic cable network containing the CAT5/CAT6 Copper cable before.
There are generally three types of Ethernet Devices which let you boom your connectivity range and ensure a seamless wired connection between your LAN devices.
Fast Ethernet is bliss!
The first and foremost type of Ethernet is the ''Fast Ethernet,'' which utilizes twisted-pair cables (CAT 5) for effective communication. The maximum speed that this internet connectivity can produce is up to 100mbps.
Gigabit Ethernet is a little extra!
Gigabit Ethernet is way more beyond the previous one! This type of connectivity offers up to 1000mbps speed. Therefore, considering the physical layer, this gigabit Ethernet is supported by the four pairs of twisted-pair cables contributing a little extra to the faster internet connectivity.
If you're into the video calling system or want to connect your camera, Gigabit Ethernet can be the best choice for your local area networks. Also, utilizing the CAT5e cables for connectivity will not confine your expectation. You can even use 1000Base SX fiber optic cables or Ethernet cable to cover up the range of 500m or above. 1-Port Gigabit Ethernet is the most common type in this category.
10 Gigabit Ethernet- Speed Beyond Expectations!
As mentioned in the name, 10-Gigabit Ethernet can support up to 10gbps speed, backed up by the CAT6a and CAT7 twisted-pair cables. However, a replacement with the fiber optic cables can extend the range up to 10000 meters.
Why Choose ALLHDD?
ALLHDD brings you quality ethernet devices that support computer networking under the rules and regulations devised by IEEE. Considering all types of networks, these devices are equipped with vast Ethernet ports and faster connections supporting the electronics engineer's tasks. You can also claim a 2.5% discount on some External, 1-port, and 10-Gigabit Ethernet devices on ALLHDD.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.