Storage Area Network (SAN)
A Storage Area Network (SAN) is a dedicated high-speed network that provides block-level access to data storage. A SAN typically connects servers to storage devices, such as disk arrays, tape libraries, and storage devices like Network-Attached Storage (NAS) systems.
The main benefits of a SAN are:
- Improved Storage Utilization: SAN allows multiple servers to access and share the same pool of storage devices, improving the utilization and flexibility of storage resources.
- Increased Performance: SAN provides high-speed, low-latency access to storage devices, which can greatly improve the performance of applications that require fast access to data.
- Enhanced Availability: SAN supports redundancy and failover capabilities, ensuring that data is always accessible even in the event of a disk or device failure.
- Centralized Management: SAN enables centralized management of storage resources, making it easier to manage, monitor, and allocate storage resources.
- Scalability: SAN can be easily expanded to accommodate growing storage requirements, making it a cost-effective solution for businesses with increasing storage needs.
Advanced Network Management
Advanced network management refers to the use of advanced software tools and technologies to manage and monitor a network effectively. These tools provide network administrators with visibility and control over the network, making it easier to manage and maintain network performance, security, and availability.
Some key features of advanced network management include:
- Network monitoring: The ability to monitor network performance and identify issues before they become critical. This includes real-time monitoring of network devices, traffic, and events.
- Configuration management: The ability to manage and automate the configuration of network devices, such as switches and routers. This includes the ability to make changes to configurations, backup configurations, and restore configurations in case of failure.
- Security management: The ability to manage and monitor network security, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), and intrusion prevention systems (IPS). This includes the ability to configure security policies, monitor security events, and respond to security incidents.
- Asset management: The ability to keep track of network assets, such as devices, licenses, and software versions. This information is critical for network planning, capacity management, and maintenance.
- Network automation: The ability to automate repetitive tasks, such as provisioning new devices, updating software, and managing configurations. This reduces the workload of network administrators and helps to ensure that tasks are completed consistently and accurately.
Security and Compliance
Security and compliance refer to the measures and practices that are put in place to ensure the protection of sensitive information and data, and to comply with industry regulations and standards.
- Data protection: This includes measures to secure data, such as encryption, access controls, and backup and disaster recovery procedures. These measures are designed to prevent unauthorized access to sensitive information and to protect against data loss or theft.
- Access control: This involves limiting and monitoring access to sensitive information and systems, to ensure that only authorized individuals have access to sensitive information. This can include using authentication methods, such as passwords and biometric identification, and implementing role-based access controls.
- Compliance with regulations: Many industries have regulations and standards that organizations must comply with, such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) for businesses handling credit card transactions and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) for healthcare organizations. Compliance with these regulations helps to ensure that sensitive information is protected and that businesses are adhering to industry best practices.
- Network security: This involves securing the network infrastructure, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, and other security measures to prevent unauthorized access and protect against network-based attacks.
- Incident response: This involves having a plan in place to respond to security incidents and breaches, including procedures for investigation, containment, and remediation.
General Information about this HPE 481546-002
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# 481546-002
- Device Type: Switch
Technical Information for HPE 16 Ports Switch
- Device Type: Switch 16 Ports
- Enclosure Type: Plug-in Module
- Subtype: Fibre Channel
- Ports: 16 X 8GB Fibre Channel
Expansion / Connectivity of HPE Plug-in Module
- Interfaces: 16 X SFP (Mini-Gbic)
- Installed Modules Qty (max): 0 (installed) / 16 (max)
- Compliant Standards: Rohs2
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.