High-performance refers to the ability of a device or system to operate at a level that meets or exceeds expectations for speed, throughput, and efficiency. In the context of networking equipment, such as switches, routers, and transceivers, high-performance typically refers to their ability to transmit and receive data at high speeds with minimal delay or loss.
To achieve high performance, networking equipment must be designed with several factors in mind, including:
- Bandwidth: A high-performance network must have sufficient bandwidth to handle the volume of traffic it is expected to carry. This means that networking equipment must be designed to support high-speed data transfer rates and provide enough capacity to handle peak traffic loads without bottlenecking.
- Low Latency: Latency refers to the delay between the time a packet is sent and the time it is received. High-performance networking equipment must minimize latency to ensure that data is transmitted quickly and efficiently.
- Quality of Service (QoS): QoS is a set of techniques used to prioritize certain types of network traffic over others. By prioritizing critical traffic such as voice and video, high-performance networking equipment can ensure that these applications receive the necessary bandwidth and reduce the risk of delays or interruptions.
- Scalability: High-performance networking equipment must be designed to scale to meet the growing demands of modern networks. This means that equipment must support modular expansion and be able to handle larger traffic volumes without sacrificing performance.
- Reliability: High-performance networking equipment must be reliable and available to handle critical network traffic without interruption. This means that equipment must be designed with redundant components, failover mechanisms, and proactive monitoring to ensure high availability.
Seamless Network Expansion
Seamless network expansion refers to the ability to add new devices or systems to an existing network infrastructure without causing disruption or downtime. As organizations grow and their network requirements change, they often need to add new devices or expand their network to accommodate new users, applications, or locations. However, expanding a network can be challenging and disruptive if not managed properly.
To achieve seamless network expansion, network engineers must consider several key factors:
- Scalability: Network infrastructure must be designed with scalability in mind, so that it can easily accommodate new devices and traffic loads without compromising performance or reliability. This means that network equipment should be modular and expandable, with the ability to add new components as needed.
- Compatibility: New devices and systems added to the network must be compatible with existing infrastructure to ensure that they can seamlessly integrate with the network without causing disruption. This requires careful planning and testing to ensure that the new devices or systems will work properly with existing hardware and software.
- Configuration and Provisioning: Adding new devices or systems to a network requires configuration and provisioning, which can be time-consuming and complex. To achieve seamless network expansion, network engineers must have the tools and processes in place to quickly and easily configure and provision new devices.
- Security: Expanding a network can introduce new security risks, so it is important to ensure that new devices and systems are properly secured and integrated into the existing security infrastructure. This requires implementing appropriate access controls, authentication mechanisms, and monitoring tools to detect and respond to potential threats.
Software compatibility refers to the ability of different software applications or systems to work together without issues or conflicts. In the context of networking, software compatibility is essential to ensure that different components of the network, such as switches, routers, and servers, can communicate effectively and efficiently.
Ensuring software compatibility is important for several reasons:
- Improved Efficiency: Software compatibility ensures that different components of the network can communicate with each other effectively, reducing delays and increasing efficiency. This results in faster data transfer and better performance overall.
- Reduced Downtime: Software compatibility issues can cause network downtime, which can be costly and disruptive. By ensuring that all software components are compatible with each other, network engineers can reduce the risk of downtime and ensure that the network remains available and accessible.
- Seamless Upgrades: Upgrading software components of the network can be a complex process, but ensuring compatibility between the existing software and the new version can simplify the upgrade process and reduce the risk of errors or conflicts.
- Security: Software compatibility issues can create vulnerabilities that can be exploited by attackers. Ensuring that all software components are compatible with each other and are up-to-date with security patches and updates can help mitigate these risks.
To ensure software compatibility in a network, network engineers must consider several factors, including:
- Vendor Support: Working with vendors who provide comprehensive support for their software products can ensure that all components of the network are compatible with each other and are updated with the latest patches and upgrades.
- Compatibility Testing: Before deploying any new software component, network engineers should test it thoroughly to ensure that it is compatible with the existing network infrastructure.
- Documentation: Keeping detailed documentation of the network infrastructure and software components can help identify any compatibility issues and streamline the troubleshooting process.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- MPN: 507270-001
- Type: Networking
- Transceiver Type: Transceiver GBIC – SFP
- SKU: 507270-001
- Device Type : Sfp+ Transceiver Module
- Enclosure Type : Plug-in Module
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Data Link Protocol : 8gb Fibre Channel
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X Network - 8gb Fibre Channel
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Sfp+
About Refurbished Products
Building a fibre-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fibre systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radios. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt the transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fibre optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in the transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fibre optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fibre optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.