The HPE 628180-001 3TB SATA 3GBPS Hot Swap Hard Disk Drive is designed to provide high-capacity storage for enterprise environments. The drive offers a storage capacity of 3TB, which is ideal for storing large amounts of data such as videos, images, backups, and files. This large storage capacity is particularly useful for data centers, enterprise environments, and other applications where large amounts of data need to be stored and accessed quickly.
The drive's high-capacity storage is achieved through the use of advanced storage technologies such as Advanced Format (AF) which is a new standard for formatting hard drives that increases the physical sector size on a hard drive from 512 bytes to 4,096 (4K) bytes. This allows for more efficient use of disk space and improves performance.
In addition to its high-capacity storage, the HPE 628180-001 drive also offers the hot-swap feature, which allows for easy replacement of the drive without shutting down the system. This feature helps to minimize downtime and ensures that the system is always available for use.
Performance and Speed
The HPE 628180-001 3TB SATA 3GBPS Hot Swap Hard Disk Drive is designed to provide high performance and speed for enterprise environments. Some of the key features that contribute to the drive's performance and speed include:
- Data Transfer Speed: The drive uses SATA technology, which provides fast data transfer speeds of up to 3 Gbps. This allows for quick access to stored data, which is important for applications that require fast read and write speeds, such as databases and video editing.
- Advanced Format: The drive supports Advanced Format (AF) which is a new standard for formatting hard drives that increases the physical sector size on a hard drive from 512 bytes to 4,096 (4K) bytes. This allows for more efficient use of disk space and improves performance.
- High-Capacity Storage: With a storage capacity of 3TB, the HPE 628180-001 hard drive provides ample space for large amounts of data, making it suitable for use in data centers and other enterprise environments where large amounts of data need to be stored and accessed quickly.
- Hot Swap Feature: The drive also offers the hot-swap feature which allows for easy replacement of the drive without shutting down the system. This feature helps to minimize downtime and ensures that the system is always available for use.
- Low Latency: The drive has low latency which means it can quickly access and retrieve data, resulting in faster performance.
All these features combined make the HPE 628180-001 3TB SATA 3GBPS Hot Swap Hard Disk Drive a high-performance and high-speed storage solution for enterprise environments. Its fast data transfer speeds, advanced format, high-capacity storage and hot-swap feature make it an ideal option for data centers and other enterprise environments where fast access to large amounts of data is critical.
Reliability and Durability
The HPE 628180-001 3TB SATA 3GBPS Hot Swap Hard Disk Drive is designed to provide reliability and durability, making it an ideal storage solution for enterprise environments. Some of the ways in which the drive provides reliability and durability include:
- Error Correction: The drive uses Error Correction Code (ECC) to detect and correct errors that may occur during data transmission. This helps to ensure the integrity of stored data and improves the drive's overall reliability.
- MTBF: The drive has a high mean time between failures (MTBF) rating, which indicates its expected reliability. The higher the MTBF rating, the more reliable the drive is expected to be.
- Temperature Monitoring: The drive includes temperature monitoring capabilities that allow it to monitor its operating temperature and take action if necessary to prevent overheating, which can cause hardware failure.
- Hot Swap Feature: The drive offers the hot-swap feature which allows for easy replacement of the drive without shutting down the system. This feature helps to minimize downtime and ensures that the system is always available for use.
- Robust Design: The drive is built with robust design and materials that can withstand the demands of a data center environment and continue to provide reliable performance.
- Warranty and Support: HPE provides a 3 years warranty for the HPE 628180-001 hard drive, and offers various support options such as online technical documentation, HPE support center and HPE support services.
All these features combined make the HPE 628180-001 3TB SATA 3GBPS Hot Swap Hard Disk Drive a highly reliable and durable storage solution for enterprise environments. Its error correction, high MTBF,
Manufacturer Name: HPE
Type: Internal Hard Drive
HDD Type: SATA-3GBPS
Option Part Number: 628059-B21
Model Number: MB3000EBKAB
Model Number: MB3000EBUCH
Assembly Part Number: 614826-001
HDD Capacity: 3TB
Form Factor: 3.5 Inch LFF
Spindle Speed: 7200 RPM
External Data Transfer Rate: 300 MBps
Enclosure: Hot Swap
Features: Native Command Queuing (NCQ)
Dimension and Weight
Width : 4 Inch
Depth : 5.8 Inch
Height : 1 Inch
Weight : 1.52 Lbs
Seek Time: 8.1 ms (average) / 15.5 ms (max)
Track-to-Track Seek Time: 0.5 ms
Expansion & Connectivity
Interfaces: 1 x SATA 3 Gbps - 7 pin Serial ATA
Compatible Bays: 3.5" x 1/3H
Min Operating Temperature: 50 °F
Max Operating Temperature: 95 °F
ProLiant DL Series: DL1000 DL120 (G5 G6 G7) DL140 (G3) DL145 (G3) DL160 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL160se (G6 G7) DL165 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL170e (G6) DL170h (G6) DL2x170h (G6) DL4x170h (G6) DL180 (G5 G6 G7) DL185 (G5) DL320 (G3 G4 G5 G5p G6 G7) DL320s DL370 (G6 G7) DL380 (G4 G5 G6 G7) DL385 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL580 (G4 G5 G6 G7) DL585 (G2 G5 G6 G7) DL785 (G5 G6)
ProLiant ML Series: ML110 (G7) ML150 (G5 G6 G7) ML310 (G5p) ML330 (G6) ML350 (G5 G6 G7) ML370 (G5 G6 G7)
HPE Storage Systems: D2600 MDS600 MSA60 P4300 P4500 P4000 (G2) 60 Modular Array StoreAll 9730
HPE StoreEasy: 1430 1440 1530 1540 1630 1640 1830 1840 5530 X1400 X1500 X1600 X1800 X3400 X3800
Serial advanced technology attachment denoted as SATA or Serial ATA, or S-ATA is a computer bus interface mostly connecting host bus adapters to mass storage devices including hard drives. It is the most commonly used technology to connect hard drives to a PC's motherboard.
There have been multiple versions of the SATA interface developed to meet the need for increased storage capacity and bandwidth. The SATA technology was first introduced in 2000 to replace ATA and PATA to provide faster data transfer rates and hot-swapping. Advanced host controller interface (AHCI) is the standard interface for SATA which supports hot swapping and native command queuing (NCQ). Hot swapping refers to the ability to replace components of a computer system without having to shut down the entire system. NCQ allows improved performance through the ability to augment the orders of implementation of reading/writing commands. That means commands will be rescheduled and permits the host to send more commands to the hard drive as it searches data for another command. The 6Gbps data transfer throughout makes it superior to previous technologies such as ATA and PATA. SATA is able to run in IDE emulation mode, but it will not support advanced features.
We have helped all our clients across the board to understand how the technology works with HDDs, SSDs, and modules by knowing the specifications of the different SATA versions. A good grasp of these versions of SATA helps in the identification of the right storage capacity options for your application.
SATA II HDD generation or SATA 2.0 of the SATA technology is part of a series of revisions that happened in 2003, 2004, and 2008 that culminated in SATA III or SATA 3.0. With every revision, there was an increase in speed and additional features that support speed and allow for reliable storage drives. However, the physical appearance of the SATA connector was not altered. SATA III is the most commonly used SATA interface and has been through five revisions from 3.1 to 3.5.
SATA II hard disk was previously referred to as SATA 3Gbps which reflected its speeds. This second generation of the SATA technology has a SATA interface with 3Gbps transfer speed and a bandwidth throughput of 300MB/s. The following are SATA II drives you can choose from depending on specific need: 1.5TB-5.4K RPM, 1.5TB-5.9K RPM, 1.5TB-7200 RPM, 160GB-5.4K RPM, 160GB-7.2K RPM, 1TB-5.9K RPM, 1TB-7.2K RPM, 200GB-7.2K RPM, 250GB-5.4K RPM, 250GB-5.9K RPM, 250GB-7.2K RPM, 2TB-5.4K RPM, 2TB-5.9K RPM, 2TB-7200 RPM, 300GB-10K RPM, 300GB-7.2K RPM, 320GB-5.4K RPM, 320GB-7.2K RPM, 3TB-7.2K RPM, 400GB-7.2K RPM and 360GB-7200 RPM.
Notable features of SATA II include:
- Hot plugging – refers to the ability to change a drive as the computer runs.
- Staggered Spin Up – refers to the ability to start disk drives in sequence to ensure even power load at the starting of the system.
- Native command queuing – SATA 2.0 drives have an in-built algorithm that chooses the most efficient order to execute commands to improve performance and efficiency. The feature helps to reduce mechanical overhead and improve performance.
- Port multipliers – these help to connect as many as 15 drives to a SATA controller. This feature facilitates the easier building of disk enclosures using SATA drives.
- Port selectors – the feature allows the connection of two hosts to one drive. It helps create redundancy to the drive connection which is very critical in enterprise environments. That means if one of the hosts experiences failure, the second host will take over thereby ensuring continued access to storage.
All SATA generations are compatible both forward and backward. It, therefore, means that SATA II hard disk is backward compatible to function with SATA I ports. Likewise, SATA III is compatible backward to function with SATA I and SATA II ports. In backward compatibility, the maximum speed of the drive will slow down in line with the speed limitations of the port it is connected to. The same is true for lower SATA generations being compatible with higher SATA generations but are limited to their inbuilt speeds.
For users seeking greater speeds than the SATA III limits at 1.5Gbps, 3Gbps, and 6Gbps, there are M.2 and NVMe drives that offer greater performance. These drives have no limitations and will perform more efficiently and are chosen by users focused on speed and performance above everything else.
We have different motherboards with SATA connections and more particularly with SATA II connections and will come with a few SATA cables for the connections that you will use to build a new rig or do upgrades on a rig. Choose from the wide range of SATA cables dependent on what you need and especially when upgrading an older hard drive or other components on your computer. To ensure that you achieve enhanced speeds and performance, you need to buy SATA cables and adapters for compatibility. It may help to depend on profile and budget to get the latest SATA III standard.
You can fully trust our team to walk you through the options available with SATA II technology and help you choose the best storage for your applications.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 628180-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Hard Drive - SATA-II
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.