Form Factor: 2U Rack Server
Form factor refers to the physical dimensions, shape, and specifications of a computer or electronic device. In the case of servers, form factor is an important consideration because it determines the size and shape of the chassis that houses the server's components, as well as how the server can be mounted or installed in a data center or server room.
A 2U rack server, like the HPE Proliant DL380 G7, is a type of server that has a form factor of 2U, which stands for 2 rack units. One rack unit is equal to 1.75 inches (44.45mm) of vertical height. Therefore, a 2U server is 3.5 inches (88.9mm) tall.
A rack server is designed to be mounted in a standard 19-inch rack, which is a metal frame that holds multiple servers, switches, and other network equipment. A rack server's form factor determines how much space it takes up in the rack and how many servers can be installed in a given amount of vertical space.
A 2U rack server is a popular choice for many businesses and organizations because it provides a good balance of performance and density. It is larger than 1U servers, which are thinner and more compact, but smaller than 3U or 4U servers, which are bigger and more powerful but take up more space in the rack.
One advantage of a 2U rack server is that it can accommodate more internal components than a 1U server, such as additional hard drives, power supplies, or expansion cards. This can provide greater scalability and flexibility in terms of storage capacity, processing power, and network connectivity.
Another advantage of a 2U rack server is that it can be easier to service and maintain than a smaller server. The extra space allows for more air flow and cooling, which can help to prevent overheating and prolong the life of the server's components. Additionally, 2U servers often have more accessible components, making it easier for technicians to replace or upgrade parts as needed.
Power and Cooling Features
Power and cooling are critical considerations when it comes to server hardware. Servers are designed to process large amounts of data and run continuously, which can generate a significant amount of heat and consume a lot of power. Proper power and cooling features are essential for maintaining the reliability and longevity of a server, as well as for maximizing its performance and efficiency.
- Power Supply Units (PSUs): Servers typically have redundant power supplies, meaning that there are two or more power supply units that can provide power to the server. If one PSU fails, the other(s) can take over to ensure that the server continues to run without interruption.
- Power Efficiency: The power efficiency of a server can have a significant impact on its operating costs. Many servers are designed to be energy-efficient, which can help to reduce electricity consumption and lower the cost of ownership over time.
- Power Management: Power management features can help to optimize the power consumption of a server by adjusting power settings based on the workload or usage patterns. This can help to reduce energy waste and extend the life of the server's components.
- Fans: Servers have multiple fans that circulate air throughout the chassis to help cool the components. These fans are typically designed to be low-noise and energy-efficient, while still providing adequate cooling to keep the server running smoothly.
- Heat Sinks: Heat sinks are metal components that are attached to the processor or other high-heat components to help dissipate heat. They are designed to draw heat away from the component and transfer it to the air flowing over the heat sink.
- Airflow Management: Proper airflow management is critical for cooling a server effectively. This includes designing the chassis with proper ventilation and airflow paths, as well as using fans and other components strategically to optimize the flow of air through the server.
- Temperature Monitoring: Many servers have temperature sensors that can monitor the temperature of the components and adjust fan speeds or other cooling settings as needed. This can help to prevent overheating and ensure that the server runs at a safe and optimal temperature.
Expansion Slots and Ports
Expansion slots and ports are important features of a server that allow for connectivity and flexibility in terms of adding additional components and peripherals. These slots and ports can provide a way to connect to external storage devices, network switches, and other hardware that can enhance the functionality of the server.
An expansion slot is a socket on the motherboard that can be used to install additional expansion cards. These cards can add features like additional network interfaces, storage controllers, or graphics cards. Some common types of expansion slots found in servers include:
- PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express): This is a high-speed serial bus that is used to connect expansion cards to the motherboard. PCIe is a popular choice for servers because it supports high-bandwidth devices like network cards and storage controllers.
- PCI-X (PCI Extended): This is an older version of the PCIe bus that is still used in some legacy servers. PCI-X slots are typically found in older servers and support lower-speed devices.
- PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect): This is an even older bus standard that is still used in some very old servers. PCI slots are typically found in servers that are more than a decade old.
Ports are physical connectors on the server that allow for external connectivity to devices like network switches, storage arrays, or other servers. Some common types of ports found in servers include:
- Ethernet Ports: These ports are used to connect the server to a network switch or router. Servers typically have multiple Ethernet ports to provide redundancy and to support different network topologies.
- USB Ports: These ports are used to connect USB devices like flash drives, keyboards, and mice to the server.
- Serial Ports: These ports are used to connect to serial devices like modems, switches, and routers.
- Video Ports: These ports are used to connect to a monitor or other display device. Servers typically have basic video capabilities, but a separate graphics card can be added to the server via an expansion slot to support higher-end graphics.
- Manufacturer : Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Manufacturer Part Number : 639828-005
- Type: Server
- Sub-Type: Proliant Dl380
- Brand Name : HPE
- Product Line : ProLiant
- Product Series : DL380 G7
- Product Model : 639828-005
- Product Name : ProLiant DL380 G7 639828-005 Entry-level Server
- Product Type : Entry-level Server
Processor & Chipset
- Number of Processors Support : 2
- Number of Processors Install : 1
- Processor Manufacturer : Intel
- Processor Type : Xeon
- Processor Model : E5606
- Processor Core : Quad-core
- Processor Speed : 2.13 GHz
- Bus Speed : Not Applicable
- HyperTransport Speed : Not Applicable
- QuickPath Interconnect : 4.80 GT/s
- 64-bit Processing : Yes
- Hyper-Threading : No
- Chipset Manufacturer : Intel
- Chipset Model : 5520
- Standard Memory : 4 GB
- Memory Technology : DDR3 SDRAM
- Memory Standard : DDR3-1333/PC3-10600
- Memory Card Reader : Yes
- Total Hard Drive Capacity : Not Applicable
- Optical Drive Type : DVD-Writer
- Controller Type : Serial Attached SCSI
- RAID Support : Yes
- Number of Total Expansion Slots : 3
Display & Graphics
- Graphics Controller Manufacturer : ATI
- Graphics Controller Model : ES1000
- Graphics Memory Capacity : 64 MB
Network & Communication
- Ethernet Technology : Gigabit Ethernet
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.