Features and Specifications
The 765066-001 HPE 2TB PCI-E Mixed Use SC 2.5 inch SSD is a high-performance solid-state drive (SSD) designed for use in a variety of workloads, including mixed-use and read-intensive applications. Some of its features and specifications are:
- Capacity: 2 TB
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch
- Interface: PCI Express (PCIe) Gen3 x4
- NAND Flash Memory Type: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write Speed: Up to 3200/1650 MB/s
- Random Read/Write Speed: Up to 400k/20k IOPS
- Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF): 2 million hours
- Power Consumption: <10.5W
- Operating Temperature: 0 to 70°C
- Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) technology: Provides an additional layer of security for the data stored on the drive.
- Hot-swap capability: Allows for easy installation and replacement of the drive without having to shut down the system.
- Data Integrity and Data Loss Protection: HPE SSDs use advanced flash memory to detect and correct errors, protecting the integrity of your data.
- Endurance: Drive endurance is measured by the total amount of data that can be written to the drive over its lifetime, typically measured in terabytes written (TBW)
- Advanced Global wear-leveling: The controller distributes data evenly across all the flash blocks to ensure consistent performance over time.
- HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge: The SmartSSD Wear Gauge is a software tool that allows customers to monitor the remaining life of the SSD.
Please note that these features and specifications are subject to change and may vary depending on the specific model and configuration of the drive.
The installation process for the 765066-001 HPE 2TB PCI-E Mixed Use SC 2.5 inch SSD will depend on the specific server or system in which it is being installed. However, the general process is as follows:
- Before installing the drive, ensure that the server or system is powered off and unplugged from the power source.
- Locate the hot-swap bay in the server or system that corresponds to the drive's form factor (2.5 inch).
- Carefully slide the drive into the hot-swap bay and ensure that it is securely seated.
- Connect the necessary data and power cables to the drive.
- Power on the server or system and verify that the drive is recognized by the operating system.
- Format the drive and create a partition if necessary.
- Install the necessary software to manage the drive and configure the settings as per requirement.
- Enable any encryption or security features that the drive supports, such as Self-Encrypting Drive (SED) technology.
It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for installing and configuring the drive, as well as following all safety precautions.
Mixed use Application
The HPE 765066-001 SSD is well-suited for mixed-use applications that require both high throughput and low latency. Some examples of mixed-use applications include:
- Database servers: Databases often require high I/O performance to handle a large number of read and write operations. The HPE 765066-001 SSD can provide the high performance and low latency required for database servers.
- Virtualization: Virtualized environments often require high I/O performance to handle the multiple virtual machines running on a single physical host. The HPE 765066-001 SSD can provide the high performance and low latency required for virtualized environments.
- Cloud computing: Cloud computing environments often require high I/O performance and low latency to handle a large number of requests from multiple users. The HPE 765066-001 SSD can provide the high performance and low latency required for cloud computing environments.
- Big Data: Applications that handle large amounts of data like analytics, machine learning, and data warehousing, require high I/O performance and low latency to handle the large data sets. The HPE 765066-001 SSD can provide the high performance and low latency required for big data applications.
- Enterprise storage systems: Enterprise storage systems often require high I/O performance and low latency to handle a large number of read and write operations. The HPE 765066-001 SSD can provide the high performance and low latency required for enterprise storage systems.
It's worth noting that the actual performance and suitability of a drive will depend on many factors like the controller, firmware, NAND flash technology and endurance, so it's important to compare the specific specifications of the drive and test the drive in the specific environment before using it.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- MPN : 765066-001
- Type : Solid State Drive (SSD)
- SKU : 765066-001
- Capacity : 2TB
- Bus Interface : PCI-E
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height:0.6 inch
- Width: 2.7 inch
- Depth: 3.9 inch
- Weight: 0.35 lbs
About Refurbished Products
The PCI-e solid-state drives are high-speed expansion cards that facilitate the attachment of peripherals to a computer. Peripheral Component Interconnect Express (PCI-e) is a serial expansion bus standard. There are different sizes of PCI-e slots which are dictated by the total sum of bidirectional lanes at the slot. The PCI-e standard acts as the data transport layer in add-in cards and graphics cards.
PCI-e SSD storage is just another alternative to server-side flash deployment. Using PCI-e SSDs directly introduces flash on the server motherboard which means that a device connects to the host via a non-shared serial link. It will, therefore, eliminate bus sharing between devices. The PCI-e interface helps reduce latency and enhances the data transfer speed.
Features of PCI-e SSD Cards
Generally, PCI-e SSD card has a far better performance compared to SATA SSDs and SAS SSDs as well as the fibre channel solid-state drives. Some of the most notable versions of the PCI-e standard are the PCI-e 3.0 released back in November of 2010 and PCI-e 4.0 released back in 2017. PCI-e 4.0 offers a two-fold increase in bandwidth compared to the PCI-e 3.0 revision. The PCI-e 5.0 was released in 2019 with even greater bandwidth to support faster and efficient performance.
Other standards released by the PCI-SIG are the NVMe (non-volatile memory express). NVMe delivers a highly optimized set of commands for easier accessing of PCI-e SSDs. NVMe is all about exploiting parallelism in PCI-e to enhance performance.
Yet another interface is the M.2 SSDs which is a smaller form factor that is designed for expansion cards that are mounted internally in high-performance workstations and servers. It's a replacement to the mSATA and carries four lanes of bandwidth of the PCI-e 3.0 standard.
We have the following wide range of storage capacities for the PCI-e SSDs to meet all your needs. The capacity options we have here at AllHDD are: 100GB, 240GB, 250GB, 256GB, 280GB, 320GB, 365GB, 375GB, 380GB, 400GB, 480GB, 500GB, 512GB, 750GB, 785GB, 800GB, 960GB, 1TB, 1.2TB, 1.27TB, 1.3TB, 1.5TB, 1.6TB, 1.75TB, 1.79TB, 1.86TB, 1.92TB, 2TB, 2.6TB, 3TB, 3.2TB, 3.5TB, 3.84TB, 4TB, 6.4TB, 7.68TB, 8TB, 11TB, 12.8TB, and 15.36TB.
Overall, the lower latency allows PCI-e and NVMe SSDs to provide fast response times in processing and handling large workloads such as those associated with data warehousing and transaction processing. One of the best applications of PCI-e flash is in data centers where read and write access is in microseconds and is able to meet input/output (I/O) requirements. PCI-e SSDs help in surpassing the bottlenecks that are linked with the use of SAS and SATA SSDs especially in guaranteeing performance in frequent file transfer scenarios. The total sum of PCI-e lanes in an SSD determines the effective data transfer speeds. For example, a 16-lane PCI-e 3.0 device will easily achieve 32 Gbps transfer speeds.
Some of the drawbacks associated with the PCI-e SSDs are the prohibitive costs and high power consumption that leads to shorter battery life.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 765066-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.