The HPE 1.6TB SAS 12GBPS Smart Carrier SSD (part number 765289-004) has the following technical specifications:
- Capacity: 1.6TB
- Interface: SAS 12 Gbps
- Form factor: 2.5-inch small form factor (SFF)
- NAND flash technology: Triple-level cell (TLC)
- Random read performance: Up to 400,000 IOPS
- Random write performance: Up to 40,000 IOPS
- Sequential read performance: Up to 1.4 GB/s
- Sequential write performance: Up to 1 GB/s
- Endurance: Up to 1 DWPD (drive writes per day)
- Mean time between failures (MTBF): 2 million hours
- Power consumption (active): 8.5 watts
- Power consumption (idle): 5.5 watts
- Operating temperature: 0 to 55 degrees Celsius
- Operating shock: 400 G/2 ms
- Operating vibration: 2.17 GRMS (5-700 Hz)
- Dimensions: 70.1mm x 100.45mm x 15mm
- Weight: 190g
Please note that these are the specifications of the drive and the actual performance may vary depending on the system configuration and other factors.
Improves Storage Performance
There are several ways to improve the storage performance of the HPE 1.6TB SAS 12GBPS Smart Carrier SSD (part number 765289-004):
- RAID Configuration: Using RAID 0, RAID 1, or RAID 10 can help increase the performance of the SSD by spreading the data across multiple drives, thus reducing the workload on a single drive.
- Firmware Update: Make sure that the firmware of the SSD is up to date. Firmware updates can improve performance, fix bugs, and enhance the overall stability of the drive.
- Proper Alignment: Properly aligning the SSD on the system can help improve performance. Misaligned partitions can cause increased access time and degraded performance.
- Turn off unnecessary features: Some features like write caching, compression and encryption may cause a decrease in the performance.
- Caching: Use caching software to keep frequently accessed data in the cache, which can improve the performance of read operations.
- Use a high-performance host bus adapter (HBA): Using a high-performance HBA can help improve the performance of the SSD by providing faster data transfer rates between the SSD and the host system.
- Use a host-based storage controller: A storage controller is an essential component of the storage system that provides the interface between the host and the storage device. Using a high-performance controller will help improve the overall performance of the storage system.
Please note that performance improvement may vary depending on the system configuration and the workloads you are running.
Benefits of Using a SAS Interface
The SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface of the HPE 1.6TB SAS 12GBPS Smart Carrier SSD (part number 765289-004) provides several benefits compared to other interfaces such as SATA:
- High-speed data transfer: SAS supports faster data transfer rates of up to 12 Gbps, which is higher than the 6 Gbps supported by SATA. This allows for faster data access and improved overall system performance.
- Improved scalability: SAS supports more devices per channel compared to SATA, which makes it easier to scale storage capacity as needed.
- Better fault tolerance: SAS supports hardware-based error detection and correction, which helps to minimize the risk of data corruption and improve data reliability.
- Dual porting: SAS supports dual-ported devices, which allows for multiple host connections and provides a higher level of availability and redundancy.
- Improved data security: SAS supports advanced security features such as encryption and secure erase.
- Compatibility: SAS is backward-compatible with SATA and SCSI, which means that it can be used with existing systems and devices.
- The SAS interface is also more suitable for business-critical applications, high-availability environments, and those that requires high-performance storage.
Main Informaion of HPE 1.6TB SSD
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Number or SKU# 765289-004
- Device Type: Solid State Drive - Hot-Swap
- Workload Type: Write Intensive (Mainstream Endurance Enterprise Mainstream)
- Interface Type: SAS 12Gbps
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch SFF
- Plug Type: Hot Plug
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier
- Flash Type: MLC
- Bytes per Sector: 512
- Features: TRIM Support
- Bundled with: HPE SmartDrive carrier
Performance of HPE SSD SAS 12GBPS
- Endurance DWPD: 10
- Drive Transfer Rate: 1.2 GBps (external)
- MAX Seq. Reads Throughput (MiB/s): 1000
- MAX Seq. Writes Throughput (MiB/s): 565
- Random Read Average Latency uSec (4KiB, Q1): 125
- Random Write Average Latency uSec (4KiB, Q1): 45
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 103000
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 69000
- MAX Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 132000@Q64
- MAX Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 69000@Q16
- 4KiB Random 70% Read / 30% Write, Queue 32 Performance (IOPS) VI-1: 95000
- 4KiB Random 50% Read / 50% Write, Queue 32 Performance (IOPS) VI-2: 84000
- Power Idle Time: 2.07 Watt
- Power Random Read: 3.40 Watt
- Power Random Write: 3.40 Watt
- Power Sequential Read: 5.63 Watt
- Power Sequential Write: 8.59 Watt
- Power Random R/W: 3.40 Watt
- Environmental Parameters
- Max Operating Temperature: 60 °C
- Min Operating Temperature: 0 °C
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
Compatibility of HPE 800GB SSD
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL420c Gen8 (2.5 inch), BL460c Gen8 (2.5 inch), BL460c Gen9 (2.5 inch), BL460c Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), BL460c Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), BL460c Gen9 Performance (2.5 inch), BL660c Gen8 (2.5 inch), BL660c Gen8 Entry (2.5 inch), BL660c Gen8 Performance (2.5 inch) Servers
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL160 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL160 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL160 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL160 Gen9 Performance (2.5 inch), DL180 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL180 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL180 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL180 Gen9 Storage (2.5 inch), DL20 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL20 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL20 Gen9 Performance (2.5 inch), DL360p Gen8 Special Server (2.5 inch), DL388 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL388 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen8 (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen8 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen8 Entry (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen8 Performance (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen9 Entry (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen9 Performance (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen8 (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen8 Base (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen8 High Performance (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 Database (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-up Base Configuration (2.5 inch) Servers
- HPE ProLiant WS Series: WS460c Gen9 Graphics (2.5 inch), WS460c Gen9 Graphics Expansion (2.5 inch) Servers
- HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL230a Gen9 Compute Tray (2.5 inch), XL230a Gen9 Compute Tray (12G) (2.5 inch), XL230a Gen9 Compute Tray (6G) (2.5 inch), XL250a Gen9 Accelerator Tray (2.5 inch) Servers
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 765289-004 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.