Memory slots, also known as DIMM (Dual In-line Memory Module) slots, are typically located on the motherboard near the CPU (Central Processing Unit). They are usually long, narrow slots that are slightly wider than the memory modules themselves. They can be identified by the label "DIMM" or "Memory" next to them, or by their color, which is often different from the other slots on the motherboard.
On newer motherboards, memory slots are often color-coded to indicate which slots should be used first when installing multiple memory modules. For example, on a motherboard with four memory slots, the first two may be black and the second two may be white, indicating that the black slots should be filled first.
If you are unsure of the location of the memory slots on your motherboard, refer to the motherboard's documentation or the manual that came with your computer. You can also use software utilities like CPU-Z, which can provide detailed information about the system's hardware and help you to identify the memory slots.
It is important to note that the memory slots can vary depending on the motherboard, so it is always recommended to check the motherboard's manual or specifications to confirm the type and number of memory slots available.Aligning and Inserting the New Ram
When aligning and inserting the new RAM into the memory slots on the motherboard, it is important to handle the modules carefully to avoid damage. Here are the general steps to follow:
- Make sure that the computer is turned off and unplugged from the power source. Remove the computer's case to access the motherboard.
- Locate the memory slots on the motherboard. They are typically located near the CPU (Central Processing Unit) and are long, narrow slots that are slightly wider than the memory modules themselves.
- Carefully align the notches on the new RAM module with the notches on the memory slot. The module should fit snugly into the slot and the metal connectors on the bottom of the module should align with the connectors in the slot.
- Gently push down on the top of the module until the latches on the side of the slot click into place. This will secure the module in the slot.
- Repeat the process for any additional modules, making sure to install them in the correct slots.
- Once all the modules are installed, replace the computer's case and power on the computer. The new RAM should be detected and the computer's total memory capacity should increase accordingly.
It is important to make sure that the RAM is properly aligned and inserted to ensure it makes a proper connection with the memory slot and is able to function correctly. If the RAM is not properly inserted, it may not be recognized by the computer or may cause stability issues.Securing the New Ram in the Memory Slot
To secure a new RAM module in a memory slot, first locate the memory slots on the motherboard. They are typically located near the CPU and have a lever or a clip on the side.
- Locate the notch on the RAM module that corresponds to the notch on the memory slot.
- Align the RAM module with the memory slot and gently press down on the module until it clicks into place.
- Push down on the lever or clip to secure the module in place.
It's important to make sure that the RAM is properly seated in the slot and that the lever or clip is securely fastened. If the module is not properly secured, it may not function properly or may be damaged.
It's good practice to wear an anti-static wristband when installing new hardware.General Information of this HPE 805358-512
- Brand Name: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# 805358-512
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- RAM Type: PC4-19200
- Product name: 512GB DDR4 SDRAM memory module
- Storage capacity: 512GB
- Memory technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Number of modules: 8 X 64GB
- Bus speed: 2400mhz DDR4-2400/pc4-19200
- Data integrity check: ecc
- Signal processing: registered
- Cas latency timings: cl17
- Features: 2rx4
- Form factor: 288-pin dimm
Physical Characteristics of HPE Memory
- Dimensions (W X D X H) : 8.89 X 19.81 X 1.91 Cm (3.5 X 7.8 X 0.75 In)
- Weight: 0.45 Kg (1 Lb)
- HPE Proliant Bl460c Gen9
- HPE Proliant Bl660c Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl180 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl360 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl380 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl388 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl560 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl580 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl60 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl80 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Ml110 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Ml150 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Ml350 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl120 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Dl160 Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl170r Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl190r Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl230a Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl250a Gen9
- HPE Proliant 4xxl170r Gen9
- HPE Proliant Xl230b Gen9
- HPE Proliant Ws460c Gen9
- HPE Apollo 2000
- HPE Apollo 4200
- HPE Apollo 4500
- HPE Apollo 6000
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 805358-512 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.