Overview of the HPE Proliant BL460C Gen9 Server
The HPE Proliant BL460C Gen9 is a 2-way blade server that is designed for use in data centers and enterprise environments. This server is part of the HPE ProLiant family of servers, which are known for their high performance, scalability, and reliability.
The BL460C Gen9 server is powered by an Intel Xeon E5-2660 v4 processor, which is a 14-core processor with a base clock speed of 2.0GHz. This processor is designed for use in servers and workstations, and is optimized for use in virtualization, cloud computing, and big data workloads. The processor also supports Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, which allows for up to 28 threads to be processed simultaneously.
The BL460C Gen9 server also features HPE SmartCache, which is a caching technology that enhances the performance of the server by allowing frequently accessed data to be stored in a high-speed cache. This can significantly improve the performance of the server, especially for applications that frequently access the same data.
In terms of memory, the BL460C Gen9 server supports up to 128GB of DDR4 SDRAM, which is a type of memory that is faster and more energy efficient than DDR3 SDRAM. This large amount of memory allows the server to handle large and complex workloads, such as big data and virtualization.
The BL460C Gen9 server also comes with HPE Smart Update, which is a software that makes it easy to update and manage the firmware and drivers of the server. This software allows administrators to schedule updates, roll back changes, and perform other management tasks from a single interface.
In terms of storage, the BL460C Gen9 server can be configured with a variety of storage options, including SAS, SATA, and SSD drives. Additionally, the server can also be configured with RAID controllers, which allow for data redundancy and improved performance.
In terms of networking, the BL460C Gen9 server can be configured with a variety of networking options, including Ethernet and Fibre Channel. This allows the server to be connected to a wide variety of networks, including LANs, WANs, and storage networks.
Overall, the HPE Proliant BL460C Gen9 server is a powerful and versatile server that is well-suited for use in data centers and enterprise environments. With its powerful processor, large amount of memory, and advanced features, this server is capable of handling a wide variety of workloads and providing high levels of performance and reliability.
Intel Xeon E5-2660 V4 Trocessor and Its Features
- Processor overview: The Intel Xeon E5-2660 v4 is a 64-bit 14-core x86 microprocessor that is part of the Xeon E5-2600 v4 family.
- CPU clock speed: The processor has a base clock speed of 2.0 GHz and can reach a maximum turbo frequency of 3.3 GHz.
- Core count: The E5-2660 v4 has 14 cores and 28 threads, which allows for efficient multitasking and parallel processing.
- L3 cache: The processor has 35.75 MB of L3 cache, which provides fast access to frequently used data.
- Memory support: The E5-2660 v4 supports DDR4 memory with a maximum speed of 2400 MHz and a maximum memory bandwidth of 76.8 GB/s.
- TDP: The processor has a TDP (thermal design power) of 105W, which is the maximum amount of power it can consume.
- Virtualization support: The E5-2660 v4 supports Intel Virtualization Technology, which enables multiple operating systems to run on the same physical server.
- Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX): The processor supports AVX, which is a 256-bit instruction set extension that improves the performance of floating-point-intensive applications.
- Intel Hyper-Threading Technology: The E5-2660 v4 supports Intel Hyper-Threading Technology, which allows each core to handle two threads simultaneously, improving performance.
- Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0: The processor supports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, which automatically increases the clock speed of the cores when more performance is needed, and reduces the clock speed when power savings is a priority.
- Intel Advanced Vector Extensions 512 (AVX-512): The processor supports AVX-512, which is an instruction set extension that improves the performance of floating-point-intensive applications by allowing 512-bit vector operations.
- Intel QuickAssist Technology (QAT): The processor supports Intel QAT, which provides hardware acceleration for cryptographic and compression workloads.
- Intel AES-NI: The processor supports Intel AES-NI, which provides hardware acceleration for Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) encryption and decryption.
- Intel Resource Director Technology (RDT): The processor supports Intel RDT, which provides hardware-level controls for sharing and managing system resources, such as cache and memory bandwidth.
- Intel Memory Bandwidth Allocation Technology (MBA): The processor supports Intel MBA, which allows the system to dynamically adjust memory bandwidth based on application needs, improving performance and power efficiency.
HPE SmartCache and Its Advantages
HPE SmartCache is a caching feature that allows the HPE ProLiant BL460C Gen9 server to use a portion of its memory as a cache for frequently accessed data. This can help to improve the performance of the server by reducing the amount of time it takes to access commonly used data. The advantages of HPE SmartCache include:
- Improved Performance: By caching frequently accessed data, HPE SmartCache can significantly improve the performance of the server, particularly in environments where data is accessed frequently.
- Reduced Latency: Caching data locally on the server can reduce the latency associated with accessing data from a remote storage location. This can help to improve the responsiveness of the server and reduce the time it takes to perform certain tasks.
- Increased Storage Efficiency: By caching data locally, HPE SmartCache can help to reduce the amount of data that needs to be stored on remote storage devices, which can help to increase storage efficiency and reduce costs.
- Easy to Use: HPE SmartCache is easy to configure and manage, which means that it can be quickly and easily implemented in most environments. Additionally, HPE SmartCache can be managed through the HPE Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) management interface, which allows administrators to monitor and manage the server remotely.
HPE Smart Update and its Capabilities
HPE Smart Update is a firmware and software updating tool for HPE ProLiant servers. It simplifies the process of updating firmware, drivers, and system software on HPE ProLiant servers. HPE Smart Update can be used to update firmware and software components individually or in bulk. The tool can also be used to automate the update process for multiple servers.
One of the key advantages of HPE Smart Update is that it allows for easy and efficient updating of firmware and software on HPE ProLiant servers. This can help to ensure that your server is running the latest versions of firmware and software, which can help to improve performance and security. Additionally, HPE Smart Update can also be used to automate the update process, which can save time and reduce the risk of human error.
General Information 813196-B21 HPE
- Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard Enterprise(HPE)
- MPN : 813196-B21
- Type: Server
- Server Type: Proliant BL460C
- Product Name : Proliant Bl460c Gen9 2-Way Blade Server
Processor & Chipset
- Processor Type : Intel Xeon E5-2660V4/2.0GHz
- Max Turbo Speed : 3.2 GHz
- Number Of Cores : 14-Core
- 64-BIT COMPUTING : YES
- Installed Qty : 2
- Max Supported Qty : 2
- Upgradability : Upgradable
- Chipset Type : Intel C600
- Processor Main Features : Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2
- Cache Memory Type : L3 Cache
- Installed Size : 70 MB
- Cache Per Processor : 35 MB
- Installed Size : 128 GB
- Maximum Size : 512 GB
- Technology : DDR4 SDRAM
- Memory Speed : 2400 MHz
- Memory Specification Compliance : Pc4-19200
- Form Factor : Dimm 288-Pin
- Online Spare Memory
- Load-Reduced Dimm (Lrdimm)
- Hpe Smartmemory
- Configuration Features : 4 X 32 Gb
- Ram Supported :
- Pc4-19200 - 256 Gb - Registered - Ecc
- Pc4-19200 - 512 Gb - Load-Reduced - Ecc
Storage & Storage Controller
- Hard Drive : None
- Storage Controller Type : 1 X Sas-3 - Pcie 3.0 X8
- Controller Interface Type : Sata 6gb/S / Sas 12gb/S
- Storage Controller Type : Hp H244br Smart Host Bus Adapter
- Raid Level : Raid 0, Raid 1
Display & Graphics Controllers
- Graphics Processor : Matrox G200eh
Networking & Communication
- Interface (Bus) Type : Flexiblelom
- Ethernet Ports : 2 X 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Ethernet Controller(S) : Hp Flexfabric 536flb
- Data Link Protocol : Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel Over Ethernet (Fcoe)
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp, Ipmi 2.0, Smash Clp
- Remote Management Controller : Integrated Lights-Out 4
- Features : Wake On Lan (Wol)
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.1P, IEEE 802.3X, IEEE 802.3AD (LACP), IEEE 802.3AE, IEEE 802.3AP, IEEE 802.1QAU
Dimensions & Weight
- Depth : 20.4 Inch
- Width : 2.2 Inch
- Height : 7.1 Inch
- Weight : 10.47 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.