Introduction to the HPE 16GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory
The HPE ProLiant Gen9 server is an enterprise-class server designed to provide high performance, reliability, and security for businesses. To support its high-performance computing needs, the server requires high-quality memory. HPE Smart Memory is a type of memory that is specifically designed for HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers. The 836220-B21 16GB (1X16GB) 2400mhz Pc4-19200 Cas-17 Ecc Registered Dual Rank X4 DDR4 SDRAM 288-pin Dimm Genuine HPE Smart Memory Proliant Gen9 for Server is a specific model of HPE Smart Memory that is compatible with the HPE ProLiant Gen9 server. In this article, we will explain in detail what the different components of this memory module are and how they work together to provide high-performance memory for the HPE ProLiant Gen9 server.
Memory Module Specifications
The 836220-B21 16GB (1X16GB) 2400mhz Pc4-19200 Cas-17 Ecc Registered Dual Rank X4 DDR4 SDRAM 288-pin Dimm Genuine HPE Smart Memory Proliant Gen9 for Server is a high-quality memory module that has been specifically designed for the HPE ProLiant Gen9 server. It has a capacity of 16GB, which means it can store up to 16 gigabytes of data. The module has a clock speed of 2400mhz, which means it can transfer data at a rate of 2.4 gigabytes per second.
The module uses DDR4 SDRAM technology, which is a type of memory technology that is designed to provide high-speed data transfer rates. The module also has a CAS latency of 17, which is a measure of the time it takes for the memory module to respond to a command. The lower the CAS latency, the faster the memory module can respond to commands.
The 836220-B21 memory module is also ECC Registered, which means it uses error-correcting code (ECC) technology to detect and correct errors in the data stored in the memory module. This helps to ensure that the data stored in the memory module is accurate and reliable.
Dual Rank X4
The 836220-B21 memory module is a dual-rank memory module, which means it has two sets of memory chips that are accessed independently by the memory controller. This allows the memory module to provide more memory bandwidth than a single-rank memory module. The X4 in the name of the memory module refers to the number of banks on the memory module. The X4 indicates that the memory module has four banks.
The 836220-B21 memory module is a 288-pin DIMM (dual in-line memory module). The DIMM is the physical form factor of the memory module. It is a small circuit board that contains memory chips and other components. The 288 pins on the DIMM are used to connect the memory module to the memory controller on the motherboard of the server.
Genuine HPE Smart Memory
The 836220-B21 memory module is a genuine HPE Smart Memory module, which means it has been specifically designed and tested for use in HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers. HPE Smart Memory is designed to provide high performance, reliability, and compatibility with HPE ProLiant Gen9 servers. Genuine HPE Smart Memory modules undergo rigorous testing to ensure they meet HPE's strict quality standards.
General Information about the HPE 836220-B21
- Brand Name: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# 836220-B21
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- RAM Type: PC4-19200
- Product Name: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory Module
- Storage Capacity: 16GB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Number Of Modules: 1 X 16GB
- Bus Speed: 2400mhz DDR4-2400/PC4-19200
- Data Integrity Check: Ecc
- Signal Processing: Registered
- Cas Latency Timings: Cl17
- Features: 2rx4
- Form Factor: 240-Pin Dimm
- Dimensions (W X D X H) : 8.89 X 19.81 X 1.91 Cm (3.5 X 7.8 X 0.75 In)
- Weight: 0.45 Kg (1 Lb)
- HPE Apollo 4200 Gen9, 4200 Gen9 for Google, 4520 Gen9
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL460c Gen9, BL460c Gen9 Base, BL460c Gen9 Entry, BL460c Gen9 Performance
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 Gen9, DL120 Gen9 Entry, DL160 Gen9, DL160 Gen9 Base, DL160 Gen9 Entry, DL160 Gen9 Performance, DL180 Gen9, DL180 Gen9 Base, DL180 Gen9 Entry, DL180 Gen9 Storage, DL360 Gen9, DL360 Gen9 Base, DL360 Gen9 CMS, DL360 Gen9 Entry, DL360 Gen9 Performance, DL360 Gen9 Special Server, DL380 Gen9, DL380 Gen9 Base, DL380 Gen9 Entry, DL380 Gen9 High Performance, DL380 Gen9 Performance, DL388 Gen9, DL388 Gen9 Base, DL580 Gen9, DL580 Gen9 Database, DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-out Base Configuration, DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-up Base Configuration, DL60 Gen9, DL60 Gen9 Base, DL60 Gen9 Entry, DL80 Gen9, DL80 Gen9 Base, DL80 Gen9 Entry
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 Gen9, ML110 Gen9 Base, ML110 Gen9 Entry, ML150 Gen9, ML150 Gen9 Base, ML150 Gen9 Entry, ML150 Gen9 Performance, ML350 Gen9, ML350 Gen9 Base, ML350 Gen9 Entry, ML350 Gen9 Performance
- HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL230a Gen9 NHP Compute Tray (12G), XL250a Gen9 Accelerator Tray, XL270d Gen9, XL2x260w
- HPE SimpliVity 380 Gen9 Node
- HPE Synergy 480 Gen9 Compute Module, 480 Gen9 Expanded Storage Compute Module
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
About New Bulk Pack Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 836220-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.