Product Details of the HPE 846740-001
The 846740-001 is a type of computer memory module. Specifically, it is a 16GB (1X16GB) DDR4 SDRAM module with an ECC registered dual-rank x4 configuration, operating at a speed of 2400MHz. It is designed to be used with HPE Proliant Gen9 servers, which are high-performance, enterprise-level servers used in data centers and other large-scale computing environments. In this article, we will provide an in-depth explanation of what each of these specifications means and how they contribute to the performance of a server.
DDR4 SDRAM stands for Double Data Rate 4 Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory. It is a type of volatile memory, meaning that its contents are lost when the power is turned off. DDR4 is the fourth generation of DDR memory and is currently the most widely used type of memory in modern computers. It is faster and more energy-efficient than its predecessor, DDR3, and is capable of higher memory densities.
ECC stands for Error-Correcting Code. ECC memory is a type of memory that includes additional data bits to detect and correct single-bit errors that can occur during data transmission. ECC memory is often used in mission-critical systems where data integrity is of utmost importance, such as in servers and data centers.
Registered memory, also known as buffered memory, is a type of memory module that includes an additional register between the memory controller and the memory chips. This register helps to reduce the electrical load on the memory controller and allows for larger memory configurations. Registered memory is often used in servers and other high-performance computing environments.
Dual Rank X4
The 846740-001 memory module is a dual-rank module. This means that it contains two sets of memory chips, or ranks, that can be accessed independently. Dual-rank modules are typically faster than single-rank modules because they can handle more data in parallel.
The X4 designation refers to the number of memory chips on each rank and the width of each chip's data path. X4 memory chips are 4 bits wide, which means that each chip can store or retrieve 4 bits of data at a time. The wider data path allows for faster data transfers and higher memory bandwidth.
The 846740-001 memory module operates at a speed of 2400MHz. Memory speed, also known as memory frequency, refers to the rate at which the memory module can transfer data. The higher the memory speed, the faster the memory module can transfer data.
CAS stands for Column Address Strobe. It is a timing parameter that determines how many clock cycles it takes for the memory controller to access a specific column of memory. CAS latency, also known as CL, is measured in clock cycles. A lower CAS latency indicates faster memory access times.
The 846740-001 memory module has a CAS latency of 17, which means that it takes 17 clock cycles for the memory controller to access a specific column of memory. This is a relatively low CAS latency and indicates fast memory access times.
The 846740-001 memory module is a 288-pin DIMM, which stands for Dual Inline Memory Module. DIMMs are a type of memory module used in desktop and server computers. The number of pins on a DIMM determines the type of memory module and the type of slot it can be installed in.
Smart Memory is a term used by HPE to describe their memory modules that include additional features and capabilities beyond standard memory modules. Smart Memory includes features such as advanced error correction, performance tuning, and health monitoring.
General Information about the HPE 846740-001
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# 846740-001
- Type: Memory (RAM)
- RAM Type: PC4-19200
- Product Name: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM Memory Module
- Storage Capacity: 16GB
- Memory Technology: DDR4 SDRAM
- Number Of Modules: 1 X 16GB
- Bus Speed: 2400mhz DDR4-2400/PC4-19200
- Data Integrity Check: Ecc
- Signal Processing: Registered
- Cas Latency Timings: Cl17
- Features: 2rx4
- Form Factor: 288-Pin Dimm
Physical Characteristics HPE 846740-001
- Dimensions (W X D X H) : 8.89 X 19.81 X 1.91 Cm (3.5 X 7.8 X 0.75 In)
- Weight: 0.45 Kg (1 Lb)
Compatibility of 16GB DDR4 RAM
- HPE Apollo 4200 Gen9, 4200 Gen9 for Google, 4520 Gen9
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL460c Gen9, BL460c Gen9 Base, BL460c Gen9 Entry, BL460c Gen9 Performance
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 Gen9, DL120 Gen9 Entry, DL160 Gen9, DL160 Gen9 Base, DL160 Gen9 Entry, DL160 Gen9 Performance, DL180 Gen9, DL180 Gen9 Base, DL180 Gen9 Entry, DL180 Gen9 Storage, DL360 Gen9, DL360 Gen9 Base, DL360 Gen9 CMS, DL360 Gen9 Entry, DL360 Gen9 Performance, DL360 Gen9 Special Server, DL380 Gen9, DL380 Gen9 Base, DL380 Gen9 Entry, DL380 Gen9 High Performance, DL380 Gen9 Performance, DL388 Gen9, DL388 Gen9 Base, DL580 Gen9, DL580 Gen9 Database, DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-out Base Configuration, DL580 Gen9 SAP HANA Scale-up Base Configuration, DL60 Gen9, DL60 Gen9 Base, DL60 Gen9 Entry, DL80 Gen9, DL80 Gen9 Base, DL80 Gen9 Entry
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 Gen9, ML110 Gen9 Base, ML110 Gen9 Entry, ML150 Gen9, ML150 Gen9 Base, ML150 Gen9 Entry, ML150 Gen9 Performance, ML350 Gen9, ML350 Gen9 Base, ML350 Gen9 Entry, ML350 Gen9 Performance
- HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL230a Gen9 NHP Compute Tray (12G), XL250a Gen9 Accelerator Tray, XL270d Gen9, XL2x260w
- HPE SimpliVity 380 Gen9 Node
- HPE Synergy 480 Gen9 Compute Module, 480 Gen9 Expanded Storage Compute Module
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 846740-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.