High-Speed SAS Interface
The HPE 8TB SAS Hard Drive is equipped with a SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) interface, which provides fast data transfer rates of up to 12Gbps. SAS is a high-performance interface that is designed for use in enterprise-level systems, where data needs to be accessed and processed quickly and efficiently.
SAS interface is a point-to-point, serial data transfer interface, which provides faster data transfer speeds than traditional parallel SCSI interfaces. It also supports full-duplex data transfer, which means that data can be sent and received at the same time, increasing the performance of the drive.
The 12Gbps SAS interface of the HPE 8TB SAS Hard Drive allows for fast data transfer, which can improve system performance and help to increase storage density in a server or storage array. It also backwards compatible with previous SAS generations, which allows for easy integration into existing systems.
This feature makes the HPE 8TB SAS Hard Drive a great choice for enterprise-level systems that require fast data access and high-performance storage. It is suitable for applications such as large databases, virtualization, and other heavy workloads where the speed of data transfer is critical.
7.2K RPM Spindle Speed for Optimal Performance
The HPE 8TB SAS Hard Drive has a 7.2K RPM spindle speed, which is a measure of how fast the drive's platters are spinning. This speed is considered to be a balance between performance and power consumption.
The 7.2K RPM spindle speed of the HPE 8TB SAS Hard Drive is designed to provide optimal performance for enterprise-level systems. The faster the spindle speed, the quicker the drive can access data, which can improve system performance.
The 7.2K RPM spindle speed also enables the drive to deliver high-performance data transfer rates, which is ideal for applications that require fast data access such as large databases, virtualization, and other heavy workloads. It also helps to reduce latency, which is the time it takes for the drive to access and retrieve data.
Additionally, this spindle speed also increases durability, reliability and longevity of the drive. It is also designed for 24/7 continuous operation, which makes it suitable for use in mission-critical applications where downtime is not an option.
Compatible with HPE Servers and Storage Arrays
The HPE 8TB SAS Hard Drive is compatible with HPE servers and storage arrays. This means that it can be easily installed and used in these systems without any additional hardware or software requirements.
HPE servers and storage arrays are designed for use in enterprise-level environments, where high-performance storage and fast data access are critical. By using a hard drive that is specifically designed for use with these systems, users can ensure that they are getting the best performance and reliability possible.
The HPE 8TB SAS Hard Drive is fully tested and qualified by HPE, which means that it has undergone rigorous testing to ensure that it meets the high standards of quality and reliability that HPE is known for. This also means that the drive can be integrated seamlessly into HPE servers and storage arrays, without any compatibility issues.
Furthermore, this drive is also compatible with the HPE's Smart Array Controllers, which can provide advanced data protection, data encryption, and RAID functionality.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- MPN: 861590-H21
- Type: Hard Disk Drive(HDD)
- SSD-Type: SAS-12GBPS
- Capacity: 8TB
- SKU: 861590-H21
- Option Part Number: 861590-H21
- Spare Part Number: 861607-001
- Model Number: MB008000JWAYH
- Assembly Number: 857642-001
- Device Type: Hard Drive - Hot-Swap
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch LFF
- Bytes per Sector: 512
- Plug Type: Hot Plug
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier
- Workload Type: Midline
- Features: Advanced format 512e
- Bundled With: HPE SmartDrive carrier
- Drive Transfer Rate: 12 Gb/sec (external)
- Seek Time: 8 ms (average) / 16 ms (max)
- Track-to-Track Seek Time: 0.22 ms
- Spindle Speed: 7200 RPM
- Min Operating Temperature: 50 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 95 °F
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 4 Inch
- Depth : 5.8 Inch
- Height : 1 Inch
- Weight : 1.52 Lbs
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL120 Gen9 (3.5"), DL120 Gen9 Entry (3.5"), DL180 Gen9 (3.5"), DL180 Gen9 Base (3.5"), DL180 Gen9 Entry (3.5"), DL180 Gen9 Storage (3.5"), DL20 Gen9 (3.5"), DL20 Gen9 Entry (3.5"), DL20 Gen9 Performance (3.5"), DL20 Gen9 Solution (3.5"), DL360 Gen10 (3.5"), DL360 Gen10 Base (3.5"), DL360 Gen10 Entry (3.5"), DL360 Gen10 High Performance (3.5"), DL360 Gen10 Low (3.5"), DL360 Gen10 Performance (3.5"), DL360 Gen10 Solution (3.5"), DL380 Gen10 (3.5"), DL380 Gen10 Base (3.5"), DL380 Gen10 Entry (3.5"), DL380 Gen10 High Performance (3.5"), DL380 Gen10 Performance (3.5"), DL380 Gen10 Solution (3.5"), DL385 Gen10 (3.5"), DL385 Gen10 Base (3.5"), DL385 Gen10 Entry (3.5"), DL385 Gen10 High-Performance (3.5"), DL385 Gen10 Performance (3.5"), DL385 Gen10 Solution (3.5"), DL388 Gen9 (3.5"), DL388 Gen9 Base (3.5"), DL60 Gen9 (3.5"), DL60 Gen9 Base (3.5"), DL60 Gen9 Entry (3.5"), DL80 Gen9 (3.5"), DL80 Gen9 Base (3.5"), DL80 Gen9 Entry (3.5")
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 Gen9 (3.5"), ML110 Gen9 Base (3.5"), ML110 Gen9 Entry (3.5"), ML150 Gen9 (3.5"), ML150 Gen9 Base (3.5"), ML150 Gen9 Entry (3.5"), ML150 Gen9 Performance (3.5"), ML30 Gen9 Entry (3.5"), ML30 Gen9 Solution (3.5")
- HPE StoreEasy 1450
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.