Compatibility and Installation
The 868830-B21 HPE 3.84TB SATA 6GBPS SC Read Intensive DS SSD is compatible with a wide range of HPE servers and storage systems. Installation instructions can be found in the user manual for your specific device, as well as on HPE's website. It is recommended to consult with a certified technician or HPE support for proper installation.
Maintenance and Troubleshooting
The HPE 868830-B21 is a 3.84 TB SATA solid-state drive (SSD) with a 6 Gbps data transfer rate. It is designed for read-intensive workloads.
To maintain optimal performance, it is recommended to keep the drive's firmware up to date, ensure proper cooling and airflow, and periodically check the drive's health using diagnostic software.
In case of troubleshooting, the first step would be to check the drive's health status by running diagnostic software. If the drive is found to be faulty, it may need to be replaced. In case of performance issues, it is recommended to check the system's cooling and airflow, ensure the drive is properly connected, and check the system's resource usage to ensure that it is not overloading the drive.
Types of Solid State Drives
There are several types of solid state drives (SSDs), including:
- SATA SSDs: These are the most common type of SSD and use the SATA interface to connect to a computer. They are often used as a replacement for traditional hard drives.
- NVMe SSDs: These SSDs use the NVMe interface, which is faster than SATA, and are often used in high-performance computers and servers.
- SAS SSDs: These SSDs use the SAS interface and are often used in enterprise storage systems.
- PCIe SSDs: These SSDs use the PCIe interface, which is faster than SATA and NVMe, and are often used in high-performance computers and servers.
- mSATA SSDs: These SSDs are similar to SATA SSDs, but are smaller in size, and are often used in ultrabooks and other compact devices.
- M.2 SSDs: These SSDs are similar to mSATA SSDs, but are even smaller in size and are often used in ultrabooks and other compact devices.
- read-intensive SSDs: These SSDs are optimized for read-intensive applications, such as data warehousing, video-on-demand (VOD) systems, and online transaction processing (OLTP) systems.
- Write-intensive SSDs: These SSDs are optimized for write-intensive applications, such as logging and caching.
The 868830-B21 HPE 3.84TB SATA 6GBPS SC Read Intensive DS SSD is a read-intensive SSD that uses the SATA interface and has a capacity of 3.84TB.
- Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- MPN: 868830-B21
- Spare Part Number: 868932-001
- Model Number: VK003840GWCFK
- Assembly Number: 866615-005
- SKU: 868830-B21
- Type: Hot-Swap Solid State Drive
- SSD Type: SATA-6GBPS
- Capacity: 3.84 TB
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch SFF
- Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier (SC)
- Workload Type: Read Intensive
- Features: Digitally Signed Firmware
- Bundled with: HPE SmartDrive Carrier
- Lifetime Writes: 6512
- Endurance DWPD (Drive Writes Per Day): 0.8
- Drive Transfer Rate (External): 6 GB/Sec
- Internal Data Rate (Read): 530 MBPS
- Internal Data Rate (Write): 490 MBPS
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 63500
- Max Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 75500@Q32
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 27500
- Max Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 27500@Q1
- Random Read Latency: 120
- Random Write Latency: 36
- Power Consumption: 9 Watt
- Compliant Standards: WEEE
- Min Operating Temperature: 32 °F
- Max Operating Temperature: 140 °F
Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL460c Gen10 (2.5 inch)
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL360 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 High Performance (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Low (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Solution (2.5 inch), DL388 Gen9 (2.5 inch), DL388 Gen9 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL560 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen10 (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), DL580 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch)
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML350 Gen10 (2.5 inch), ML350 Gen10 Base (2.5 inch), ML350 Gen10 Entry (2.5 inch), ML350 Gen10 Performance (2.5 inch), ML350 Gen10 Solution (2.5 inch), ML350 Gen10 Sub-Entry (2.5 inch)
- HPE ProLiant XL Series: XL190r Gen9 (2.5 inch)
- HPE StoreEasy 1850
- HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Base Compute Module (2.5 inch), 480 Gen10 Entry Compute Module (2.5 inch), 480 Gen10 Performance Compute Module (2.5 inch), 480 Gen10 Premium Backplane Compute Module (2.5 inch), 480 Gen10 Standard BackPlane Compute Module (2.5 inch), 480 Gen10 w/o Drives Compute Module (2.5 inch), 660 Gen10 Base Compute Module (2.5 inch), 660 Gen10 Compute Module (2.5 inch), 660 Gen10 Entry Compute Module (2.5 inch), 660 Gen10 Performance Compute Module (2.5 inch), 660 Gen10 Premium Compute Module (2.5 inch)
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 868830-B21 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.