Key Information of HPE 870667-002 SSD
- HPE 870667-002 480GB 2.5inch SATA-6Gbps Smart Carrier Read Intensive Solid State Drive for ProLiant Servers
- Brand Name: HPE
- Model Number or SKU # 870667-002
- Device Type: Solid State Drive - Hot-Swap
- Capacity: 480 GB
- Form Factor: 2.5 Inch SFF
- Interface: SATA 6GBPS
- NAND Flash Memory Type: Triple-level cell (TLC)
- Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
- Workload Type: Read Intensive
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier (SC)
- Features: Digitally Signed Firmware
- Bundled with: HPE SmartDrive Carrier
- Platform Supported: HPE ProLiant Rack/Tower/BladeSystem Servers/Synergy
- Height: 7 mm
Performance of HPE 870667-002 480GB SSD
- Lifetime Writes: 450
- Endurance DWPD: 0.50
- Drive Transfer Rate: 600 MBps (External)
- MAX Seq. Reads Throughput (MiB/s): 505
- MAX Seq. Writes Throughput (MiB/s): 380
- Random Read Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 125
- Random Write Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 40
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 61000
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 34000
- Max Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 67000@Q32
- Max Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 34000@Q4
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 0.63 inch
- Width: 3.10 inch
- Depth: 5.45 inch
- Weight: 1.50 lbs
Expansion & Connectivity
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA 6 GB/s
- Compatible Bay: 2.5 inch SFF
Compatibility Information of HPE 870667-002 480GB SATA-6GBPS SSD
- HPE ProLiant BL Series: BL420c (Gen8 Gen9) BL460c (Gen8 Gen9) BL465c (Gen8 Gen9) BL660c (Gen8 Gen9)
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL20 (Gen9) DL60 (Gen9) DL80 (Gen9) DL120 (Gen8 Gen9) DL160 (Gen8 Gen9) DL180 (Gen8 Gen9) DL320e (Gen8 Gen9) DL360 (Gen8 Gen9) DL360e (Gen8 Gen9) DL360p (Gen8 Gen9) DL388 (Gen9) DL380 (Gen8 Gen9) DL380e (Gen8 Gen9) DL380p (Gen8 Gen9) DL385 (Gen10) DL388 (Gen10) DL385p (Gen8 Gen9) DL560 (Gen8 Gen9) DL580 (Gen8 Gen9)
- HPE ProLiant ML Series: ML110 (Gen8 Gen9) ML150 (Gen8 Gen9) ML310e (Gen8 Gen9) ML350 (Gen8 Gen9) ML350e (Gen8 Gen9) ML350p (Gen8 Gen9)
- HPE ProLiant SL Series: SL230s (Gen8 Gen9) SL250s (Gen8 Gen9) SL270s (Gen8 Gen9)
- HPE ProLiant Series: XL170r (Gen9) XL190r (Gen9) XL220a (Gen9) XL230a (Gen9) XL250a (Gen9)
- HPE Storage Arrays: D3700 D2220sb StoreEasy 1830 1840
- HPE Synergy Systems: D3940 Storage Module
About New Bulk Pack Products
SATA 6GB/S SSD (Solid State Drive)
When high-end computer or server hardware comes into the picture, it is always a great idea to push the performance bar higher. Until users begin to use devices that are faster than conventional disks, then some benchmark grades would be significantly hampered. This is where SATA drives come into the picture.
SATA drives remain the most commonly used storage devices in mid-range PCs and desktop computers. They are compatible with several computer motherboards and operating systems. As such, they are one of the best storage solutions available. SATA drives are also typically used in popular gaming consoles.
They offer impressive storage capacity and excellent transmission speed. Now, the magic of SSDs is in the dazzling amount of data they send through SATA ports. Not only do they do that, but the solid-state technology allows them to respond to storage requirements efficiently. They do this with the fastest of speeds.
Their response time is incredible, allowing users across different levels to enjoy their use. The evolution of SSDs has seen them have much faster transfer rates. In addition to offering faster response times, these drives can almost saturate the entirety of a SATA port.
SATA 6GB/S Benefits
Users wonder about the need for or the benefits of adopting the SATA 6GB/S technology. This may result from hard drives current inability to fill the SATA 3.0 pipe at the 6GB/S speeds. However, SATA III ports now support bandwidths that are up to 6GBPs. There are several benefits to gain from using solid-state drives with a SATA 6GB S interface.
SATA 6GB S SSD Improved Performance
Users should expect improved performances and cache-efficient desktop applications. This interface would ensure that operations such as graphics design, video editing, and gaming become a lot faster. Compatible solid-state drives will reach faster sequential read-write speed rates. That way, users will see improved user experience and productivity, regardless of the activity they perform.
Compatibility SSD SATA 6.0 GB S
Another great advantage of these drives is that they work well with older components. They are backward compatible with SATA II and SATA I interfaces. Therefore, users do not need to change their old PCs or desktop computers before using these drives.
Improved Space Management
When compared to the PATA connectors, SATA drives are much smaller. This allows them to adapt to even the smallest PC cases, enabling better airflow among components. The SATA 6GBPS drives are suitable for connecting SSDs and optical drives to a motherboard. They do this without taking much space, thanks to the flat designs.
Bigger Cache Memories SATA 6.0 gb s
Renowned disk drive vendors are now equipping these drives with bigger and faster cache memories. This way, any application in use can predict what data a user is likely to need next. With this, they help to increase data transfer rates of SATA 6GBPS SSD with smart fetching and caching algorithms. The technology ensures no delay in retrieving information that has been pre-fetched and stored in the cache.
The Ultimate Performance Booster
Incremental investment in SATA 6GB/S drives can yield incredible improvement in performance. They have been amplified for higher capacities to be the mainstream high-performance devices.