Main Information of HPE 870668-003
- HPE 870668-003 960GB 3.5inch SATA-6Gbps Smart Carrier Converter Mixed Use Solid State Drive for ProLiant Servers
- Brand Name: HPE
- Model Number or SKU # 870668-003
- Device Type: Solid State Drive - Hot-Swap
- Capacity: 960 GB
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch LFF
- Interface: SATA 6Gbps
- Features: Digitally Signed Firmware
- Carrier Type: Smart Carrier Converter
- NAND Flash Memory Type: Multi-level cell (MLC)
- Plug Type: Hot Pluggable
- Workload Type: Mixed Use
- Bundled With: HPE Smart Carrier Converter
Performance of HPE 870668-003 960GB SSD
- Lifetime Writes: 8800
- Endurance DWPD: 5.0
- Drive Transfer Rate: 600 MBps (external)
- MAX Seq. Reads Throughput (MiB/s): 510
- MAX Seq. Writes Throughput (MiB/s): 480
- Random Read Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 130
- Random Write Average Latency uSec (4KiB,Q1): 40
- Random Read IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 60000
- Random Write IOPS (4KiB, Q=16): 52500
- Max Random Read IOPS (4KiB): 67500@Q32
- Max Random Write IOPS (4KiB): 52500@Q16
Expansion & Connectivity of HPE 870668-003 960GB SATA-6GBPS SSD
- Interfaces: 1 x SATA 6Gb/s
- Compatible Bay: 3.5" LFF
Product Dimensions & Weight
- Height: 5.63 inch
- Width: 3.75 inch
- Depth: 7.00 inch
- Weight: 1.35 lbs
- Idle Time: 3.22 Watt
- Random Read: 5.31 Watt
- Random Write: 11.56 Watt
- Sequential Read: 5.22 Watt
- Sequential Write: 11.04 Watt
- Random Read/Write: 6.53 Watt
- Power MAX: 3.00 Watt
Compatibility Information of HPE 870668-003 960GB Mixed Use SSD
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL20 Gen9 Solution (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Base (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Entry (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 High Performance (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Low (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Performance (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 SMB (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen10 Solution (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen9 (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen9 Base (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen9 CMS (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen9 Entry (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen9 Performance (3.5 inch), DL360 Gen9 Special Server (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 Base (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 Entry (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 Entry SMB (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 for Cohesity DataPlatform (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 High Performance (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 Performance (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 SMB (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen10 Solution (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Base (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Entry (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 High Performance (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Performance (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Scale-up SAP HANA Tailored Datacenter Integration Compute Block (3.5 inch), DL380 Gen9 Special (3.5 inch)
SATA 6GB/S SSD (Solid State Drive)
When high-end computer or server hardware comes into the picture, it is always a great idea to push the performance bar higher. Until users begin to use devices that are faster than conventional disks, then some benchmark grades would be significantly hampered. This is where SATA drives come into the picture.
SATA drives remain the most commonly used storage devices in mid-range PCs and desktop computers. They are compatible with several computer motherboards and operating systems. As such, they are one of the best storage solutions available. SATA drives are also typically used in popular gaming consoles.
They offer impressive storage capacity and excellent transmission speed. Now, the magic of SSDs is in the dazzling amount of data they send through SATA ports. Not only do they do that, but the solid-state technology allows them to respond to storage requirements efficiently. They do this with the fastest of speeds.
Their response time is incredible, allowing users across different levels to enjoy their use. The evolution of SSDs has seen them have much faster transfer rates. In addition to offering faster response times, these drives can almost saturate the entirety of a SATA port.
SATA 6GB/S Benefits
Users wonder about the need for or the benefits of adopting the SATA 6GB/S technology. This may result from hard drives current inability to fill the SATA 3.0 pipe at the 6GB/S speeds. However, SATA III ports now support bandwidths that are up to 6GBPs. There are several benefits to gain from using solid-state drives with a SATA 6GB S interface.
SATA 6GB S SSD Improved Performance
Users should expect improved performances and cache-efficient desktop applications. This interface would ensure that operations such as graphics design, video editing, and gaming become a lot faster. Compatible solid-state drives will reach faster sequential read-write speed rates. That way, users will see improved user experience and productivity, regardless of the activity they perform.
Compatibility SSD SATA 6.0 GB S
Another great advantage of these drives is that they work well with older components. They are backward compatible with SATA II and SATA I interfaces. Therefore, users do not need to change their old PCs or desktop computers before using these drives.
Improved Space Management
When compared to the PATA connectors, SATA drives are much smaller. This allows them to adapt to even the smallest PC cases, enabling better airflow among components. The SATA 6GBPS drives are suitable for connecting SSDs and optical drives to a motherboard. They do this without taking much space, thanks to the flat designs.
Bigger Cache Memories SATA 6.0 gb s
Renowned disk drive vendors are now equipping these drives with bigger and faster cache memories. This way, any application in use can predict what data a user is likely to need next. With this, they help to increase data transfer rates of SATA 6GBPS SSD with smart fetching and caching algorithms. The technology ensures no delay in retrieving information that has been pre-fetched and stored in the cache.
The Ultimate Performance Booster
Incremental investment in SATA 6GB/S drives can yield incredible improvement in performance. They have been amplified for higher capacities to be the mainstream high-performance devices.