Management Tools for HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12Gbps SAS Modular
The 871040-001 HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12GBPS SAS Modular LH Controller can be managed using the following tools:
- HPE Smart Storage Administrator (SSA): This is a web-based tool that provides a single interface for managing all HPE Smart Array controllers, including the P408I-A. It can be used to configure, monitor, and manage storage resources, view performance metrics, and perform firmware updates.
- HPE Integrated Lights Out (iLO): This is an embedded management tool that provides remote access and management of HPE servers. It includes a web-based interface for managing storage resources, including the P408I-A controller.
- HPE OneView: This is a converged management platform that provides a unified view of infrastructure resources, including servers, storage, and networking. It includes storage management capabilities, including the ability to manage HPE Smart Array controllers like the P408I-A.
- HPE Systems Insight Manager (SIM): This is a centralized management tool that provides a single view of the entire IT infrastructure, including HPE servers, storage, and networking. It can be used to manage HPE Smart Array controllers, including the P408I-A.
HPE Smart Array Advanced Pack 3.0
The HPE Smart Array Advanced Pack 3.0 for the 871040-001 HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12GBPS SAS Modular LH Controller provides additional functionality and performance for the Smart Array P408I-A controller. Some of the key features of the Advanced Pack 3.0 include:
- RAID 6 (Advanced Data Guarding): Provides additional data protection by allowing for up to two simultaneous drive failures without data loss.
- RAID 60: Provides striping across multiple RAID 6 arrays for increased performance and redundancy.
- Advanced Capacity Expansion: Allows for the online expansion of an array by adding physical drives or redistributing space.
- Secure Encryption: Provides hardware-based encryption for data at rest on the controller.
- Secure Erase: Allows for secure data deletion on physical drives.
- Performance optimization: Provides enhanced read and write caching algorithms to improve overall performance.
- Online drive firmware updates: Allows for the online update of physical drive firmware without impacting system availability.
- Snapshot: Provides point-in-time copies of logical drives for backup or testing purposes.
Installation and Setup of the HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR Controller
To install and set up the HPE Smart Array P408I-A SR 12Gbps SAS Modular LH Controller (871040-001), follow the steps below:
- Power off the server and unplug it from the power source.
- Open the server chassis and locate the PCIe slot that is compatible with the controller. The controller is a low-profile card that fits in a PCIe 3.0 slot.
- Carefully insert the controller into the slot and secure it with a screw.
- Connect the cables to the controller. The controller supports up to eight SAS or SATA drives, so you may need to connect the appropriate cables to each drive.
- Power on the server and enter the BIOS or UEFI settings.
- Configure the controller by creating one or more arrays and assigning the drives to those arrays. You can do this using the HPE Smart Storage Administrator tool, which is included with the controller.
- Install the operating system and any necessary drivers or software for the controller. The controller is compatible with a wide range of operating systems, including Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and VMware ESXi.
- Verify that the controller is working properly by running diagnostic tests and checking the array status.
General Information about this HPE 871040-001
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# 871040-001
- Product Type: Controller
- Sub Type: Smart Array Controller
Technical Information for SAS-SATA Controller
- Interface: 6GB/S SATA / 12GB/S SAS
- PCI Express 3.0 X8 Lane Width
- Form Factor Type-A Modular Controller
- Ports Internal: 8 SAS Lanes Across 2 X4 Mini-SAS Ports
- Cache 2 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache
Compatibility Information of Smart Array Controller
- HPE Apollo Series: 4200 Gen10, 4200 Gen10 384TB 25Gb Capacity Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, 4200 Gen10 384TB Capacity Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, 4200 Gen10 for HPE Ezmeral Container Platform, 4200 Gen10 for HPE Ezmeral Tracking
- HPE Nimble Storage dHCI Large Solution with HPE ProLiant DL380 Gen10, Medium Solution with HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10, Small Solution with HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10
- HPE ProLiant DL Series: DL160 Gen10, DL160 Gen10 Base, DL160 Gen10 Entry, DL160 Gen10 SMB, DL20 Gen10, DL20 Gen10 Entry, DL20 Gen10 Performance, DL20 Gen10 solution, DL325 Gen10 Base, DL325 Gen10 Plus V2 Base, DL325 Gen10 Solution, DL360 Gen10, DL360 Gen10 All Flash Server for Weka, DL360 Gen10 Base, DL360 Gen10 Compute Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL360 Gen10 Entry, DL360 Gen10 High Performance, DL360 Gen10 Low, DL360 Gen10 Network Choice, DL360 Gen10 Performance, DL360 Gen10 Performance for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL360 Gen10 Plus, DL360 Gen10 Plus Network Choice, DL360 Gen10 SMB, DL360 Gen10 SMB Network Choice, DL360 Gen10 Solution, DL365 Gen10 Plus, DL380 Gen10, DL380 Gen10 48TB Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL380 Gen10 96TB Server for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL380 Gen10 All Flash Server for Datera, DL380 Gen10 Base, DL380 Gen10 Entry, DL380 Gen10 Entry SMB, DL380 Gen10 for Cohesity DataPlatform, DL380 Gen10 for SAP HANA Compute Block, DL380 Gen10 High Performance, DL380 Gen10 Hybrid Server for Datera, DL380 Gen10 Network Choice, DL380 Gen10 Network Choice for CTERA, DL380 Gen10 NVMe All Flash Server for Datera, DL380 Gen10 Performance, DL380 Gen10 Server for CTERA, DL380 Gen10 SMB, DL380 Gen10 SMB Networking Choice, DL380 Gen10 Solution, DL388 Gen10 Network Choice
- Contact us with any questions or to verify this model's compatibility with your current server or storage array.
Contact us or ask for live chat/help if you have any questions about the compatibility of this item to ensure the model's matching features with your current system.
SAS controllers facilitate the use of SATA drives to increase the storage capacity with extreme ease. You can get the best SAS SATA controllers here on allhdd.com. Our SAS SATA controllers are some of the best you can find around at the best prices.
SATA is the acronym for Serial Advanced Technology Attachment while the SCSI, nicknamed Scuzzy, is short for Serial Attached Small Computer System Interface.
SATA and SAS connectors help link up your computer components, including media and hard drives to the system's motherboard. SATA drives are more affordable and used for personal computing while fast and reliable SAS drives are the best fit for servers.
On the other hand, SAS controllers work flawlessly on SATA hard drives because both share identical infrastructure and possess related characteristics.
If you'd prefer speed over space, then a SAS-based hard drive is your best bet. However, SATA drives on the other hand, while lagging in terms of speed have a much larger storage capacity.
Data Transfer Speed
Throughput is the volume of data that a drive can move, process, or read and write in a specific amount of time. The drive's throughput is usually tested to measure its speed.
The Input/output operations per second (IOPS) may also be measured. However, the IOPS and throughput outcomes usually imply the same things about the drive.
While the SAS drives boast higher throughput than SATA drives; there are fewer general delays. But there is some overlap between the more high-speed SATA drives and slower SAS drives. On allhdd.com, you can shop some of the best SAS SATA controllers from well-known brands across the world.
While a handful of factors affect the drive's performance, the major factor affecting throughput is the revolution per minute (rpm). Consequently, the higher the rpm, the higher the drive's throughput.
The speed variation is most notable when dealing with large files. A SAS drive boasting 15000 rpm will most likely read and write a 1TB file faster than a SATA drive with 7200 rpm.
Most SATA-based drives' usual speed ranges from 5400 rpm to 7200 rpm, and most SAS-based drives run between 7200 rpm and 15000 rpm.
SAS-SATA Controllers on Allhdd.com
While you can count on both quality and affordability, we also bring you a wide range of SAS SATA controllers to cater to your storage needs. SAS and SATA's notable difference is that SAS is developed to endure 24/7 performance in firms, including data centers. Choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers including 24 Port, PERC H830, Expander Card, PERC H330, PERC H730, PERC 5, Host Bus Adapter, Equallogic, PERC H710, 4 Port, 1-Port, 8 Port, PERC H700, PERC H800, Smart Array, Serveraid, PERC H740, Raid Controller, PCI-E, 12 Port, Controller Card, and16 Port.
You can use a SATA drive for servers just as you would use a SAS drive. However, the SATA drive would deliver a slower performance and a higher probability of failing or hinting at a failure. This laxity could prove expensive to firms that depend on such drives.
A SAS drive has a mean time between failures (MTBF) that ranges from (1.2-1.6 million) hours of use at 113°F (45°C), while that of a SATA drive is about (700,000-1.2 million) hours of use at 77°F (25°C).
SATA disk drives offer many benefits, including the fact that they boast an unbeatable combination of low cost, high capacity, and performance. Taking advantage of this with SAS SATA controllers could bring a significant return on investment. You can count on a 24/7 customer care center for all issues regarding sales and delivery. Allhdd.com delivers all items free of charge within the 48 U. S. states. Please choose from our collection of top-quality SAS SATA controllers today for optimum performance.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product 871040-001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Controller - SAS-SATA
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.