Key Features and Specifications
The HPE AP-504-US Aruba AP-504 (US) Unified Access Point is a high-performance wireless access point designed for use in enterprise environments. It supports the latest 802.11ac Wave 2 standard, providing high-speed wireless connectivity with a maximum data rate of 1.2 Gbps.
Some of the key features and specifications of the AP-504-US include:
- Dual-radio 802.11ac Wave 2 support: The AP-504-US supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies, allowing for high-speed wireless connectivity with up to 1.2 Gbps data rate.
- Multi-user MIMO: The AP-504-US supports multi-user MIMO, allowing multiple users to connect to the access point simultaneously, without affecting the overall network performance.
- Beamforming: The AP-504-US uses beamforming technology to improve the wireless coverage and signal quality, providing better connectivity to mobile devices.
- Integrated Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) radio: The AP-504-US comes with an integrated BLE radio, which can be used for location-based services and proximity marketing.
- Flexible deployment options: The AP-504-US can be deployed in standalone mode, as part of a cluster, or as a remote access point, providing flexible deployment options for different environments.
- Advanced security features: The AP-504-US supports WPA2-AES encryption and includes a built-in firewall to ensure secure wireless connectivity.
- Easy management: The AP-504-US can be managed using the Aruba Central cloud-based management platform, providing a centralized management solution for multiple access points.
Deployment Scenarios and Use Cases
The HPE AP-504-US Aruba AP-504 (US) is a high-performance wireless access point that supports the latest Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) standard. It can deliver up to 1.2 Gbps of throughput and is designed for deployment in a variety of scenarios.
Here are some common deployment scenarios and use cases for the HPE AP-504-US:
- Enterprise Offices: The HPE AP-504-US is ideal for large enterprise offices where there are a high number of users and devices that need to be connected to the Wi-Fi network. With support for Wi-Fi 6, the access point can provide faster and more reliable connections, even in areas with high user density.
- Hospitality: The HPE AP-504-US is also well-suited for deployment in hotels, resorts, and other hospitality environments. It can provide seamless Wi-Fi coverage throughout the property, enabling guests to stay connected and access the internet from anywhere on the premises.
- Education: The HPE AP-504-US is a great choice for schools and universities that need to provide Wi-Fi access to a large number of students, faculty, and staff. With support for Wi-Fi 6, the access point can provide faster and more reliable connections, even in areas with high user density.
- Healthcare: The HPE AP-504-US is also ideal for healthcare environments, where reliable Wi-Fi connectivity is critical for medical staff and patients. The access point can provide seamless Wi-Fi coverage throughout hospitals, clinics, and other healthcare facilities, enabling medical staff to access patient data and other critical information from anywhere on the premises.
- Retail: The HPE AP-504-US can also be used in retail environments, providing Wi-Fi connectivity for customers and employees. With support for Wi-Fi 6, the access point can provide faster and more reliable connections, enabling customers to access product information, make purchases, and access other online services while in the store.
Physical Design and Installation Process
The HPE AP-504-US Aruba AP-504 (US) is a high-performance wireless access point designed for use in enterprise environments. It is capable of delivering wireless speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps and supports the latest 802.11ac Wave 2 standard.
The physical design of the AP-504 is compact and lightweight, making it easy to install in a variety of locations. It measures 8.9 x 8.9 x 2.5 inches and weighs just 2.0 pounds. The access point features an integrated mounting bracket that allows it to be easily mounted on a wall or ceiling.
To install the AP-504, follow these steps:
- Choose a location for the access point that provides optimal coverage for the desired area. Keep in mind that the access point should be mounted at a height of at least 6 feet for optimal performance.
- Mount the access point using the included mounting bracket. The bracket can be attached to a wall or ceiling using screws.
- Connect the access point to your network using an Ethernet cable. The access point features two Gigabit Ethernet ports, allowing it to be connected to both wired and wireless networks.
- Power on the access point using the included power adapter. The AP-504 requires an input voltage of 100-240 VAC and a frequency of 50/60 Hz.
- Configure the access point using the Aruba Instant software or the Aruba Mobility Controller. The software allows you to configure network settings, create wireless networks, and manage user access.
General Information about this HPE AP-504-US
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# AP-504-US
- Product Series: 500
- Product Model: AP-504
- Product Type: Wireless Access Point
Technical Information of this HPE 1.2 GBPS Access Point
- Form Factor: External
- Wireless LAN Standard 802.11ax
- Data Transfer Rate: 1.2 GBPS
- Bluetooth Standard: Bluetooth 5
- Frequency Band: 2.40 GHz, 5 GHz
- Total Number of Antennas: 2
- Number of Internal Antennas: 2
- Wireless Transmission Speed: 1.77 Gbit/s
- MIMO Technology: Yes
- Beamforming Technology: Yes
Dimensions & Weight for this HPE External Access Point
- Height: 1.5 Inch
- Width: 6.3 Inch
- Depth: 6.3 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 1.10 lb
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports: 1
- PoE PD Port: Yes
- Form Factor: Ceiling Mountable
A wireless network connection allows users to connect their server, computer, or mobile phone networks without the use of any kind of wire cables.
Using a wireless network, enterprises and private owners are able to avoid the expensive and strenuous process of installing cables. There is no need for wired devices between equipment in different locations and into the buildings.
Wireless network router, for example, allows for simultaneous connection sharing between various wireless accessories for a better performance experience. Wireless networks make use of radio waves to allow devices to connect. They can connect devices such as laptops, mobile phones, and smart televisions to the internet or other applications.
When users have their wireless devices connected to Wi-Fi hotspots in public places, the connection remains established to that particular business network. While installing a new wireless networking device in homes or offices, users must consider several things. One of the most important ones is the unit's compatibility with other wireless accessories
Wireless Networking Devices
Fast and reliable internet connectivity is guaranteed when users pick the right set of networking devices for home and office networks. Wireless devices come in different varieties. These different types of networking devices only function to suit users' connectivity requirements. Wireless routers connect devices to the internet for high-quality streaming and surfing. They also improve users' streaming experience and other internet activities.
In most cases, wireless networking devices help users get their work done easily with lesser stress. They ensure fast and reliable internet connectivity at all times.
You can choose the right device for your needs from a wide selection of AllHDD wireless devices. We have new and refurbished devices like 1 to 8-port interface cards, external 3G and 4G modems, wireless access points with the speed range from 11MBps up to 5.2GBps and everything in between.
Main Types of Wireless Networks
There are four main types of wireless networks:
Wireless Local Area Network (LAN)
This type of network links two or more devices using a wireless connection method. It provides a connection via access points to a wider internet. Wi-Fi is the most commonly known and used wireless LAN type.
A local-area network is one that exists at a single location—an office building, for instance. LANs can be used to connect a wide array of accessories, such as scanners, printers, and even data storage devices.
The known components of LANs include switches, access points, routers, firewalls, and Ethernet cables.
Wireless Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN)
A metropolitan-area network is one that spreads across a city, small geographical area, business area, or even college campus. One distinguishing factor that differentiates MANs from LANs is the coverage capacity or size. LANs usually provide a network for a building or specific area.
While MANs, on the other hand, cover several square miles depending on the desires and requirements of the organization using it. Large-scale companies often obtain MANs to level up with their needs.
This happens most especially in situations whereby a company has a spacious organization. Then, they have the need to manage important components such as climate control and electrical systems.
Wireless Wide Area Network (WAN)
A wide-area network covers an incredibly vast area. It can be a whole city, an entire state, or even a country. The internet everyone uses today is an apt example of WAN access. Just like the internet, a WAN consists of smaller networks, such as LANs or MANs.
The cellular service we get on our mobile devices today is the most commonly known example of wireless Wide Area Networks. It is always available everywhere we go within the country.
Wireless Personal Area Network (PAN)
Personal-area networks consist of a network mainly concentrated around the devices of a single person in a particular location.
A PAN could have a mobile phone, computer, video game console, or other auxiliary devices. They are regular home devices and small office devices. A well-known example of a wireless PAN is Bluetooth.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.