450GB Storage Capacity and Its Applications
A storage capacity of 450GB is considered a moderate capacity for enterprise-level hard drives. It can store a large amount of data, making it suitable for various applications that require high-capacity storage.
Here are some of the applications where the 450GB storage capacity of HPE DF0450BAERH hard drive can be useful:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems: ERP systems require high-capacity storage to store the large amounts of data generated by business processes. The 450GB storage capacity of the hard drive can be useful in such scenarios.
- Virtualization: Virtualization technologies allow multiple virtual machines to run on a single physical server, which requires high-capacity storage to store virtual machine images and data. The 450GB capacity of the hard drive can be useful in virtualization environments.
- Big Data Analytics: Big data analytics requires large amounts of data to be stored and analyzed. The 450GB storage capacity of the hard drive can be useful for storing the large data sets required for big data analytics.
- Digital Content Creation: Digital content creation requires large storage capacities to store high-quality images, videos, and other multimedia files. The 450GB storage capacity of the hard drive can be useful in such scenarios.
- Database Applications: Databases require high-capacity storage to store large amounts of data. The 450GB storage capacity of the hard drive can be useful for small to medium-sized databases.
MTBF and Reliability
MTBF stands for Mean Time Between Failures and is a measure of the reliability of a component or system. It represents the average time that a device can operate continuously before experiencing a failure. The higher the MTBF, the more reliable the device.
In the case of hard drives, MTBF is an important metric because it helps to estimate how long a drive will last before it fails. Hard drives have moving parts, which means they are subject to wear and tear over time. As a result, hard drives are one of the most common components to fail in a computer system.
Manufacturers typically provide MTBF ratings for their hard drives, based on testing and analysis of large numbers of drives. For example, the HPE DF0450BAERH 450GB 15K RPM SAS 3GBPS Dual Port Enterprise Hard Drive has an MTBF rating of 1.6 million hours.
It's important to note that the MTBF rating is not a guarantee of how long a drive will last, and it's possible for a drive to fail before its rated MTBF. However, MTBF can be used as a general indicator of a drive's expected reliability, and can help users make informed decisions when selecting and managing their storage infrastructure.
Firmware and Driver Updates
Firmware and Driver Updates are critical components of maintaining the health and performance of a hard drive. These updates can provide various bug fixes, security patches, and performance enhancements to the hard drive.
Here are some subheadings for Firmware and Driver Updates:
- Importance of Firmware and Driver Updates
- How to check for Firmware and Driver Updates
- Firmware vs. Driver Updates
- Benefits of keeping Firmware and Driver up-to-date
- Risks of not updating Firmware and Driver
- How to perform Firmware and Driver updates
- Firmware and Driver updates in enterprise environments
- Automating Firmware and Driver updates
- Best practices for updating Firmware and Drivers
- Issues that can arise from Firmware and Driver updates
- Troubleshooting Firmware and Driver updates
- Downgrading Firmware and Driver
- Firmware and Driver compatibility with operating systems
- Impact of Firmware and Driver updates on hard drive performance
- Regulatory compliance requirements for Firmware and Driver updates.
- Manufacturer : Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
- MPN : DF0450BAERH
- Type: Internal Hard Drive (HDD)
- HDD Type: SAS-3GBPS
- SKU: DF0450BAERH
- Option Part Number: 454232-B21
- Option Part Number: 454232-S21
- Spare Part Number: 454274-001
- Assembly Part Number: 480528-002
- Assembly Part Number: 454228-003
- Capacity: 450 GB
- Form Factor: 3.5 inch
- Spindle Speed: 15000 RPM
- Buffer: 32 MB
Dimension and Weight
- Width : 4 Inch
- Depth : 5.8 Inch
- Height : 1 Inch
- Weight : 1.52 LBS
- ProLiant DL Series: DL1000 DL120 (G5 G6 G7) DL140 (G3) DL145 (G3) DL160 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL160se (G6 G7)DL165 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL170e (G6) DL170h (G6) DL2x170h (G6) DL4x170h (G6)DL180 (G5 G6 G7) DL185 (G5) DL320 (G3 G4 G5 G5p G6 G7) DL320sDL370 (G6 G7)DL380 (G4 G5 G6 G7) DL385 (G5 G5p G6 G7) DL580 (G4 G5 G6 G7) DL585 (G2 G5 G6 G7)DL785 (G5 G6)
- ProLiant ML Series: ML110 (G7) ML150 (G5 G6 G7) ML310 (G5p) ML330 (G6) ML350 (G5 G6 G7) ML370 (G5 G6 G7)
- HP Storage Systems: D2600 MDS600 MSA60 P4300 P4500 P4000 (G2) 60 Modular Array StoreAll 9730<br/>
- HP StoragEeasy: 1430 1440 1530 1540 1630 1640 1830 1840 5530 X1400 X1500 X1600 X1800 X3400 X3800
About Refurbished Products
Serial attached SCSI SAS 3gbps hard drives are commonly used in servers and bring with them immense benefits. However, choosing the right hard drive is very important depending on your projects. Avoid putting greater emphasis on the pricing of the hard drives, since it may lead to a complete disaster.
The preserve of the SAS 3Gbps HDD is in servers and high-end workstations where speed considerations are most important. The hard drives are available as 3.5-inch form factor and 2.5-inch form factor depending on your specific applications. These HDDs will process data and complete reads/writes faster than SATA drives – actually, it takes just a fraction of the time. It makes them ideal for enterprise applications since they perform efficiently, faster, and under rigorous conditions. The faster throughput is the idea behind getting SAS hard drives for your applications, seeing that the latest SAS 12Gbps hard disks are super-fast and incorporate RAID hardware controllers.
The throughput of a SAS 3Gbps disk drive is rated at 300 MB/s. Bandwidth typically represents the theoretical maximum level of data that passes through a channel. On the other hand, throughput is the actual measure of how much data actually travels through the channel successfully. Therefore, bandwidth is a theoretical value whereas throughout is the real value.
The key features and capabilities of the popular SAS 3Gbps HDDs are:
- Performance – You will benefit from performance levels that reach 3Gbps (300MB/s throughout), full-duplex transmissions, wide ports for aggregated bandwidth, advanced command queuing, and port aggregation.
- Flexibility – the flexibility of the SAS 3Gbps lies in physical and software compatibility on SATA drives as well as backward compatibility with SCSI software.
- Scalability – you cannot go wrong with the broad address range allowing connection to physical devices and external storage systems using the long cables and small connectors.
- Reliability and availability – you can achieve point-to-point connections, redundancy paths, and dual active port support with the SAS 3Gbps drives.
We have recommended the SAS 3Gbps to a good number of clients since they are best suited for 24/7 workloads. These hard drives are best suited for servers due to the 100% duty cycle. SAS hot-swap hard drives will always win on the reliability front since they are designed to read/write data throughout the day. The SAS 3Gbps HDD cannot be compared to SATA drives commonly used for desktops that have 20-30% duty cycles. Drive speed is a major determinant of throughput and is measured in RPMs whereby SAS drives will operate at between 7200 and 15000 RPM. For better understanding, the faster a drive rotates, the higher the read/write speeds and the higher the throughput. The net effect will apply for slower drive speeds which negatively impact read/write speed and throughput.
The only downside with the SAS 3Gbps hard drives is the storage capacities available. Generally, SAS hard drive disks have a smaller storage capacity format compared to SATA drives. The common storage sizes available for SAS 3Gbps drives include 73GB-10K RPM, 146GB-15K RPM, 300GB-15000 RPM, 450GB-15K RPM, 600GB-10K RPM, 1TB1TB-7.2K RPM, and 2TB-7.2K RPM which are ideal for servers and high-end machines used for production content.
SAS cables are required for connection and feature a continuous connector for both power and data. The SAS cable cannot be used to connect SATA controllers using a SATA connector since they carry higher power voltages. A distinctive feature of the SAS cables is that they are more than 30-feet in length compared to SATA cables that can only reach a maximum of 3-feet in length. However, it is possible to connect a SAS drive to a SATA controller using a continuous/SAS connector.
We have different specifications of the SAS 3Gbps hard drive which are ideal for high-performance applications and for highly virtualized environments that typically handle critical applications and high volumes of users.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.