Installation and Configuration
J4858-61201 is an HPE Procurve X121 1 GBps Gigabit Ethernet Full-Duplex Transceiver that allows for high-speed data transfer between network devices. To install and configure this transceiver, follow the steps below:
- Power down the device: Ensure that the device is powered down before installing the transceiver.
- Locate the SFP slot: Locate the SFP slot on the network device that you will be installing the transceiver into. This may require consulting the device documentation.
- Remove the protective cover: Remove the protective cover from the SFP slot to expose the metal contacts.
- Insert the transceiver: Gently insert the transceiver into the SFP slot until it clicks into place.
- Connect the fiber optic cable: Connect the fiber optic cable to the transceiver.
- Power up the device: Power up the device and verify that the transceiver is recognized by the device.
- Configure the transceiver: Depending on the device, you may need to configure the transceiver. This may include setting the speed, duplex mode, and other parameters.
To configure the transceiver, follow these steps:
- Access the device configuration: Access the configuration interface of the device. This may require logging into the device or using a management software.
- Locate the transceiver settings: Locate the settings for the transceiver. These may be located under a network interface or module configuration menu.
- Configure the transceiver: Configure the transceiver settings according to the specifications of your network.
- Verify the configuration: Verify that the transceiver is configured correctly by checking the device logs or by testing the network connectivity.
Troubleshooting common issues with this Transceiver
J4858-61201 is a Small Form-factor Pluggable (SFP) transceiver module manufactured by HPE. It provides 1 Gigabit Ethernet connectivity over fiber optic cabling, and is compatible with various HPE Procurve switches.
When troubleshooting common issues with this transceiver, there are several potential areas to investigate:
- Compatibility issues: Ensure that the transceiver is compatible with your switch model and the specific port you are using. Check the HPE compatibility matrix to confirm compatibility.
- Physical connection issues: Check the fiber optic cabling for any damage, looseness, or incorrect connection. Verify that the cables are inserted securely into both the transceiver and the switch port.
- Configuration issues: Verify that the switch port is configured correctly for the transceiver module. Ensure that the correct speed, duplex, and VLAN settings are configured on the port.
- Power issues: Confirm that the switch is providing sufficient power to the transceiver. Check that the switch's power supply is adequate and that the transceiver is not drawing excessive power.
- Faulty hardware: If all other troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, the transceiver module itself may be faulty. Consider replacing the module with a known-working unit to confirm whether the issue is with the transceiver or another component in the network.
By carefully examining these potential issues, you can isolate and resolve common problems that may occur with the HPE Procurve X121 1 GBps Gigabit Ethernet Full-Duplex Transceiver.
Maintenance and Upkeep
J4858-61201 is a small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver module designed for use with HPE Procurve switches. It supports Gigabit Ethernet connectivity over a fiber-optic cable and can operate in full-duplex mode, meaning it can transmit and receive data simultaneously.
To maintain and upkeep the J4858-61201 transceiver, you should follow these steps:
- Clean the transceiver regularly: Dust and debris can accumulate on the transceiver's connectors, causing signal loss and reducing the module's lifespan. Clean the transceiver's connectors with a lint-free cloth and a cleaning solution recommended by the manufacturer.
- Avoid bending the fiber cable: Bending or twisting the fiber cable can damage the fiber's internal structure and reduce the signal quality. To avoid this, route the cable in a smooth curve with a radius of at least ten times the cable's diameter.
- Store the transceiver properly: When not in use, store the transceiver in a clean, dry, and protected environment to avoid physical damage or contamination.
- Perform regular inspections: Inspect the transceiver's connectors, cable, and module for any signs of damage or wear. Replace any damaged components as soon as possible.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions: Follow the manufacturer's instructions for installation, configuration, and maintenance. This will help ensure that the transceiver operates correctly and avoids potential issues.
By following these steps, you can help ensure the J4858-61201 transceiver operates correctly and maintains its performance and reliability over its lifespan.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Manufacturer Part Number: J4858-61201
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: GBIC-SFP
- Device Type : Transceiver Module
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module
- Interface (Bus) Type : Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 1000base-Sx
- Data Link Protocol : Gigabit Ethernet
- Data Transfer Rate : 1 GBPS
- Features : Full Duplex Capability
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.3z
Expansion / Connectivity
- Interfaces : 1 X Network - Ethernet 1000base-Sx - Lc Multi-Mode X 2
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
About Refurbished Products
Building a fiber-optic network calls for a lot of planning and consideration of many factors. Transceivers are part of the many devices used to build optical fiber systems. A transceiver serves the combined roles of a transmitter and a receiver in that it transmits and receives signals. They are most common in communication equipment such as cellular phones, cordless telephone sets, and radio. Small form factors are required as networks become dense and space is limited, which sees transceivers included in chipsets.
In local area networks (LAN), a transceiver is used to connect a computer to printers and other devices on the network. Usually, the transceiver is integrated into the Network Interface Card (NIC)
Typical Roles of a Transceiver
- Used to convert frequencies from IF to RF.
- Widespread use in wireless communication to transmit data – voice, data, and video.
- RF transceivers are used in communication devices to support radio and TV signal transmission, digital signals transmission, and satellite communication.
- Collision detection – detection of simultaneous signals on the network.
- Transceivers can be deployed to provide a jabber function to interrupt transmission of long data stream outputs.
Look no further for all types of transceivers including fiber optic transceivers, wireless transceivers, Ethernet transceivers, and RF transceivers. All these transceivers have different characteristics and support full-duplex communication, but the principle behind their work remains the same. Different types of transceivers will have varying numbers of ports used in transceiver networking connections.
RF Transceivers: these devices are used to transmit video or voice data over a wireless medium. Commonly used for satellite communication, radio transmission, and ITE/WiMax/WLAN networks. The radio transceiver works by silencing the receiver when it is transmitting. There is an electronic switch that facilitates the connection of both the receiver and transmitter on the same antenna. The switch protects the receiver from damage that may be caused by the transmitter output.
Fiber Optic Transceivers: Also referred to as optical modules or fiber optical transceivers. Used to transmit data in fiber optic technology. The network must also have electronic components to encode or decode data into light signals.
Ethernet Transceivers: Basically used to connect electronic devices in a network so that they are able to transmit and receive data. It is also referred to as a media access unit (MAU). The best application of these transceivers is in the specification of IEEE 802.3 and Ethernet. Ethernet transceivers will detect a collision, provide Ethernet interface processing, convert digital data, and provide access to the network.
Wireless Transceivers: Wireless transceivers are a fundamental component necessary for data delivery in wireless networks. These transceivers have two layers. The physical layer has a baseband processor and RF front end. The processor converts a bitstream to a collection symbol flow for data transmission. The second layer is a MAC layer for link traffic control in contacting wireless links, improving data throughput, and preventing collisions.
We guarantee our customers high quality and reliability for all our transceiver networking solutions, irrespective of the type and size of your network.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J4858-61201 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Transceiver
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.