Security and Access Control
The J8705-61201 HPE ProCurve 5400zl Series 10/100/1000 PoE Integrated 20 Ports Switch is a high-performance network switch that provides security and access control features to help protect your network from unauthorized access and potential security threats.
Security features include
- Access control lists (ACLs) to restrict access to specific network resources based on user or device attributes
- Port security to limit the number of MAC addresses that can be associated with a specific port
- IEEE 802.1X port-based network access control for authenticating users and devices before allowing them access to the network
- Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize network traffic and ensure that critical applications receive the bandwidth they need
Access control features include
- Support for multiple VLANs to segment the network and isolate different groups of users or devices
- Link aggregation to increase bandwidth and improve network resiliency
- Support for IPv6 to ensure that your network can handle the growing number of IPv6-enabled devices
- Support for SNMP and RMON for remote monitoring and management of the switch.
In addition, the switch also supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) to provide power to connected devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and cameras, eliminating the need for additional power cables.
Understanding PoE (Power over Ethernet) Technology
The HPE J8705-61201 ProCurve 5400zl Series PoE 20 Ports Plug-In Module is designed to provide Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality to compatible switches in the ProCurve 5400zl Series. PoE technology allows network administrators to deliver electrical power over standard Ethernet cabling to network devices, such as wireless access points, IP cameras, and VoIP phones, eliminating the need for separate power supplies or outlets.
PoE technology is based on the IEEE 802.3af and 802.3at standards, which define the maximum power output that can be delivered over Ethernet cabling. The HPE J8705-61201 module is compliant with these standards and can deliver up to 15.4 watts per port or up to 30 watts per port with PoE+ devices.
The HPE J8705-61201 module is designed with advanced features, such as automatic detection of PoE-enabled devices, dynamic power allocation, and overcurrent protection, which can help to ensure the safe and efficient delivery of power to connected devices.
The benefits of PoE technology include reduced installation and maintenance costs, as network devices can be installed in locations without easy access to power outlets. This can be particularly useful for devices that are located in hard-to-reach places, such as ceiling-mounted access points or outdoor security cameras.
PoE technology also provides greater flexibility in terms of network design, as devices can be easily moved or repositioned without the need to reconfigure power outlets or run additional cabling. This can help to reduce network downtime and improve network efficiency.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
The J8705-61201 HPE ProCurve 5400zl Series 10/100/1000 PoE Integrated 20 Ports Switch is a powerful and reliable network switch that can be used to connect and manage multiple devices on a network. However, like any piece of technology, it may experience issues that require troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Check the physical connections: Make sure all cables are securely plugged in and that the switch is properly powered on.
- Verify the switch's IP address: Ensure that the switch's IP address is correctly configured and that it is accessible via the network.
- Check the status of the ports: Check the status of all ports to ensure that they are up and running.
- Check for error messages: Look for any error messages on the switch's management interface.
- Check for software updates: Check for any software updates that may be available for the switch.
- Monitor the switch's performance: Regularly monitor the switch's performance to ensure that it is running smoothly.
- Backup the switch's configuration: Regularly backup the switch's configuration to ensure that it can be easily restored if necessary.
- Check for software updates: Check for any software updates that may be available for the switch and install them as necessary.
- Clean the switch: Regularly clean the switch to remove any dust or debris that may accumulate.
- Replace any worn or damaged parts: Replace any worn or damaged parts to ensure that the switch is functioning properly.
- Manufacturer : HPE
- Model Number or SKU# J8705-61201
- Device Type : Expansion Module
- Form Factor : Plug-In Module
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Cabling Type : Ethernet 10Base-T, Ethernet 100Base-Tx, Ethernet 1000Base-T
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet
- Auxiliary Ports : 4 X SFP (Mini-Gbic)
- Data Transfer Rate : 1 GBPS
- Features : Power Over Ethernet (Poe), Auto-Uplink (Auto Mdi/Mdi-X), Half Duplex Mode, Full Duplex Mode
- Compliant Standards : IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.3ab
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 4 ( 4 ) X SFP (Mini-Gbic)
- Interfaces :
- 20 X Network / Power - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-Tx/1000Base-T - RJ-45
- Compatible Slots : 1 X Expansion Slot
For all your expansion module needs, we've got you covered with high-performance devices that increase functional capability and ease business processes.
You can talk to any of our staff and consult on what would be the best way forward when getting an expansion module to complement and enhance existing infrastructure, meet your immediate and future needs.
We have hardware level 12 with firmware 3.0 or higher modules that allow for the installation of up to 14 expansion modules below the base module for resilient performance. Expansion modules connect to the base module using USB Type-A connectors. That's not all, we have hardware level 11 and lower that supports up to 9 expansion modules.
With an expansion module, you get additional cartridge storage as well as tape drive capacity. We have expansion modules that contain up to two drives and two power supplies. You can choose to have the expansion module with tape drives and power supply installed so that it makes setup easier from your end. Expansion modules will need a power supply only if you install a tape drive in it. A single power supply can actually power two drives. However, you can add a second power supply for redundancy purposes. Without a tape drive, the expansion module is powered via the USB cable connected to the base module.
Expansion modules require 2U rack space and will be shipped with the necessary mounting hardware used to secure it to the rack.
The top features of the expansion modules we've listed include:
- High-resolution LCD screens of up to 5" with backlight for a vibrant visual experience and ease of use. The expansion modules have programmable line keys ensuring that the interface is intuitive and interactive.
- Straightforward setup to facilitate easy installation.
- Availability of a wide range of custom configurations
- Advanced call handling and contact management capabilities to help increase productivity.
- XML browser functionality
- Compatibility across systems which helps to leverage on existing IT infrastructure investment. All the expansion modules we've made available will help to enhance your existing desktop solutions.
- Seamless fusion with planar and fiber technology
- Compatibility with phone models such as SIP-T27P and SIP-T29G helping to expand functionality.
- Availability of color icons that enhance the visual experience for users. There are color-coded independent actionable control keys that facilitate fast switching between pages.
- Ability to link together a maximum of six phone systems and up to two expansion modules from a single host phone.
- Support for up to 3 modules on a daisy-chain
- Reduced excess loss and PDL
- Support for advanced call functions including call forwarding, call transfers, multi-person conferencing, call pickup, LDAP, speed dial, and BFL list.
- Shipped with a stand that has two adjustable angles
You can find almost every module option in our catalog, we have modules with different numbers of ports, from 1-port options to 50- and 90-port options, you can also check out our 20 Gigabit, 48 Gigabit, and 100 Gigabit expansion modules. Browse through our categories to find the best option for your needs.
All expansion modules make for ideal solutions for administrative assistants, receptionists, and contact center employees due to the ability to easily manage large call volumes and to monitor a large number of contacts.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J8705-61201 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Expansion Module
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.