Switching Capacity and Performance
The HPE ProCurve 2610-48 switch is a Layer 3 switch that has 48 ports for connecting devices. It supports 0/100/1000Base-T, which means it can handle Ethernet speeds of 10Mbps, 100Mbps, and 1000Mbps. The switch has a switching capacity of 17.6 Gbps, which means it can handle 17.6 billion bits of data per second. In terms of performance, the switch supports a maximum of 64K MAC addresses and up to 32 VLANs. It also supports Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize network traffic and ensure that critical applications have the bandwidth they need.
Management and Configuration
- VLAN Configuration: The HPE ProCurve 2610-48 switch allows for the creation and management of multiple VLANs on the network. This allows for segmentation of the network and increased security.
- Quality of Service (QoS): The switch supports QoS features such as traffic prioritization and bandwidth management to ensure that critical applications have the necessary bandwidth to function properly.
- Link Aggregation: The switch supports link aggregation, also known as LACP, which allows for multiple physical links to be combined into a single logical link. This increases network reliability and provides increased bandwidth.
- Spanning Tree Protocol (STP): The switch supports STP, which prevents network loops and ensures that only one active path exists in the network.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports ACLs, which allow for the creation of rules to control access to the network. This can be used to restrict access to certain devices or ports, or to block specific types of traffic.
- SNMP: The switch supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), which allows for remote management and monitoring of the switch.
- Firmware Upgrade: The switch supports firmware upgrades, which can be done through the web interface or by using the command line interface.
- Port Mirroring: The switch supports port mirroring, which allows for a copy of the traffic on one port to be sent to another port for monitoring or analysis.
- SSH and Telnet: The switch supports Secure Shell (SSH) and Telnet for secure remote management and configuration.
- Web Interface: The switch has a web interface that allows for easy management and configuration of the switch. This can be accessed through a web browser and requires a valid login.
Power over Ethernet (PoE) Support
Power over Ethernet (PoE) is a technology that allows devices to receive power through their Ethernet cables, eliminating the need for an additional power source. The J9088-61001 HPE ProCurve 2610-48 2 Slot 0/100/1000Base-T 48 Ports L3 Switch supports PoE, which means that it can provide power to connected devices such as IP cameras, wireless access points, and VoIP phones.
This feature is particularly useful for businesses and organizations that want to save space and reduce the number of cables and power outlets required to power their devices. With PoE, devices can be placed in areas where power outlets are not easily accessible, and they can be powered through the Ethernet cables that are already in place.
The J9088-61001 HPE ProCurve 2610-48 2 Slot 0/100/1000Base-T 48 Ports L3 Switch has a PoE budget of 370 watts, which means that it can provide power to a maximum of 48 devices simultaneously. It also has advanced PoE management features such as PoE scheduling, which allows administrators to set specific times for PoE to be enabled or disabled. This can help to conserve energy and reduce costs.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# J9088-61001
- Type : Networking
- Switch-Type :Switch 48 Ports
- Product Line ProCurve
- Total Number of Network Ports 48
- Media & Performance
- Ethernet Technology Fast Ethernet
- Number of Total Expansion Slots 2
- Expansion Slot Type SFP
- Number of SFP Slots 2
Management & Protocols
- Manageable Yes
- Physical Characteristics
- Form Factor Rack-mountable
Dimension and Weight
- Height: 1.7inch
- Width: 17.4inch
- Depth: 9.3inch
- Weight: 11 Lbs
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J9088-61001 at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.