Advanced Features and Management Capabilities
The J9452A HPE ProCurve 6600 Gigabit Ethernet 48 ports Managed Switch is a high-performance network switch designed for enterprise and data center environments. It offers advanced features and management capabilities to provide a reliable and secure network infrastructure.
- 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-speed connectivity
- 4 optional 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports for uplink and stacking
- Support for Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols, including IPv4 and IPv6
- Quality of Service (QoS) features for prioritizing network traffic
- Virtual LAN (VLAN) support for segmenting the network
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) for link redundancy and increased bandwidth
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) for security and network segmentation
- Web-based management interface for easy configuration and monitoring
- Command Line Interface (CLI) for advanced configuration and troubleshooting
- SNMP support for network management and monitoring
- RMON support for network performance monitoring
- Firmware upgrades through the web interface or CLI
- Support for HPE ProCurve Manager for centralized management of multiple switches
Security Features for Protecting the Network
The J9452A HPE ProCurve 6600 Gigabit Ethernet 48 ports Managed Switch offers several security features to protect the network. These include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): This feature allows administrators to set up rules to control which devices and users can access the network, and what they can do once they are connected.
- Port Security: This feature allows administrators to set up rules to limit the number of MAC addresses that can be associated with a specific port, preventing unauthorized devices from connecting to the network.
- 802.1X Authentication: This feature allows the switch to authenticate users and devices before allowing them access to the network, providing an additional layer of security.
- Secure Shell (SSH) and Telnet: These features allow administrators to remotely access the switch and configure it securely, preventing unauthorized access to the switch's configuration.
- Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) segregation: This feature allows administrators to segment the network into different VLANs, providing an additional layer of security by isolating different groups of users and devices.
- Network Access Protection (NAP): This feature allows administrators to control access to the network based on the health status of a device. This ensures that only devices that meet specific security requirements can access the network.
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP): This feature allows administrators to monitor the network for suspicious activity, such as network scans, and prevent malicious activity from happening.
- Quality of Service (QoS): This feature allows administrators to prioritize network traffic, ensuring that critical applications and services receive the bandwidth they need.
Easy Management and Configuration
The J9452A HPE ProCurve 6600 Gigabit Ethernet 48 ports Managed Switch is a high-performance network switch designed for enterprise and data center environments. It provides easy management and configuration through its intuitive web-based interface and built-in command line interface (CLI).
The switch features 48 Gigabit Ethernet ports that support high-speed data transfer and allow for easy expansion of the network. It also includes advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP), and Virtual LAN (VLAN) support for increased network flexibility and security.
The switch also includes a variety of security features such as access control lists (ACLs), port security, and Secure Shell (SSH) support to protect against unauthorized access and network threats.
In terms of management, the switch allows for easy configuration and monitoring of the network through its web-based interface. Users can also use the CLI for advanced configuration options and troubleshooting.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Manufacturer Part Number: J9452A
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Switch 48 Ports
- Enclosure Type : External - 1u
- Ports Qty : 48 X Ethernet 10base-T, Ethernet 100base-Tx, Ethernet 1000base-T
- Data Transfer Rate : 10 Gbps
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet
- Routing Protocol : Rip-1, Rip-2, Static Ip Routing, Igmpv3
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Rmon 3, Rmon 9, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Communication Mode : Full-Duplex
- Switching Protocol : Ethernet
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 4 ( 0 ) X Sfp+
- Interfaces :
- 1 X Management - Rs-232c - 9 Pin D-Sub (Db-9)
- 48 X Network - Ethernet 10base-T/100base-Tx/1000base-T - Rj-45
- Processor : 1 X Freescale Powerpc 8540 : 666 Mhz
- Ram : 256 Mb Sdram
- Flash Memory : 4 Mb Flash
- Power Device : Power Supply - Redundant
- Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational : 172 Watt
About New Bulk Pack Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J9452A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.