Firmware and Software Updates
The J9472A HPE Procurve 3500-48-PoE Fast Ethernet Mini-GBIC Rack-Mountable Switch is a network switch that supports Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology. It has 48 Fast Ethernet ports and 4 mini-GBIC slots for fiber connectivity. The switch runs on firmware, which is the software that controls the switch's internal functions. Firmware updates can fix bugs, add new features, and improve the security and performance of the switch.
Software updates refer to the updates made available for the management software that is used to configure and monitor the switch. These updates can add new features, improve the user interface, and fix any bugs or security vulnerabilities.
It's important to keep the firmware and software of the switch up to date to ensure the best performance and security. HPE provides updates for the J9472A switch on their website, and they can be installed via the switch's web interface or command-line interface.
Security and Management
The J9472A HPE Procurve 3500-48-PoE Fast Ethernet Mini-GBIC Rack-Mountable Switch is a high-performance network switch that offers advanced security and management features to ensure the secure and efficient operation of your network.
Security features of the J9472A include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) to control access to specific network resources
- Port security to prevent unauthorized access to specific ports
- Support for IEEE 802.1X authentication to secure network access
- Support for IP security (IPsec) to encrypt network communications
- Support for Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure web-based management
Management features of the J9472A include:
- A web-based graphical user interface (GUI) for easy configuration and management
- Remote management capabilities via SNMP and Telnet
- Support for Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) to manage link aggregation and link failover
- Support for Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize network traffic
- Support for VLANs to segment and isolate network traffic
- Support for RMON for monitoring and analyzing network traffic
The J9472A HPE Procurve 3500-48-PoE Fast Ethernet Mini-GBIC Rack-Mountable Switch is a high-performance networking device designed for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise environments. It features advanced technologies that provide a range of benefits for network administrators and users.
- Power over Ethernet (PoE) - The switch supports Power over Ethernet, which allows network devices to receive power through the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for separate power adapters. This feature is particularly useful for wireless access points, IP phones, and other devices that require power to operate.
- Quality of Service (QoS) - The switch supports Quality of Service, which allows network administrators to prioritize network traffic based on different levels of importance. This ensures that critical applications and services receive the bandwidth they need to operate smoothly.
- Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) - The switch supports LACP, which allows network administrators to bundle multiple physical links together to form a single logical link. This improves network performance and redundancy by providing multiple paths for data to travel.
- Virtual LAN (VLAN) - The switch supports VLANs, which allows network administrators to segment the network into different logical networks. This improves network security by isolating different groups of users and devices from each other.
- Advanced Security - The switch supports advanced security features such as Access Control Lists (ACLs), port security, and IEEE 802.1x authentication. These features provide an additional layer of security to protect the network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks.
- Mini-GBIC - The switch has Mini-GBIC ports, which allow the switch to be expanded with additional fiber or copper transceiver modules. This allows for longer distances between devices and increased bandwidth.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Manufacturer Part Number: J9472A
- Type: Networking
- Sub-Type: Switch 48 Ports
- Enclosure Type : Rack-Mountable - 1u
- Ports Qty : 44 X Ethernet 10base-T, Ethernet 100base-Tx
- Auxiliary Network Ports : 4x10/100/1000base-T/SFP (Mini-Gbic)
- Data Transfer Rate : 100 MBPS
- Data Link Protocol : Ethernet, Fast Ethernet
- Routing Protocol : Rip-1, Rip-2, Ospfv2, Igmpv3
- Remote Management Protocol : Snmp 1, Rmon 1, Rmon 2, Rmon 3, Rmon 9, Telnet, Snmp 3, Snmp 2c, Http
- Connectivity Technology : Wired
- Communication Mode : Half-Duplex, Full-Duplex
- Processor : 1 X Motorola Powerpc : 666 Mhz
- Ram : 256 Mb DDR Sdram
- Flash Memory : 4 MB
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots Total (Free) : 4 ( 4 ) X Sfp (Mini-Gbic)
- 1 X Management - RS-232C - 9 Pin D-Sub (Db-9)
- 44 X Network - Ethernet 10base-T/100base-Tx - RJ-45
- 4 X Network / Power - Ethernet 10base-T/100base-Tx/1000base-T - RJ-45
- Power Over Ethernet (Poe) : Yes
- Power Device : Power Supply
- Voltage Required : Ac 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configuration on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those of unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.