Managed Switching with the J9726A HPE Aruba 2920-24G Switch
The J9726A HPE Aruba 2920-24G Switch is a fully managed switch, which means it can be configured and monitored through a web interface or through the command-line interface (CLI). This allows network administrators to have full control over the switch's settings and behavior, enabling them to optimize its performance and ensure the security of the network.
The switch supports a variety of management features such as:
- VLANs (Virtual Local Area Networks) to segment the network into different logical subnets, providing better security and traffic management.
- Link aggregation to bundle multiple ports together to increase bandwidth.
- Quality of Service (QoS) to prioritize and manage different types of network traffic.
- Access Control Lists (ACLs) to control access to the network by defining rules for traffic entering and exiting the switch.
- Advanced security features such as IEEE 802.1X, which is an industry standard for network access control.
The switch also supports remote management through SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) and can be configured with a variety of traps and alerts to notify network administrators of any issues or changes in the network.
Additionally, the switch can be centrally managed by using Aruba Mobility Controller, this allows to have a single point of control for multiple access points and switches in the network, making it easier to monitor and troubleshoot the network.
Quality of Service (QoS) Features of the J9726A HPE Aruba 2920-24G Switch
The J9726A HPE Aruba 2920-24G Switch supports Quality of Service (QoS) features, which allows network administrators to prioritize and manage different types of network traffic. This can help to ensure that mission-critical applications and services receive the bandwidth they need, while also preventing less important traffic from consuming too much bandwidth and causing congestion.
The switch supports various QoS features such as:
- Class of Service (CoS) based on IEEE 802.1p priority tags, which allows traffic to be grouped into different classes and prioritized accordingly.
- Differentiated Services Code Point (DSCP) based on IP precedence or DSCP values, which allows traffic to be grouped into different classes and prioritized accordingly.
- Traffic shaping and rate limiting to control the rate at which traffic is sent and received on the switch.
- Congestion management to prevent network congestion by controlling the rate at which traffic is sent and received on the switch.
The switch also supports queuing mechanisms such as Strict Priority Queuing (SPQ), Weighted Round Robin (WRR), and Hybrid (SPQ + WRR) to ensure that important traffic is prioritized over less important traffic.
Additionally, the switch also supports advanced QoS features like AVVID (Architecture for Voice, Video and Integrated Data) for real-time traffic like voice and video, and Auto-VoIP to automatically configure the switch for VoIP traffic.
Advanced Security Features of the J9726A HPE Aruba 2920-24G Switch
The J9726A HPE Aruba 2920-24G Switch includes advanced security features to help protect the network from unauthorized access and malicious attacks. These features include:
- Access Control Lists (ACLs): The switch supports the use of ACLs to control access to the network by defining rules for traffic entering and exiting the switch. This allows network administrators to restrict access to specific devices or services and to block traffic from known malicious sources.
- IEEE 802.1X: The switch supports the IEEE 802.1X standard for network access control, which allows network administrators to authenticate and authorize network users before granting them access to the network. This helps to ensure that only authorized users can access the network, and can be used to prevent unauthorized access.
- Port security: The switch supports port security, which allows network administrators to configure the switch to only allow specific MAC addresses to connect to a specific port. This helps to prevent unauthorized devices from connecting to the network.
- Advanced security features such as DHCP snooping, IP source guard and Dynamic ARP Inspection (DAI) to prevent malicious attacks such as IP or MAC spoofing.
- Secure Shell (SSH) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption to secure the switch's management interface and communications.
- The switch also supports security features like RADIUS and TACACS+ for centralized authentication and authorization of switch management.
Product Specifications about the HPE J9726A
- Manufacture: HPE
- Model Number or SKU# J9726A
- Product Type: Managed Switch
Technical Information for 24 Ports Switch
- Enclosure Type: Rack-mountable
- Total Number of Ports: 24
- 20 x 10/100/1000 + 4 x combo Gigabit SFP
- PerformanceThroughput: 95.2 MPPS
- Switching capacity: 128 GBPS
- Routing Protocol: RIP, static IP routing
- Remote Management Protocol: SNMP 1, RMON 1, Telnet, SNMP 3, SNMP 2c, TFTP, CLI
- Authentication Method: RADIUS
- Features: DoS attack prevention, IPv6 support, half duplex mode, full duplex mode, Class of Service (CoS)
- Compliant Standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, IEEE 802.1D, IEEE 802.1Q, IEEE 802.3ab, IEEE 802.1p, IEEE 802.3af, IEEE 802.3x, IEEE 802.3ad (LACP), IEEE 802.1w, IEEE 802.1s, IEEE 802.1v, IEEE 802.3az, IEEE 802.1AX
- Processor: 1 x ARM : 625 MHz
- RAM: 512 MB - SDRAM
- Flash Memory: 1 GB
Expansion / Connectivity of Managed Switch
- Interfaces: 24 x 10Base-T/100Base-TX/1000Base-T - RJ-45 4 x SFP (mini-GBIC) 1 x management (RS-232) - RJ-45 1 x management (mini-USB) - Type B
- Expansion Slots: 2 (total) / 2 (free) x expansion slot 1 (total) / 1 (free) x Stacking Module slot
Power for Rack Mountable Switch
- Power Device: Internal power supply
- Voltage Required: AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Compliant Standards: C-Tick, GOST, CISPR 24, IEC 61000-3-2, IEC 61000-3-3, IEC 61000-4-11, IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-3, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-5, IEC 61000-4-6, IEC 61000-4-8, EN55024, EN55022 Class A, FCC Part 15 B, ICES-003 Class A, RoHS, IEC 60825-1, EN 60825-1, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 60950-1-07, IEC 60950-1 Second Edition, VCCI Class A
Dimensions & Weight
- Width: 17.4 in
- Depth: 13.2 in
- Height: 1.8 in
- Weight: 11.6 lbs
About Refurbished Products
Here, you can check more available conditions of your desired product J9726A at a competitive price. We are trying our best to meet your needs on the enterprise-level computer, server, data centre, and networking hardware. You are welcome to ask our live chat or get live representative support over the phone.
Other Available Conditions for this Part
Other Available Categories For - Networking - Switch
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.