Deployment and Configuration
The HPE JG306A 3600-24 PoE+ SFP V2 Si 24 Ports Managed Rack-mountable Switch is a high-performance network switch designed for deployment in data centers and enterprise networks. The switch is equipped with 24 Gigabit Ethernet ports and two SFP (Small Form-Factor Pluggable) slots for fiber optic connectivity. It also features Power over Ethernet (PoE+) technology, allowing the switch to provide power to connected devices such as IP phones and wireless access points.
The switch is managed, meaning it can be configured and monitored remotely using a web interface or command line interface. This allows administrators to configure port settings, VLANs, Quality of Service (QoS), and security features such as access control lists (ACLs) and secure shell (SSH) access.
To deploy and configure the HPE JG306A 3600-24 PoE+ SFP V2 Si switch, the following steps should be followed
- Rack-mount the switch in a standard 19-inch server rack using the provided mounting kit.
- Connect the switch to a power source and turn it on.
- Connect the switch to a computer or laptop using a console cable.
- Access the switch's web interface or command line interface using a web browser or terminal program.
- Configure basic network settings such as IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway.
- Configure port settings such as speed and duplex, and assign VLANs to ports as needed.
- Enable PoE+ if desired and configure the maximum power output for each port.
- Configure security features such as access control lists and SSH access.
- Configure Quality of Service settings to prioritize network traffic.
- Save the configuration to the switch's non-volatile memory.
The switch is now ready for use and can be monitored and managed remotely using the web interface or command line interface.
Performance and Scalability
The HPE JG306A 3600-24 PoE+ SFP V2 Si 24 Ports Managed Rack-mountable Switch is a high-performance and scalable switch designed for small to medium-sized businesses and enterprise networks. This switch delivers robust security, reliability, and high-speed data transmission with its 24 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, 2 SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) ports, and 4 combo Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The switch also features PoE+ (Power over Ethernet Plus) technology, which enables it to provide power to connected devices over Ethernet cables. This helps to reduce power cabling costs, as well as providing flexibility in device placement. The switch supports up to 30W of power per port, which is enough to power high-power devices like wireless access points, IP cameras, and telephones.
In terms of scalability, the HPE JG306A 3600-24 PoE+ SFP V2 Si 24 Ports Managed Rack-mountable Switch supports advanced features such as Quality of Service (QoS), Virtual LAN (VLAN), and Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP). These features help to improve network performance and scalability, allowing administrators to easily manage and monitor the switch.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance
The HPE JG306A 3600-24 PoE+ SFP V2 Si 24 Ports Managed Rack-mountable Switch is a powerful and versatile switch that can provide your network with fast and reliable connectivity. However, like all network devices, it may encounter issues that require troubleshooting or maintenance.
- Connection problems: If you are having trouble connecting to the switch, make sure that the switch is properly powered on and that the cable connections are tight. If the problem persists, try resetting the switch to its factory defaults.
- Slow network performance: If you are experiencing slow network performance, check the switch for any congestion issues or errors. If necessary, try disabling unnecessary switch features to improve performance.
- Management interface issues: If you are having trouble accessing the switch's management interface, check the network configuration and firewall settings. Make sure that the switch is properly configured to allow access to the management interface.
- Firmware update: To keep your switch operating optimally, it is important to keep the firmware updated. Check the HPE website regularly for any available firmware updates and follow the instructions to install them.
- Monitoring and logging: Regularly monitor the switch's performance and log any errors or issues that occur. This will help you identify potential problems early and prevent them from becoming major issues.
- Cleaning: Regularly clean the switch to prevent dust buildup, which can interfere with its performance. Use a soft cloth to clean the exterior of the switch and use compressed air to clean the interior.
- Backup and restore configuration: Regularly backup the switch's configuration to ensure that you can restore it in the event of a failure or problem.
By following these troubleshooting and maintenance tips, you can keep your HPE JG306A 3600-24 PoE+ SFP V2 Si 24 Ports Managed Rack-mountable Switch running smoothly and ensure that your network stays connected and reliable.
- Manufacturer: HPE
- Part Number or SKU# JG306A
- Product Type: Layer 3 Switch
- Total Number of Network: Ports-24
- Port/Expansion Slot Details: 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Network
- 24 x 10 Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
- Compatible: Rack Unit 1U
- Form Factor: Rack-Mountable
Dimensions & Weight for HPE Rack-Mountable Switch
- Height: 1.7 Inch
- Width: 17.3 Inch
- Depth: 16.5 Inch
- Weight (Approximate): 22.05 LBS
Media & Performance for this Ethernet Switch
- Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
- Fast Ethernet
- Network Technology: 10/100/1000Base-T
- I/O Expansions
- Number of Total Expansion Slots: 24 Port
- Expansion Slot Type: SFP+
- Number of SFP+ Slots: 24
Network & Communication
- Layer Supported: 3
- Management & Protocols
- Manageable: Yes
- Power Description
- Power Source: Power Supply
- Redundant Power Supply Supported: No
About Refurbished Products
Different Types of Switches
Networking switches vary widely depending on the number of devices they can support, network bandwidth/speed, and form factor. Switches for small offices will have anything between 4 and 8 ports and can fit on a desk. For larger office network implementation, switches may have 24 ports, 48 ports, 96 ports, and 128 ports and are rack-mountable between 1U and 4U. Switches come in different types depending on the network speed and tasks they support. These include 40/100 Gbps, 10 Gigabit (up to 10000 Mbps), Gigabit Ethernet (up to 1000 Mbps), Power over Ethernet, and Fast Ethernet (10/100 Mbps).
The unmanaged switches offer fixed configurations on a plug-and-play basis. It is the most basic switch and there are a few choices in the market. These switches are affordable, but the basic features make them inappropriate for enterprise applications.
The number of features and level of functionality improves with managed switches, making them ideal for enterprise and business applications. These switches are built with the command-line interface for ease of configuration. Equally, they support SNMP agents that come in handy when troubleshooting network issues.
The security on managed switches is better and will protect different types of traffic. Other features include support for virtual LANs, IP routing, and quality of service settings. Managed switches are more expensive compared to all other types of switches.
Smart switches refer to switches that possess more features than those unmanaged switches but do not have the full features of managed switches. Smart switches are more cost-effective than managed switches.
Some of the limitations of the smart switches are a lack of telnet access support, Web GUIs, and a lack of many features for VLANs. They are affordable compared to a fully managed switch and are suitable for a smaller computer network.
Modular switches allow the addition of expansion modules as the network expands. The expansion modules allow for more networked devices but are application-specific. They may include wireless access points, firewalls, or network analysis tools. The flexibility of a modular networking switch comes at a higher cost.
ALLHDD guarantees that the products will not have defects in material that will affect the product's functionality during the Standard Warranty Period. The warranty period starts when the merchandise/items from our warehouse.
What does ALLHDD.Com warranty cover?
30-days to 3 years warranty:
Replacement or refund. In the case of material defects, we will try to replace the product first. The product will be replaced before the expiration of the original warranty. For any failure of hardware, if we cannot process the replacement of the product(s)/model(s), we will refund the original selling/invoiced price. The shipping costs and sales tax, if any, are non-refundable. ALLHDD retains the right to decide whether the item(s) will process for replacement or refund.
What is not covered by our warranty?
The reason why our warranty does not cover any problem caused by the following conditions:
(a) misuse of hardware; accidental damage; carelessness product(s) damage; shock; temperature beyond the specification of any product; faulty installation; operation; modification of goods;
(b) any misuse outside the instructions in the user manual for any specific product;
(c) damaged caused by other hardware or equipment. The warranty will void if the item is returned with physical damage, damage to the retail box, removed from the box, counterfeit labels/labelled by them, or any modifications of internal and external covers. Data loss or damages to any other equipment we do not cover by our offered warranty.
What is the Manufacturer/Brand Warranty?
In general, a manufacturer's warranty service/support is a written guarantee to the buyer of a product. Its terms assure the replacement or repair of the product, if necessary, within a specified period after the purchase (2-5 years depending on the brand/manufacturer). It is typically included in the price of the product. Products are brand new and sealed and the original manufacturer box is complete with the Manufacturer's genuine warranty. For most of the brand new/retail products that come with the manual and box, exceptions may apply (i.e., Cisco, Juniper Networks).
For the server parts (i.e., Dell, HPE) to get Full coverage of the warranty server must have a full 3- 5 years warranty. However, ALLHDD.COM will cover the warranty duration if any Manufacturer doesn't support the advertised warranty and there is no refund for those.
Final Sale items are non-returnable/refundable in any situation. Any question? please ask our team before the shipment.
We can provide additional warranty service/support for any product you purchase from us if you need additional warranty coverage before finalizing the order from ALLHDD.Com. You need to ask in live chat/help or call us for more information.
Individual product warranty mentioned on each item product description page/detail page.
Free Technical support on purchased items, our expert consultancy over the phone, by email, by live chat, or by remote login.
Shipping Options and Estimated Delivery Time
UPS Shipping Options:
FREE UPS® Ground (Free shipping to all orders for 48 states!)
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS 3 Day Select®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days
UPS 2nd Day Air®
Estimated delivery time: 1-2 business days, Delivery by 10:30 AM or 2:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® Standard Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 2-5 PM, Standard Overnight Delivery.
UPS Next Day Air® - Priority Overnight
Estimated delivery time: Overnight Delivery (Next Business Day) Delivery by 10:30 AM or 12:00 PM
UPS Next Day Air® First Overnight - Early A.M
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:00 AM, Early morning, overnight delivery for your time-critical shipments.
UPS® First Overnight - Saturday
Estimated delivery time: Overnight 8:30 AM – Saturday
FedEx Shipping Options:
Estimated delivery time: (4–7 business days in the contiguous 48 states)
*For residential delivery via FedEx Ground use FedEx Home Delivery®
Estimated delivery time: 4−7 business days, based on the distance to the destination.
FedEx Express Saver®
Estimated delivery time: 3 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (except Hawaii and Alaska)
Estimated delivery time: 2 business days (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses; by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx Standard Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 4:30 PM to U.S. businesses and by 8:00 PM to residences)
Available throughout all 50 states (Hawaii is outbound only)
FedEx Priority Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 10:30 PM to U.S. businesses, noon to most residences)
Available throughout all 50 states
FedEx First Overnight®
Estimated delivery time: Next-business-day (by 8:30 or 9 AM to most areas)
Available throughout all 50 states
Worldwide Shipping Options:
UPS®/FedEx® International Economy
Estimated delivery time: 4-7 business days
UPS®/FedEx® International Priority
Estimated delivery time: 2-4 business days
UPS®/FedEx® Ground Shipping Canada
Estimated delivery time: 5-8 business days
- The processing of orders with Ground Shipping can take up to 24-48 hours. But we try to process all orders the same day.
- We are not responsible for weather problems that may affect the delivery of goods by carriers. We cannot guarantee the exact delivery time, regardless of the carriers' claims.
- If you have any specific delivery time requirements, please contact our customer support and someone from our customer service team will be able to help you.
- You can estimate the shipping cost from the products detail page, also available on the checkout page
- The shipping cost depends on box dimensions, weight, and zip/postal code
- To get a FedEx® delivery service you need to mention it on the checkout page notebox.
- For urgent shipments, please contact our customer service.
- Shipping cut off 4:00 PM (Monday-Friday) and available blind drop shipment.